Are you fucking kidding me?

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6632
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Sangoma » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Yesterday was my "big" day calorie wise. I don't eat much during the day and by the evening I was considerably behind the prescribed intake - which opened the opportunity for a bit of indulgence. Going through the cupboard I found the unopened box of some berry and nut muesli. I understand this is considered the best breakfast (the most important meal of the day as it is. Checking the label blew me away: for the serving size of 45 g (1.5 oz) you get whopping 220 kcal! "Healthy" food, are you fucking kidding me? Add a glass of milk, and your breakfast is about 350 kcal. Having eaten almost nothing.

Compare it with two eggs (140 kcal) and a toast (70 kcal). More filling and not sweet, meaning it does not stimulate the pathways of addiction. Add a slice of bacon - 110 kcal - and for the same amount of energy you get reasonable amount of real food that keeps you filled for a few hours.

SO fuck those nutritionists who recommend breakfast cereals as healthy choices.
Image

User avatar
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6631
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: The Rockies

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by buckethead » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:41 am

Welcome from the 80's

User avatar
newguy
Top
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by newguy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:06 am

How many grams sugar was in that serving?

Boris
Top
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Boris » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Sangoma wrote:whopping 220 kcal!
I wouldn't call 220 calories 'whopping'.

I'm a big fan of a varied diet and portion control (of good food). If I had serious issues, I would try to be stricter and more disciplined.

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21108
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:40 pm

meat and nuts...the breakfast of Chuckie Poliquin, go for yak meat.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8424
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 pm

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Shapecharge » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Yak ribeye in the BGE? Bobby you fucker, send me some along with some reindeer flank steak.

User avatar
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Bobby » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Shapecharge wrote:Yak ribeye in the BGE? Bobby you fucker, send me some along with some reindeer flank steak.
Sorry,haven`t seen any Yaks trotting around my hood.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8424
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 pm

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Shapecharge » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Bobby, you're a goddamn dirty dog dick lickin' liar...I've seen the pics you've posted of your 'hood. There's no doubt you've got snow leopards, yeti's, wooly mammoths, and all kinds of other cro-magnon era shit over there. Don't be holding out. I want to get all my efa's and shit and get my swole on like all the other World's Strongest Dudes but only weight 185.

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21108
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:43 pm

There's a fucking yak ranch somewhere between Waco and Dallas, I think, Shape

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8424
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 pm

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Shapecharge » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:55 pm

I was just fucking around...but really, you can eat yak, and there's a place that raises them? That's fucking with my head a little bit. Well I hope it takes off better than that ostrich bullshit from 15-20 years ago. That was just some dry, flavorless shit...much like Proto's mom. tee hee

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6632
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Sangoma » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Boris wrote: I'm a big.
Good for you, Boris.
Image

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Turdacious » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:37 am

What the fuck is muesli? Are you crazy?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6632
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Sangoma » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:59 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muesli
Muesli (/ˈmjuːzli/ or /ˈmuːzli/; Swiss German: Müesli [ˈmyəsli], non-Swiss Standard German: Müsli [ˈmyːsliː]) is a breakfast and brunch[1] dish based on raw rolled oats and other ingredients including grains, fresh or dried fruits, seeds and nuts, and may be mixed with cow's milk, soy milk, almond milk, other forms of plant milk, yogurt or fruit juice. Developed around 1900 by Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Benner for patients in his hospital,[2] muesli is available in a packaged dry form, ready made, or freshly made.
Image

User avatar
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Bobby » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Shapecharge wrote:I was just fucking around...but really, you can eat yak, and there's a place that raises them? That's fucking with my head a little bit. Well I hope it takes off better than that ostrich bullshit from 15-20 years ago. That was just some dry, flavorless shit...much like Proto's mom. tee hee
I tgank my lucky star that I didn`t read this with a mouthful of coffee,or I would have to do some serious cleaning......
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Boris
Top
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Boris » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:20 am

Are you trying to lose weight?

dkay
Sarge
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:44 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by dkay » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:15 am

Muesli is a weight loss food for me because due to certain grain intolerances and severe lactose intolerance a single serving will cause my system to shit out everything that is not tied down, including major organs. A shame because I like the stuff.

