Intermittent Boozing

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Re: Intermittent Boozing

Post by The Ginger Beard Man » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:25 am

Holland Oates wrote:http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/28/h ... /21436662/
Elephant tranquilizers! You need to up your game SAHN!
When I first got sober, I knew a guy, an artist, who had been clean and sober about twenty years, but mentioned getting high on rhinoceros tranquilizers at Studio 54 back in the day.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Hanglow Joe
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hanglow Joe » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:17 pm

I'm good Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Hate waking up with that queasy feeling and then having to work. Thursday, I usually start getting the itch for a cocktail. Sometimes I imbibe, sometimes I don't. By Friday at 4, bring it on.

Still I drink too much on the weekends. I'm not shots guy, but love scotch. Too much and that's a train for me that's hard to stop when I get going.

Moderation sucks, you're better off stopping completely. When I take time off, once I get through the first weekend, it's easy.

Of course the fucking social land mines that my wife insist we attend. This Saturday, Octoberfest Party, Next Saturday, setting up 2 friends, Saturday after Halloween Party, Saturday after that another Halloween Party. It just never ends.

So my goal this month is just to drink at those events and stick to beer. No drinking at home.

milosz

Post by milosz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Belated birthday celebration last night - basically feel like a sack of shit today.
Fuck alcohol.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:31 am

After three weeks of my intermittent boozing experiment, I'm drinking much less (down to 20-25% of former intake), and enjoying it less. But my sleep may not have been as sound as before; I know that contradicts popular wisdom.
Also, the "thought habit" seems to have broken and I no longer think about a drink every afternoon.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:53 pm

johno wrote:After three weeks of my intermittent boozing experiment, I'm drinking much less (down to 20-25% of former intake), and enjoying it less. But my sleep may not have been as sound as before; I know that contradicts popular wisdom.
Also, the "thought habit" seems to have broken and I no longer think about a drink every afternoon.
Prior to my going to nights and never sleeping, I found that a nightcap always seemed to help with insomnia. Going without normally led to me sleeping restlessly and finally waking up. Now the sheer exhaustion does the trick.

kreator

Post by kreator » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:47 pm

I didn't have my first drink until I was 22. Perhaps strange and definitely out of the norm for my generation but I don't regret it.
More than 3 or so drinks and it's usually a poor training day afterward, which always depressed me so I never got into that. Now, being in the military I'm limited to the intermittent thing anyway.
On the other hand 1-2 drinks with a quality dark beer (IPA typically) gets me fired up and I feel extra energy the next day. I never experienced what they said about how even a little alcohol messes you up - completely the opposite. Don't know if it's just the carbs or what.