So.. is StrongFirst dying?

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

tonkadtx
Staff Sergeant

Re: So.. is StrongFirst dying?

Post by tonkadtx » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:13 pm

OK bichos, i am offering an IGx cert.
5 sets of singles, 10 minutes on the Concept 2, then an hour with the ladyboys?

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:21 pm

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The time is coming when nobody is going to want to pay to go and make Pavel a bunch of money, especially since it seems Pavel just shows up to some of these things. It's a shitty business model for everyone but Pavel and maybe his chosen few. I find it exploitative and disgusting that anyone wants to be a part of it.
Looking at it from the other side, I'd wager Cotter, Maxwell, etc. would have been extremely hard-pressed to develop an audience as big/fast as they did without riding the DD marketing train. SRKC struck me as paying dues for good coaches to get a nice business platform jump-started. There was a real value proposition there for the SRKC looking towards the future.
I totally agree with you. I am from the RKC class after yours....waaaaaaaay back when Cotter and Nate were minted as SRKC's and Steve Maxwell's little boy, was just a little boy. All of those guys: MM, Cotter, Maxwell, et all, most definitely benefited from the JDC machine....which sat in a tiny, old, and utterly crappy little office park outside of St. Paul. But no one on the interwebz knew that, nor would they care.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Crossfit has buried everything else...follow the money and the pussy.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Crossfit has buried everything else...follow the money and the pussy.
I was actually the second puppet prez of the fledgling NAKF. I *really* thought it would be a great idea to make KB medley's as a 'sport', but I was alone in that regard over the GS crowd. To their credit, they most definitely made great strides in KB sport in America, but those [email protected] people seemed to have the right idea from a popular standpoint. The ironicals, is, [email protected] ended-up doing exactly what I proposed, anyway. (Not that they got the idea from me, I am sure they were cooking their own sauce....)

Old Mother
Staff Sergeant

Post by Old Mother » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:14 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Crossfit has buried everything else...follow the money and the pussy.

I'm in!

How much for your e-book?

DPR

Post by DPR » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:59 pm

If you want to excel at high rep kettlebell lifting, contact Marty.