Re: weight loss and diet. I find that I do better by exchanging starchy carbs and grains for simple sugary stuff, eg. a small dessert of jello, sorbet (no milk), or fruit instead of a side of rice or bread. The leanest I ever got was on a relatively low carb, low cal diet consisting of meat, salads (mostly greens)without dressing, and small amounts of sugary crap like jello and sorbet. Never tried straight candy because I don't like it.

Syaigh mentioned once that you instinctively know when you are in a calorie deficit because your body feels a certain way - I agree with that completely. Its just a matter of how long you can ride that wave, and turn that misery into a positive feeling that inspires you to continue. The most miserable time on a diet are those weeks where weight is dropping but visible fat loss isn't happening - then there is a point where visible changes suddenly happen and evolve very quickly, and this is when motivation is easier to find.

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6632
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Sangoma » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:12 am

dkay wrote: Syaigh mentioned once that you instinctively know when you are in a calorie deficit because your body feels a certain way - I agree with that completely. Its just a matter of how long you can ride that wave, and turn that misery into a positive feeling that inspires you to continue. The most miserable time on a diet are those weeks where weight is dropping but visible fat loss isn't happening - then there is a point where visible changes suddenly happen and evolve very quickly, and this is when motivation is easier to find.
That's why I like the idea of toggling, which was a big topic on Datbetrue. Which is alternating intake and nutrients on different days. During priming or leaning out training days also become days off in terms of dieting.
Image

Boris
Top
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Boris » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Dr. Squat was a big proponent of the zig-zag diet for like since forever ago.

Boris
Top
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Boris » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:51 pm

(Why) are you trying to lose weight?

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by bennyonesix » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Uhhh yeah the food industry wants you to eat food that makes you fat.

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6632
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Sangoma » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:14 pm

Boris wrote:(Why) are you trying to lose weight?
I am losing fat. Priming before clean bulking. That's the plan anyway.
Image

dkay
Sarge
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:44 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by dkay » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:09 am

And now I know you be trolling - how old are you? I like you but really, mang?

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2685
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:35 pm

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by DikTracy6000 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:43 am

Sangoma wrote:Yesterday was my "big" day calorie wise. I don't eat much during the day and by the evening I was considerably behind the prescribed intake - which opened the opportunity for a bit of indulgence. Going through the cupboard I found the unopened box of some berry and nut muesli. I understand this is considered the best breakfast (the most important meal of the day as it is. Checking the label blew me away: for the serving size of 45 g (1.5 oz) you get whopping 220 kcal! "Healthy" food, are you fucking kidding me? Add a glass of milk, and your breakfast is about 350 kcal. Having eaten almost nothing.

Compare it with two eggs (140 kcal) and a toast (70 kcal). More filling and not sweet, meaning it does not stimulate the pathways of addiction. Add a slice of bacon - 110 kcal - and for the same amount of energy you get reasonable amount of real food that keeps you filled for a few hours.

SO fuck those nutritionists who recommend breakfast cereals as healthy choices.
Add a slice of bacon? Are you kidding? My 4 year old grandson eats more than that. Also loved the, "opened the opportunity for a bit of indulgence." Go read the food thread going on, you'll probably gain just reading that.

Boris
Top
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Boris » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:46 am

I ate a box of Girl Scout peanut butter patties for dessert tonight. 920 calories. I'm cutting.

User avatar
Kirk
Gunny
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Post by Kirk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Boris wrote:I ate a box of Girl Scout peanut butter patties for dessert tonight. 920 calories. I'm cutting.
I used to eat a whole box of hostess chocolate covered mini donuts (the ones with the waxy chocolate coating, love those things for some reason, may they rest in peace) every saturday while losing weight for PLing meets. I think that was in the 1200-1300 calorie range. I was losing fat very consistently while maintaining squat/DL strength and only losing a little from bench.

Post Reply