Microdosing LSD, other nootropics

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Microdosing LSD, other nootropics

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Hey, this came up on my radar recently. Any of you guys played around with this stuff? I missed it last year when it came up on the Ferriss podcast, because LOLtim, but I keep coming across unreliable sources.

Apparently the inventor of LSD microdosed 2x week and continued lecturing till he was 100.

For clarity, this involves taking a 1/10th dose that is not perceptible from a high/hallucinogen standpoint.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Re: Microdosing LSD, other nootropics

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Hey, this came up on my radar recently. Any of you guys played around with this stuff? I missed it last year when it came up on the Ferriss podcast, because LOLtim, but I keep coming across unreliable sources.

Apparently the inventor of LSD microdosed 2x week and continued lecturing till he was 100.

For clarity, this involves taking a 1/10th dose that is not perceptible from a high/hallucinogen standpoint.
Nootropics, like peptides are such a black hole. Definitely ping here if anyone finds anything reliable.

Micro-dosing hallucinogens from K to mushrooms has a long and storied history if not data on everything from treating anxiety, depression and addiction (the holy trinity of smart people malfunctions).

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-me ... ression-0/

http://www.vice.com/read/microdosing-ps ... ession-184

http://www.livescience.com/51482-more-p ... drugs.html

I have an operating theory which is total crap that mushrooms are how northern latitude people addressed SAD...no idea what those inuit got up to.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Definitely ping here if anyone finds anything reliable.
A friend who's been doing this for years and is taking a bunch of stuff (not psychedelics) said centrophenoxine was a good OTC focus enhancer. He thinks generally nootropics have been getting dialed in very well in recent years.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm just waiting for something that beats coffee, Coca tea or meth.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:46 pm

A few people I know are microdosing LSD and/or shrooms. Reviews range from "a mind cleanse " to "The Shit." One guy I know claims it (LSD) is very helpful making mind/body connections.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:10 pm

johno wrote:A few people I know are microdosing LSD and/or shrooms. Reviews range from "a mind cleanse " to "The Shit." One guy I know claims it (LSD) is very helpful making mind/body connections.

Along those lines....T200 and I chatted a ways back about how one peptide (IGF-LR3, maybe GHRP-2 as well I think...) had "neuro-pro-motor" effects in some research. Not positive it worked that way for me, but the time I ran it, I was taking 20-80 throws a day in the HG implements and put up double digit percentage increases on all my throws over a spring training block.

Last winter after a particularly dark episode, I spent a solo weekend shrooming alone and taking quick swims on off Ruby Beach on the Washington Coast. I for sure came back with a cleaned out cortex and a deep appreciation of rip currents.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:49 pm

In times past, microdosing shroom tea while taking a 2 week long hiking trip ended up saving my life and resetting a metric shit ton of things for me. Wish I could get my hands on some now.

milosz

Post by milosz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Research chemicals are an option if you don't want to deal in explicitly illegal forms - 1P-LSD is a research chem analogue of LSD, 4-AcO-DMT is a psilocybin analogue.

The former works in a solution with distilled water without degrading but the latter requires alcohol or propylene glycol for volumetric dosing. As a microdose is under 5mg, volumetric is the only way to go with the latter (ie dissolve 250mg in 250ml of everclear, dose in ml).

I've microdosed with 1P-LSD and LSD25, in the 7-10ug range. No noticeable effects (duh) but I'm also bad about remembering to dose - acid lasts forever in my system so I need at least 14 hours between dosing and sleep if I don't want trouble sleeping.

Somewhere above microdosing, when I was in college and knew people with actual mushrooms we'd eat about a half gram of mushroom and get loads of euphoria with very minor visuals - maybe some walls breathing, maybe some popcorn dots on the ceiling moving. That was the source of my great love of mushrooms vs. acid - dose controllable, not going to keep you up all night, the next day doesn't suck.

