What beneficial thing aren't you doing?

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Re: What beneficial thing aren't you doing?

Post by WildGorillaMan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:44 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Just for reference, WGM, what does that look like.

Easily I can get 4-6 cups of greens, usually broccoli, sometimes the kale, chard, spinach blend, 2 cups of frozen mixed berries, in blender drinks, and sometimes 2-3 additional pieces of fruit and maybe a salad if I push it...most days it's just one smoothie in the morning
Same, pretty much. I have a big serving of veggies on my plate at dinner, and when the fresh leafy stuff looks good at the store I'll have salads on top of that.

But most days it's one or two blender drinks of broccoli, cauliflower, etc with a banana and protein powder.

I went overboard on spinach last year and drove my ferritin through the roof. I basically poisoned myself, and while I've got it back under control now, I eat spinach sparingly, and less red meat than I used to.

Pro Tip: If you're a large, sturdy man you probably don't need a shitload of dietary iron.

Honestly, if I had to choke down 2lbs of broccoli a day on it's own it probably wouldn't happen.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:48 pm

That I'm not doing? More sleep and less caffeine. And I've been thinking lately that I need to use my Rumble Roller a lot more.

EDIT: And a good probiotic.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:37 am

The Atonement thread. For those not stretching and not eating veggies - three Hail Mary's, five Our Father's and no sex for three weeks.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:43 pm

No sleep. Too much caffeine. Horrendous food timing.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:31 am

Too much sugar, not enough veggies. Not enough stretching (but I've been forced to improve that one this past week).
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:43 am

My word.

When did WGM, the fattest person I internet-know, become a diet guru??????
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:44 am

WildGorillaMan wrote:

Easily I can get 4-6 cups of greens, usually broccoli, sometimes the kale, chard, spinach blend, 2 cups of frozen mixed berries, in blender drinks, and sometimes 2-3 additional pieces of fruit and maybe a salad if I push it...most days it's just one smoothie in the morning
Same, pretty much. I have a big serving of veggies on my plate at dinner, and when the fresh leafy stuff looks good at the store I'll have salads on top of that.

But most days it's one or two blender drinks of broccoli, cauliflower, etc with a banana and protein powder.

I went overboard on spinach last year and drove my ferritin through the roof. I basically poisoned myself, and while I've got it back under control now, I eat spinach sparingly, and less red meat than I used to.

Pro Tip: If you're a large, sturdy man you probably don't need a shitload of dietary iron.

Honestly, if I had to choke down 2lbs of broccoli a day on it's own it probably wouldn't happen.
UR a [email protected]!~!!!!!!

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:52 am

TerryB wrote:My word.

When did WGM, the fattest person I internet-know, become a diet guru??????
He's our very own idiot man child poisoning himself with spinach because he has essentially no conscious intellect.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:53 am

WildGorillaMan wrote:

DAMN IT SON YOUB
ARE THE MKST RIDICULOUS FUCKER ON THE INTERNET.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:22 am

How much spinach do you need to eat to die?

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:35 am

Can we really assume the simpleminded bastard was even eating spinach at this point?

I mean, it could have been green paint chips.

Or green paint.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Staying physically young, moving and feeling well, and riding trails for as long as I possibly can is what motivates me to do something most everyday. And vanity.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Mickster, one quasi trail ride does not an expert make but I will say I get it. I was only out for about 45 minutes because of darkness but I would have stayed out twice that long if I could have. I'm looking forward to exploring every trail in north Texas and elsewhere while I can.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Shape, I meant to post this in the "unmotivated" thread, but yes, I absolutely love it. I can't get enough of it and want to be able to ride trails well into old age. I hope you continue to enjoy it!
Shapecharge wrote:Mickster, one quasi trail ride does not an expert make but I will say I get it. I was only out for about 45 minutes because of darkness but I would have stayed out twice that long if I could have. I'm looking forward to exploring every trail in north Texas and elsewhere while I can.

Hanglow Joe
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hanglow Joe » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Taking every other day off. I want to do more, but it works, and honestly I look and feel better, and stronger. Who would have thunk it?

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:18 pm

So, it's been a couple weeks. Checking in and seeing if anyone's made progress?

My weaknesses were mobility and sleep.

I attempted to add dynamic warmups to my training week, but decided fuck it, scaled back my total training and am now doing 15 minutes of yoga or stretching after each workout (at least that's the plan).

Sleep was getting nowhere, so I started eating more during the day and throughout the day and now sleep seems in order (got a full nights sleep every night since I made the eating changes)
"If you live through defeat, you are not defeated. If you are beaten but acquire wisdom, you have won." - RZA

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:02 am

I'm still getting 2-4 hrs of sleep every day or two. Stupid schedule is stupid.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:14 am

Is WGM still almost poisoning himself with spinach?

ledfistaco
Gunny

Post by ledfistaco » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Here is my simple one. Getting off the train a few stops early and getting 1.3mile walk in every morning.
Bracing and envigorating NYC wind in January.

ledfistaco
Gunny

Post by ledfistaco » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:03 am

Beneficial thing I am not doing - being surrounded by trees.
"The Japanese practice of ‘forest bathing’ is scientifically proven to improve your health"
https://qz.com/804022/health-benefits-j ... t-bathing/
"Experiments on forest bathing conducted by the Center for Environment, Health and Field Sciences in Japan’s Chiba University measured its physiological effects on 280 subjects in their early 20s. The team measured the subjects’ salivary cortisol (which increases with stress), blood pressure, pulse rate, and heart rate variability during a day in the city and compared those to the same biometrics taken during a day with a 30-minute forest visit. “Forest environments promote lower concentrations of cortisol, lower pulse rate, lower blood pressure, greater parasympathetic nerve activity, and lower sympathetic nerve activity than do city environments,” the study concluded."