Goals you've set for 2016

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Goals you've set for 2016

Post by Bram » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Don't use offensive and derogatory language.

Two private goals.
"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!" - Edna St. Vincent Millay

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Bram wrote:Don't use offensive and derogatory language.

Two private goals.
ORLY
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:24 pm

What a pussy.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:17 pm

TerryB wrote:Good grief!

Tightrope walking, kayaking, dieting down to 165??/

what is wrong wiht you gentlemen??

Cindy Crawford?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Since my goals last year were so shitty due to work changes, I pretty much nailed them without trying. This year I could put up some concrete results oriented goals, but I think I'll stick to process/life goals again instead. Retreated to the erg to help deal with some sad stuff the last few months with my best friend Samson the Wonder GSD, so I'm going to focus on getting my life back in balance.

1. Get outside more in general and hike/camp more specifically. The wife really enjoys this and I love to hike, so it's something we can do together. I've been so focussed on the erg lately that I let a lot of my outdoor fun slip. Time to remedy that. Would like to do the GA section of the AT during my wife's spring break.

2. Find a strength training regimen that I can stick with. I most enjoy BW and KBs, so that's what it needs to be. Keep it free and fun like the original RKC book so I don't get bored.

3. Let "cardio" be fun and not training. Hike, ride, row, skip rope, swing the bells, whatever seems fun that day. I quickly get to the point where exercise becomes so serious to me that it starts taking away more than it gives. I have to break that addiction.

4. Get more seriously into guitar with the goal of playing more with other people and learning 30 new songs this year. Songs will be a mix of strumming campfire stuff and full on finger style monsters on the acoustic.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:45 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Bram wrote:Don't use offensive and derogatory language.

Two private goals.
ORLY
I think there's goals that are hindered by making them public. Some of my coworkers know one of my private goals, no one knows the other.

As someone who usually bails on goals like I've set this year, I'd rather accomplish them than talk about them.

https://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_ ... anguage=en
"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!" - Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:58 pm

Oi.....

I have no words

davidc
Sgt. Major

Post by davidc » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:23 am

Double post

RottenFace
Gunny

Post by RottenFace » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:43 am

PT

1. Run the MCM. This will require smart, consistent training, without injuring myself. After completing the MCM, parlay that experience into maintaining a high level of cardiovascular endurance heading into my (deployable) company command tour.

2. Continue to search for a sustainable, injury free lifting program that allows modest, inch-like forward progression over 2-3 days a week.This is to balance out how much I am going to hate the first goal.

3. Harden up my feet for long fast walks with absurd loads.

4. Continue to play old people sports when I can. I played adult soccer this year and had fun with it. My area has limited options in this regard, but I am relocating soon.

Professional

1. Take care of my Marines. It's the best crew of NCOs and SNCOs that I'll likely ever have at once in my career. I'm burned out, but they still need my best for the next five months.

2. Honor graduate from my next school.

3. Finish out my current tour without killing anyone or allowing my mouth to get the better of me. This is a daily struggle currently. Higher is sucking my soul out through my eyeballs.

4. Get published in my professional journal.

Personal

1. Maximize quality family time. Deployments are fast approaching for us.

2. Sell my house without taking a bath.

3. Quit dip, finally.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:46 am

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Oi.....

I have no words
Keep that up in 2016 comrade!

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:35 am

RottenFace wrote:PT

1. Run the MCM. This will require smart, consistent training, without injuring myself. After completing the MCM, parlay that experience into maintaining a high level of cardiovascular endurance heading into my (deployable) company command tour.

2. Continue to search for a sustainable, injury free lifting program that allows modest, inch-like forward progression over 2-3 days a week.This is to balance out how much I am going to hate the first goal.

4. Continue to play old people sports when I can. I played adult soccer this year and had fun with it. My area has limited options in this regard, but I am relocating soon.

Professional

1. Take care of my Marines. It's the best crew of NCOs and SNCOs that I'll likely ever have at once in my career. I'm burned out, but they still need my best for the next five months.

3. Finish out my current tour without killing anyone or allowing my mouth to get the better of me. This is a daily struggle currently. Higher is sucking my soul out through my eyeballs.

