Another little challenge

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

climber511
Gunny

Another little challenge

Post by climber511 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:40 pm

Something to try

Take a piece of rope maybe 10 foot long – make a bend in the middle and throw that over a chin up bar. You will have a loop on one side and the two ends hanging down on the other side. Adjust the “loop” so it fits under your chin (use a towel for padding if you want). Now grab the loose ends up close to the chin up bar. Pull down with your arms and keep the loop under your chin (this isn’t hard or painful if you use a little padding). Pull until the top of your head touches the bar – then LOWER YOURSELF BACK DOWN without letting go of the rope. I’ve posted this before but it’s worth trying again. If you can do it please post a video as it’s very rare to do it.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Another little challenge

Post by syaigh » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:04 pm

climber511 wrote:Something to try

Take a piece of rope maybe 10 foot long – make a bend in the middle and throw that over a chin up bar. You will have a loop on one side and the two ends hanging down on the other side. Adjust the “loop” so it fits under your chin (use a towel for padding if you want). Now grab the loose ends up close to the chin up bar. Pull down with your arms and keep the loop under your chin (this isn’t hard or painful if you use a little padding). Pull until the top of your head touches the bar – then LOWER YOURSELF BACK DOWN without letting go of the rope. I’ve posted this before but it’s worth trying again. If you can do it please post a video as it’s very rare to do it.
Someones gonna die.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:06 pm

This sounds suspiciously like those "winterize your car" tips floating around. Like drain all the coolant because your car doesn't need to cool itself when it's cold out, or put sand paper on your windshield wipers to clean the ice off.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

tonkadtx
Staff Sergeant

Post by tonkadtx » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:34 pm

Like drain all the coolant because your car doesn't need to cool itself
The basic lack of even minimal science knowledge from most people (like colligative properties) is astounding.

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Oh ye of little faith :). My dad had all kinds of little challenges that my sisters and I did when we were kids. This is one of the best. Have a little faith and give it a try. I promise you won't die LOL - but you will get a surprise. Just remember you're not done until you have lowered back down again.

I'll give you all another one - heels and butt against the wall - legs straight and touch your toes. I can't do it anymore but both my sisters can.

Do a pistol and pull the raised foot in and touch your nose with it - take it back out and raise up again.

We were doing what I now see as the Yakutan (sp) Peg Top thing back then too. We all got to where we could do it with a pop bottle with one hand.

There are more and were lots of fun to play when we were kids and make for fun little challenges even now. Don't be scared - give it a go!

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:53 pm

Did all of these. Easy if you have a teaspoon of cinnamon first

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:34 am

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:48 pm

This triggered a memory for some reason of camping with Shape.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Were you a trainer for INXS or David Carradine?
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Climber should, if he's not doing it already, start writing click-bait ads. "Do this one cool trick to lose weight!!" "Try this if you want to tighten up anything!!" "You'll never guess what he did to add more length!!" "Hide things here if you don't want anyone to find them!!"

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Shapecharge wrote:Climber should, if he's not doing it already, start writing click-bait ads. "Do this one cool trick to lose weight!!" "Try this if you want to tighten up anything!!" "You'll never guess what he did to add more length!!" "Hide things here if you don't want anyone to find them!!"
What is "click bait"? Old people want to know :)

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Fun with auto-asphyxiation