The Barbell Prescription.

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Post Reply
User avatar
SubClaw
Top
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

The Barbell Prescription.

Post by SubClaw » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:06 am

Has anyone here bought it? Is it any good?

I was thinking about getting it for my parents this Xmas but I'm still undecided.

dkay
Sarge
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:44 am

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by dkay » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:59 am

I can advise that the only prescription is more cowbell.

Ripe Turd
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:34 pm

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by Ripe Turd » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:26 pm

It's Starting Strength.

Image

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21051
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Are they lifting now? Do you think this will make them lift?

User avatar
SubClaw
Top
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by SubClaw » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Ripe Turd wrote:It's Starting Strength.

Image
I see... yet another SS iteration, but focused on seniors. I was expecting something along the lines of Easy Strength, but it's an interesting twist.

User avatar
SubClaw
Top
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by SubClaw » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Are they lifting now? Do you think this will make them lift?
Yes, they are following a full body routine (using a TB, KBs and a TRX) that I kinda created/stole/assembled from various sources (Dan John, Dan Martin, Tom Furman...).

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by bennyonesix » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Is Dan Martin still alive?

User avatar
SubClaw
Top
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by SubClaw » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:53 pm

bennyonesix wrote:Is Dan Martin still alive?
Pretty much. You can see him on Dan John's forum.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19077
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:13 pm

SubClaw wrote:
bennyonesix wrote:Is Dan Martin still alive?
Pretty much. You can see him on Dan John's forum.
that's a fate worser than death.

FYI..nobody follows % based lifting....not even those of us who write the damn % based programs.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Boris
Top
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:54 am

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by Boris » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:FYI..nobody follows % based lifting....not even those of us who write the damn % based programs.
Exactly. 92.5% x 3sets of 4? Um, no thank you.

User avatar
SubClaw
Top
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by SubClaw » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Boris wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:FYI..nobody follows % based lifting....not even those of us who write the damn % based programs.
Exactly. 92.5% x 3sets of 4? Um, no thank you.
Are those percentages or poundage? It looks like a 2.5 kg. increment.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19077
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: The Barbell Prescription.

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:01 pm

SubClaw wrote:
Boris wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:FYI..nobody follows % based lifting....not even those of us who write the damn % based programs.
Exactly. 92.5% x 3sets of 4? Um, no thank you.
Are those percentages or poundage? It looks like a 2.5 kg. increment.
If it's listed in KG, i fond it hard to believe it's universally applicable. I'm in the age group,s he defines and so is my mother. 92.5 kilos is nothing for me all day, for my mom it's nearing 1rm
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Post Reply