Personal

3. Quit dip, finally.

Why on earth would you want to quit dip??????? I will quit-when I die and thats good enough for me!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:32 pm

Training/health goals;

1. strength train 4 times a week 'most' weeks of the year
2. condition twice a week 'most' weeks of the year
3. do mobility and meditation daily no exceptions

same old shit really. Worked well past few years though

Also got some professional goals

1. set up own business
2. join S&R team. Or at least try.
3. box off a couple of quals I'm working towards

Family/not being a fucking prick goals;

1. don't open the wine/beer until the kids are in bed, (I don't end up beating the little fuckers btw, it's just a shit example to set)
2. where possible, don't spend time with pricks, or don't waste time whining about pricks you have to spend time with.
3. Limit social media to essential conversations, not idle-mind bullshit
Don't try too hard, don't not try too hard

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:58 pm

The last two years have been rough for me in the gym (but great outside it).
1. Consistency
2. Get past the nagging injuries and imbalances that have plagued me the last couple years.
3. Get down to about 200 lbs, maybe even a little less. I haven't weighed myself in a few months, but I'm probably around 205-208. Anything over 200 is just fat.
4. Compete

I finally have a gym that is conveniently located and a good facility with a coach who is both a good coach and a good guy. I can do basic barbell stuff, carries, push the prowler, and row. That's the plan.
Also, my fiancé and I have been invited down south in late April for a vacation that will end in a Highland games. I'll be in Sarasota at the end of this month and may be there for a games but I feel so shitty right now that I'm leaning towards skipping it.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:08 pm

RottenFace wrote:PT

Professional

Personal

3. Quit dip, finally.
Sounds like a good man and a good Marine right there.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:04 pm

RottenFace wrote:...
Professional

1. Take care of my Marines. It's the best crew of NCOs and SNCOs that I'll likely ever have at once in my career. I'm burned out, but they still need my best for the next five months...
I admire your leadership, Sir.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Some simple & measurable goals:

1 - Hit Ring Demon 2X per week, 8X per month. Show up to train and train wisely.

2 - 3X per week: Program Minimum. At present, brisk walk + KB swings, depending.

3 - Sauna 1X per week.

I also plan to retire this year & enjoy a regular sleep schedule.

W.B. Yeats

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:32 pm

johno wrote:Some simple & measurable goals:

1 - Hit Ring Demon 2X per week, 8X per month. Show up to train and train wisely.

2 - 3X per week: Program Minimum. At present, brisk walk + KB swings, depending.

3 - Sauna 1X per week.

4 - Stop thinking about naked men so much.

Johno you forgot one. I fixed it.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:18 pm

Shapecharge wrote:
johno wrote:Some simple & measurable goals:

3 - Sauna 1X per week.

4 - Stop thinking about naked men so much.

Johno you forgot one. I fixed it.

EDIT - In the spirit of the New Year, I retract my rude reply.

And to you, Shape, Sir, I bid you "Good Day."

PS - Send moar pics. Esp. the ones in chaps.

W.B. Yeats

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:21 am

Bram wrote:

I have no words

Nice work on curbing that negative attitude. Cunt.

You're such a brilliant summary of everything that is wrong with the remora culture of the fitnesstainment industry. You literally bring down the level of intellect in any space you waft through like an unrestrained fart.

May 2016 be the year you finally put your back into fulfilling your suicidal ideations.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:53 pm

1. Total at least 620kg at 90kg BW. Ideally made up of a 600lb deadlift, 220kg squat, and 140kg bench.

2. Front squat double bodyweight at 90kg. Powerclean and Push Press 120kg. Powersnatch 100kg.

3. Earn at least £10k more at the end of 2016, than I am at the start.

4. Get my APM Practitioners Qualification.

5. Sell the apartment we just exchanged on by the end of the year, making at least 12%.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Bram wrote:

I have no words

Nice work on curbing that negative attitude. Cunt.

You're such a brilliant summary of everything that is wrong with the remora culture of the fitnesstainment industry. You literally bring down the level of intellect in any space you waft through like an unrestrained fart.

May 2016 be the year you finally put your back into fulfilling your suicidal ideations.
In the past when you've attacked my views, experiences, opinions (and you do seem to love attacking many people's viewpoints, driving down the enjoyment of many people here by creating a negative environment), I've taken the time to google the studies, post pictures, etc. etc.

And time and again your only response to that is name calling and wishing ill upon me.

Your lack of capacity to respond intelligently to criticism here, makes me think that you must compensate for something (not knowing what you're talking about is the most obvious culprit, but it could be all manner of things - insecurity about your stature in the training world which you make up for by insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you - who knows?).

I don't like your attitude 90% of the time here, I do appreciate the good things you post and share - and like everyone here you contribute in one way or another.

Bullying, threatening, name calling and so on is so 2015, or 2nd grade. Both of which we are past.

PM's will be deleted without being read, so don't bother to send them. You haven't earned my respect, maybe if you evaluate your behavior here and stop being so abrasive you will.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:08 am

Your respect isn't worth anything.

Why? Because you're vapid and idiotic. Youv'e had so many chances to listen and learn yet you persist. This is why I hate you. Also it's fun.

clutch

Post by clutch » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:33 am

Do whatever it takes to not die from terminal cancer.

Maintain a positive outlook while I'm dying.

Help as many other people who are fighting this cancer as I possibly can.

Anything else is largely gravy and merely provides a sense of distraction from the reality of the business at hand.

Gav
Sgt. Major

Post by Gav » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:19 am

Total respect clutch for your attitude.
Gav
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful