PR Thread

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

climber511
Gunny

Re: PR Thread

Post by climber511 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Been working my way up for a couple months now - got it done today.
Wrist Curls - goal was 200# - got a nice double today and almost a third if left hand wasn't such a wuss.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:03 pm

climber511 wrote:Been working my way up for a couple months now - got it done today.
Wrist Curls - goal was 200# - got a nice double today and almost a third if left hand wasn't such a wuss.
For a single and with an international bar? Hmmm,this might get me to start wrst curling again.
Nice!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Bobby wrote:
climber511 wrote:Been working my way up for a couple months now - got it done today.
For a single and with an international bar? Hmmm,this might get me to start wrst curling again.
Nice!
It was actually on the old exercise Barbell (standard plate - not Olympic) I bought in 1959 - so not free spinning. It was a sort of nostalgia thing as I used to do this exercise a lot back when I was a teenager in the 60s.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:02 pm

climber511 wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Nice!
It was actually on the old exercise Barbell (standard plate - not Olympic) I bought in 1959 - so not free spinning. It was a sort of nostalgia thing as I used to do this exercise a lot back when I was a teenager in the 60s.
Got one of those old bars and wrist curls on that is a whole different exercise compared to when I use my Eleiko.Haven`t done a wrist curls this year I Think.Will have to do some tomorrow.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:56 pm

Bobby wrote:
climber511 wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Nice!
Got one of those old bars and wrist curls on that is a whole different exercise compared to when I use my Eleiko.Haven`t done a wrist curls this year I Think.Will have to do some tomorrow.
Dig out that old BB and have at it!

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:21 am

climber511 wrote:
Bobby wrote:
climber511 wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Nice!
Dig out that old BB and have at it!
Did 2 sets of 8 with 51.5kg with my old exercise bar,felt like 65-70kg feels on my Eleiko.Will keep working with that bar for a couple of months and then switch to the Eleiko and see what I can do on that,might even get a pb this way?
"being a pussy".

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Surfed 4 times on Thursday...old record was 3 in a day.

That was on top of 5 personal training appointments and a class I taught, so a damn good day.
"If you live through defeat, you are not defeated. If you are beaten but acquire wisdom, you have won." - RZA

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Bram wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:49 pm
Surfed 4 times on Thursday...old record was 3 in a day.

That was on top of 5 personal training appointments and a class I taught, so a damn good day.
Bramble, just curiouso, but how long does it take from the thought, "hey, I'm going surfing," to actually being in the water? Are you like right there already and you just put on your shit and walk to the beach?

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:25 am

Shapecharge wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Bramble, just curiouso, but how long does it take from the thought, "hey, I'm going surfing," to actually being in the water? Are you like right there already and you just put on your shit and walk to the beach?
On the weekends I'll walk and it's about 15 minutes each way, maybe 20 if the first couple breaks look crowded or sketchy or just plain bad.

Driving it's fast, work and home are both pretty close. I'm lucky man, trying to take advantage of it and not take it for granted.
"If you live through defeat, you are not defeated. If you are beaten but acquire wisdom, you have won." - RZA