Sergeant Commanding

Re: Anyone feeling unmotivated?

Post by Protobuilder » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:10 am

bennyonesix wrote:
TerryB wrote:
Beer Jew wrote:
TerryB wrote:
bennyonesix wrote:I can't even...

The one thing I cannot do is be mature about training.
the second thing you cannot do is be interesting.
He said "the one thing" not "the first thing".

:dunce
Thanks, professor.

:nobody :point :factoid
You know I ignore you.
:flex
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:39 am

Fuck training

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:53 am

Protobuilder wrote:
bennyonesix wrote:
TerryB wrote:
Beer Jew wrote:
TerryB wrote:
bennyonesix wrote:I can't even...

The one thing I cannot do is be mature about training.
the second thing you cannot do is be interesting.
He said "the one thing" not "the first thing".

:dunce
Thanks, professor.

:nobody :point :factoid
You know I ignore you.
:flex
Disgusting

Boris

Post by Boris » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:39 am

HEY ASSHOLES, how about you take your bullshit back to the Free Speech Forum?

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:17 am

Sorry mom

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:45 am

Boris wrote:HEY ASSHOLES, how about you take your bullshit back to the Free Speech Forum?
[-X [-X [-X
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:31 am

"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Boris

Post by Boris » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Back to being on topic... Some kind of flu bug has knocked me out the past couple of days. Today, I will do light stretching and maybe band work just to try to get back into some kind of groove.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks for the update bud

Boris

Post by Boris » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:16 pm

You're welcome Herv. Thank you for trolling.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:26 am

Boris wrote:Back to being on topic... Some kind of flu bug has knocked me out the past couple of days. Today, I will do light stretching and maybe band work just to try to get back into some kind of groove.
I had stomach flu last week. Good luck. Took a few days but it all came back.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:55 am

Motivation is seriously overrated.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:08 pm

I am on a diet and am hungry, tired and unmotivated often. Still getting on the stationary bike almost every morning. First ten minutes are uncomfortable, then I get into the groove and things start flowing.

It is quite interesting to observe the interplay of various things in the body. For example, I feel virtually no hunger after cardio for quite a few hours. If I skip it I am hungry much sooner. Also, cardio is very effective to reduce hunger the next day after lifting session.

Actually testing the willpower is sort of fun, even if in a weird way. Couple of nurses at the hospital where I was working yesterday are American, and they brought food to accompany the Super Bowl. All the nice things: chicken wings, boneless ribs, nachos, guacamole, ice cream, sweets and so on. Very tempting, and it takes an effort to turn away from it. But the feeling of control is worth the sacrifice.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:33 am

Sangoma wrote:I am on a diet and am hungry, tired and unmotivated often. Still getting on the stationary bike almost every morning. First ten minutes are uncomfortable, then I get into the groove and things start flowing.

It is quite interesting to observe the interplay of various things in the body. For example, I feel virtually no hunger after cardio for quite a few hours. If I skip it I am hungry much sooner. Also, cardio is very effective to reduce hunger the next day after lifting session.

Actually testing the willpower is sort of fun, even if in a weird way. Couple of nurses at the hospital where I was working yesterday are American, and they brought food to accompany the Super Bowl. All the nice things: chicken wings, boneless ribs, nachos, guacamole, ice cream, sweets and so on. Very tempting, and it takes an effort to turn away from it. But the feeling of control is worth the sacrifice.
I regularly send food to the ER, specifically pie, when my husband works. I'm their favorite doctors wife.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:55 am

My wife runs a cake business, and I regularly bring cakes to work. Cheap points, very effective.

Boris

Post by Boris » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:24 pm

syaigh wrote:
Boris wrote:Back to being on topic... Some kind of flu bug has knocked me out the past couple of days. Today, I will do light stretching and maybe band work just to try to get back into some kind of groove.
I had stomach flu last week. Good luck. Took a few days but it all came back.
Still coming back. Dehydration really messed with me.

I did the "The Warm-Up is All You Do Workout" last night. Which meant for me warming up with some sets of military press, then doing ONE set of 4 w. 135 and thinking "Damn that feels heavy...", racking it, and calling it a day.

When I was younger, I would have probably done at least 3-5 sets of that before seeing if there was something else that would go better. Now I know I'll be lifting again the next day anyway and it's not a big deal.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:23 pm

Knowing when to push and knowing when to stop is a serious skill. As I get older I believe that stopping is more often the right thing to do. There is always another day - until there isn't, but then lifting is not an issue anyway :rolleyes:

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Anyone feeling unmotivated?.

Post by powerlifter54 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Spent a week up in NJ with my brother who is seriously ill. My hip is taking every bit of the 8 months the doc said the rehab would take, and am having opposite leg related problems and plus a pec twinge. So my training is not going in any way that I like. So motivation is low and frustration is very high. Thoughts are there of why even train until everything feels good?

And my brain and heart are sympathetic. It is even logical in a strange way. But I just keep doing what I have honed over the years, just show up and do what you can. I know when to shut it down and how to coax a decent day out of mediocre start or how to just walk away or how far I take a super hero day. The truth is even at the top of my game there were always issues. So do the work. Consistency and Perseverence matter most.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Degenerate high rep BBing PHA changed my life.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Sangoma wrote:I am on a diet and am hungry, tired and unmotivated often. Still getting on the stationary bike almost every morning. First ten minutes are uncomfortable, then I get into the groove and things start flowing.

Seriously, is there something wrong with you?

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:10 am

not a good path my friend.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:36 am

powerlifter54 wrote:Spent a week up in NJ with my brother who is seriously ill.
Best wishes.

powerlifter54 wrote:am having opposite leg related problems
Caused by compensating for the bad one?
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:16 am

JimZipCode wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:Spent a week up in NJ with my brother who is seriously ill.
Best wishes.

powerlifter54 wrote:am having opposite leg related problems
Caused by compensating for the bad one?
I am pretty sure that is the issue. Bad leg seems to do better in barefoot and using the stomp method. Left leg was shutdown 6-7 months before surgery so rehab, strain from retraction in surgery, and just a new hip is a challenge. Was going to take a post surgery picture of leg but it was so bad I couldn't do it.