Stick to training related posts.
Moderators: Dux, seeahill
- Posts: 1274
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:52 am
kreator wrote:- Squat 400 (325 as of last week)
- Consistent 160+ bodyweight (158 as of last week)
- Stay relatively in shape running and swimming
- Finish A School, SERE, and get to FRS
- Get hitched
- no. didn't squat 400 but I've done 375 and 325x10. I'm really close and I should hit it in a few weeks.
- yes, I'm consistently 165 now.
- yes, did 2 50Ks this year.
- yes, engaged and marrying in 2017
- Sergeant Commanding
- Posts: 5459
- Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am
Bram wrote:Don't use offensive and derogatory language.
Two private goals.
Lol, total fucking fail on the first one. Well at least the offensive language.
Massive progress towards my private goals....not achieved yet.
"If you live through defeat, you are not defeated. If you are beaten but acquire wisdom, you have won." - RZA
- Sgt. Major
- Posts: 3279
- Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 pm
Beer Jew wrote:1. Total at least 620kg at 90kg BW. Ideally made up of a 600lb deadlift, 220kg squat, and 140kg bench.
2. Front squat double bodyweight at 90kg. Powerclean and Push Press 120kg. Powersnatch 100kg.
3. Earn at least £10k more at the end of 2016, than I am at the start.
4. Get my APM Practitioners Qualification.
5. Sell the apartment we just exchanged on by the end of the year, making at least 12%.
2. Front squatted 170kg, just shy of double body weight. Push pressed 125kg, haven't powercleaned it.
4. Not done - my company flaked out on this, but made up for it in bigger and better ways. It'll hopefully happen this year but not fussed if it does.
5. Not done - will happen in the next couple of months as my wife and I are now expecting so need to size up.
- Sergeant Commanding
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 am
- Location: Surrounded by short irrational people
syaigh wrote:I want to squat 225 and finally learn how to throw shotput correctly.
Gave up on the squat, improved my throw, ran a half marathon, learned how debilitating plantar fasciitis can be
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.
Bud Charniga's grape ape
- Posts: 1093
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:30 pm
1) Keep rocking career + family. Very pleased with and grateful for the way both those things are going right now and I don't intend to fuck them up.
2) Min 2x/week weights, 2x/week something that gets my heart rate up. I can't run without killing my knees and hips, and treadmill/nowhere bike stuff bores me, so it might be rucking.
3) Get home gym built. Nothing fancy. Rack + bar + weights + other shit that I already have lying around. Maybe a TRX-type thing.
4) Do a Highland comp. Practice if I can. Timing around #1 will dictate this.
#2 no-ish -- stuck to 2x weights, still not doing shit for cardio
#3 no, garage is still mostly subsidized housing for rats and spiders
#4 fuck no
- Posts: 1511
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:54 am
Boris wrote:I don't know if I posted here earlier or not, but here were my very paltry goals for 2016:
*Train "more often than not"
*Hit bodyweight on the bar x age in my squat
*200lbs 1-arm DL w. the 2" vertical bar
So far, I'm 2 of 4. I will end the year having "trained" (loosely defined as something strength related) 70%+ of the 366 days in 2016. Tonight, I got 20 chins - probably the first time I've hit this number in pull-ups or chins in at least 2 decades. I didn't take video of it, but the boy was witness. The last rep the chin didn't clear the bar, but it did touch it, so I'm counting it! Pretty happy about it and nowhere else to brag except here w. you MFers. Here's a video of me doing 18 last week:
I'll give the squat and one-arm deadlift goals a shot before the year is done.
Squat was a big failure - just no lungs to speak of right now. The one-arm deadlift was close - 180 came up strongly, but 200 came off the floor but no lock out.
Sooooooo, 2 or 4 for the year. I'll get the other two in 2017.
- Sergeant Commanding
- Posts: 8034
- Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 am
- Location: Deep in a well
I had several goals but the two that mattered the most were:
1) DL 300 lbs (thanks syaigh)
2) Do something different. I try to do something different every year to fight off staleness. Out of a serendipitous moment I discovered Krav Maga and have been messing about with that.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party