I'm actually planning to try microdosing THC - I've made a tincture with 151 for sublingual use, waiting on a couple of dropper bottles to arrive. Curious if subperceptual levels of THC (sub-5mg) have any effect on attention span, etc.
Last edited by milosz on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:09 pm

I want to try DMT. THC and other fun things will have to wait until retirement or until the Feds change their banned substances for my license.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:34 pm

How does one purchase this stuff without connections?

milosz

Post by milosz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:36 pm

DMT is extremely difficult to locate, sadly. Extracting it yourself appears to fairly simple but not worth it currently.

milosz

Post by milosz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:37 pm

buckethead wrote:How does one purchase this stuff without connections?
Research chemicals - google 'rcsources' Reddit.
Non-research - darknet, presumably.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:53 am

Darknet markets with Bitcoin, from what I read. Reddit has a noobs darknet subreddit for the basics.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:17 am

or for the growing variety...cow pasture, tis the season now.

milosz

Post by milosz » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:48 pm

Apparently DMT is fairly simple (if time consuming) to synthesize yourself using Acacia Confusa Root Bark that's legally available as dye, should anyone have a real hankering.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:57 pm

milosz wrote:Apparently DMT is fairly simple (if time consuming) to synthesize yourself using Acacia Confusa Root Bark that's legally available as dye, should anyone have a real hankering.

Any knowledge on the peptide DMT offshoots? I was a little disappointed in the DMT I tried. So very fast.

milosz

Post by milosz » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:36 pm

Not that I know of. 5-MeO-DMT was criminalized before I regained an interest in psychedelics, descriptions make it sound rather different from DMT itself.

Bedlam 0-0-0
Gunny

Post by Bedlam 0-0-0 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:38 pm

I have microdosed mushrooms while working 12-14 hour days in a metal fabrication shop. For me it increased focus and generally elevated mood. I believe Dr. James Fadiman has compiled self reported information about microdosing and recommends to do it every 3 or so days. I just used it PRN. One has to figure out where their threshold of perception generally is and take below this amount...Large doses are good for full "resets." I love mushrooms and have a good relationship with them. I believe there are very few "bad trips." Most bad trips are just the subconscious/unconscious jettisoning material to be digested more fully by the conscious mind. Mushrooms seem to be very helpful in this manner (for me.) As a note, after microdosing I would never take an ssri again. Mushrooms take minutes to begin to be effective while ssris can take weeks. I experienced no negative repercussions from microdosing although anything that has an effect will eventually have a side effect.

The best manner of obtaining what you need is to order some spore syringes online (legal for "education" purposes not legal if you propagate them) and grow them yourself. Search pftek.

\:D/ Have fun, be well!

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:56 pm

Bedlam 0-0-0 wrote:I have microdosed mushrooms while working 12-14 hour days in a metal fabrication shop. For me it increased focus and generally elevated mood. I believe Dr. James Fadiman has compiled self reported information about microdosing and recommends to do it every 3 or so days. I just used it PRN. One has to figure out where their threshold of perception generally is and take below this amount...Large doses are good for full "resets." I love mushrooms and have a good relationship with them. I believe there are very few "bad trips." Most bad trips are just the subconscious/unconscious jettisoning material to be digested more fully by the conscious mind. Mushrooms seem to be very helpful in this manner (for me.) As a note, after microdosing I would never take an ssri again. Mushrooms take minutes to begin to be effective while ssris can take weeks. I experienced no negative repercussions from microdosing although anything that has an effect will eventually have a side effect.

The best manner of obtaining what you need is to order some spore syringes online (legal for "education" purposes not legal if you propagate them) and grow them yourself. Search pftek.

\:D/ Have fun, be well!
Great Post.

What's a micro dose for you? Single cap and stem? 2?

Bedlam 0-0-0
Gunny

Post by Bedlam 0-0-0 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:14 am

I ground, encapsulated and used approx .5g to .75g if I remember correctly. Potency can vary somewhat as can my body's "tolerance"(?). Having them encapsulated makes it easy to adjust during the day without drawing any attention. No one questions taking a capsule but being seen eating a cap or stem can garner unwanted questioning. Also grinding them levels potency across the board which decreases the chance of accidentally overdoing it when variations of potency appear in a batch (for example "aborts" often have a higher potency than ones that grow to full size. Also time of harvest can influence the potency). One last thing, grinding can add heat to the system which can decrease potency. I always pulse the grinding to keep the heat down...the heat produced may not be enough to have any effect but one should be aware of this effect.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:40 pm

So, we are clearly in the slow ragnarok of IGx, yet where on fucking Facebook are you going to get info like that? Between this and "old man training", it hasn't been a bad couple of weeks.

Kudos to Spells for bringing this up.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:41 pm

I agree, Shaf.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:14 am

Yep.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

milosz

Post by milosz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:38 am

We sort of skipped past non-psychedelic nootropics.

Worth laying out the base position - I'm an ADHD-inattentive case and prone to depression. I've vastly cut back on or eliminated booze at times in my life because it's the drug that makes me feel emotions deeply and those emotions often involve deep melancholy. I have Alzheimer's running through my maternal line so my interest in brain drugs is also tied into beating back age-related mental decline/dementia rather than immediate results. Not a Type-A Boiler Room go-go-go career type, either, so I may not notice some effects from various drugs. I own my own small specialty retail business so I just want to get through my work day with a minimum of bullshit and then be free and comfortable to read/write/think about whatever is interesting me most day to day.

Caffeine and l-theanine is the most basic combo (200mg theanine/100mg caffeine) - theanine smooths out the edges of caffeine. I'm not sensitive to caffeine, I only drink it because I like the taste of Japanese iced coffee and it might give a little perk to afternoon energy drops.

Racetams - I didn't notice anything after trying piracetam/aniracetam, with and without choline. People who are into this shit use brain games/n-back testing/etc. to justify their perceived value, I suspect that all those tests just show that you're getting better at the tests rather than anything relating to everyday life.

Modafinil - 200mg/100mg/50mg using a pill cutter, used on days when I didn't get enough sleep. 100/200 just makes me kind of an asshole (with maybe a little more sustained focus) for 6-8 hours and then I crash and need a nap. 50mg there's less asshole-ishness, similar focus, I can still nap though there's less need. I don't plan to get more when I run out.

Nicotine - noticeable effect on attention/focus for me. I've smoked on and off (as in 5 years on, five years off) for 17 years. Gave up cigarettes this time but I have an e-cig that I use on occasion.

Intermittent fasting - it's hard to follow at times and to say no to sugar/snacks/desserts, but following a true alternate day fasting system (8am breakfast to 8pm dinner, then not eating from 8pm-12am, a full day and then 12am to 8am breakfast - so ~12/36) makes me feel like a champ mentally and physically. (I say no sugar because it's hard for me to get back on the system after too much soda/sugary stuff - not eating for 36 hours is no big deal to me if I don't have anything fucking with blood sugar/appetite, but drinking a big coke at a movie makes the next morning rougher and that cascades. YMMV on this one, obviously.)
Last edited by milosz on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

milosz

Post by milosz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:48 am

There's also cannabis. As I said in another post I used it intially to cut way back on booze - I have no desire to live a completely sober lifestyle. Straight edgers were fucking assholes. The human desire to be a bit fucked up cannot, in my opinion, be understated. I don't like being so high I can't read or function, just as I wouldn't want to be blitzed on whiskey night after night, but in mild doses it stops my mind turning over and over on things I can't change at 11 o'clock on a weeknight.

In the future, there's going to be a lot of weed that can do different things. Most people in the last 15-20 years have only experienced pot cultivated to boost THC levels and get you as high as possible on as little material as possible. There's a place for that, sure, but high-CBD strains are fascinating. I had some that was 20:1 CBD:THC - do a bong rip or smoke an entire bowl and you'd be as mentally sharp as you were before but anxiety and stress seem to melt away, a mental and physical relaxation that was an entirely new feeling to me. THCV is a cannabinoid that curbs appetite and energizes the brain, while lasting half as long as THC. Breeders are working on strains that privilege that over THC.