Podcast research

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6470
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Podcast research

Post by Sangoma » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:53 am

Most important things in life are simple, and weight regulation is not an exception. Lots of those who want to lose weight fret about things that are at the bottom of the list in terms of its relevance: nutrient timing, frequency of eating, protein and its quality, eating/not eating breakfast or before going to bed etc., etc. Whereas simply eating less will achieve three quarters of the process.

My beef with various theories that go against tge simple CICO is that they imply some shortcuts and distract people from solutions. Authors of these theories also distort science, prime example being blaming insulin for all health problems.

Instead of "eating foods that burn energy", "eliminating toxins", drinking ice cold water to increase metabolism and taking various "fat burning" supplements peddled by the army of quacks overweight people should simply reduce intake. Nobody has "slow metabolism", withe rare exceptions of sick people.

The strangest thing is the blind faith of the devotees. Just check Youtube comments under Hall's presentation I posted earlier, it's just bizarre what shit some of the commenters come up with.
Image

User avatar
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6631
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: The Rockies

Re: Podcast research

Post by buckethead » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:19 am

Blaidd,

You coupled CICO with protein and lowered carbs, which takes it out of a simple CICO solution, to me.

Sangoma,

You seem to have the extremes listed: simple CICO and obsessive dietary habits. Thus, I'm not sure we're even talking the same subject.


Simple CICO, means count your calories, don't worry about the composition, and eat some amount of deficit every day. I have not seen that work reliably, though I'm not a personal trainer. Because there's no focus on the composition.

I would rather focus on "find meals that naturally make you eat less each day". This should end up with the same outcome (CICO) but it also trains a sustainable way of life (which is the root meaning of diet). I would much rather tell a friend to eat as much butter, clean animal meat, veggies and whole fruit they can stuff in their hole for a month and see what happens

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19077
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Podcast research

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:55 am

CICO rules,

Ignore the protein and carbs if you feel that's too complicated. I could just as easily added CICO plus HIIT or LISS.

The bottom line is the theory produces results 100% of the time. While you might wish for a more effective strategy for soaring your feelings or making life easy that sheds no light nor does it cast a shadow on the ultimate biological facts.

CICO gets results every time.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6470
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Podcast research

Post by Sangoma » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:10 am

Honestly, I have tried pretty much every dietary approach - all forms of intermittent fasting, Atkins, vegetarian. Low carb without watching caloriez always had me stay at the same weight and composition. On ketogenic I gained couple of kilos, and my girevoy sport took a serious nosedive - I was on it for about 4 months, which should be enough to become adapted.

At the end of the day the tri k is to find ways to control appetite. For me it means skipping breakfast, eating less frequently and eating balanced diet. Also, cardio has appetite suppressingbeffect for me. In terms of eating the amount of food I eat seems to be tge central factor. In other words, eating 100 g of rice and 100 of chicken thigh has more or less similar satiating effect to eating 200 g of cheese. Adding butter or cream to my coffee doesn't do anything appetite wise. Adding butter to food - no effect.

Which by no means is the evidence of the superiority of my diet. If someone feels full after swallowing 30 g of butter - good for him and he should stick to it. As I said, calorie is at the very top of the list in weight change. Yes, CICO rules. I am yet to meet someone who ever lost weight without experiencing some degree of hunger some of the time. There are no shortcuts. Unfortunately.
Image

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21051
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Podcast research

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:13 am

Jason Fung, a nephrologist in Canada, and author of a few books has come to the conclusion it's easier to tell old people not to eat for x amount of time, than trying low carb

My buddy Will Heffernan, an AIS trained S&c coach has said this for at least ten years...the best diet is not eating for a few days a week. But you have to tell them not to dring alcohol

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by bennyonesix » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:55 am

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Jason Fung, a nephrologist in Canada, and author of a few books has come to the conclusion it's easier to tell old people not to eat for x amount of time, than trying low carb

My buddy Will Heffernan, an AIS trained S&c coach has said this for at least ten years...the best diet is not eating for a few days a week. But you have to tell them not to dring alcohol
This is what works for me. It doesn't effect my mediocre strength or muscle mass at all.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by bennyonesix » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:59 am

Blaidd Drwg wrote:CICO rules,

Ignore the protein and carbs if you feel that's too complicated. I could just as easily added CICO plus HIIT or LISS.

The bottom line is the theory produces results 100% of the time. While you might wish for a more effective strategy for soaring your feelings or making life easy that sheds no light nor does it cast a shadow on the ultimate biological facts.

CICO gets results every time.
Shaf is right. We are all talking about diff things. Some have assented to the CICO and moved beyond to longterm individual maintenance which means how does one best accomplish CICO over the long term. And some keep repeating CICO.

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21051
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Podcast research

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 pm

It's one way to skin a cat. Personally, it's easier for me to eat in limited windows during the day, or every take an entire day off eating. That's what fits me. Some folks are perfectly happy planning each and every meal in a day to meet their caloric and macronutrient goals.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19077
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Podcast research

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:37 pm

There's of course the much simpler one of my own making.

DESMYFF.

Don't eat so much to fucking fatass. It too works every time it's implemented. Strategies which support this are widely varied but like most things we get enamored of the strategy and get caught up in poor science about the goal.

Hunger is normal. If you're not experiencing it in the regular you're involved in an elaborate and fragile scheme that will fail. If you acknowledge and embrace that "hunger is what fat loss feels like", you'll do just fine over the long haul.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

dkay
Sarge
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:44 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by dkay » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Completely agree with BD. If you want to lose fat you are going to be hungry. You can manipulate your diet in any manner you want, but if you aren't hungry on an ongoing basis you aren't losing fat. Because hunger is subjective, you may be able to find an eating pattern that minimizes the feeling of hunger, but you are still going to be hungry basically all the time during a fatloss phase.

I've seen claims (from guys like Dave Tate, Wendler and I think Paul Carter) that most men could walk around at 10% if they just made small changes in their diet. These are generally sites where the advice is "cleaning up your diet and watching your portions will get you to 10% and then you are really going to have to get really strict to get sub 10". The reason most men aren't walking around at 10% is precisely because losing fat sucks. Its not easy if you are at 12%, 15%, or 30%. Hunger is hunger no matter how lean you are, and maintenance doesn't necessarily get any easier.

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6470
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Podcast research

Post by Sangoma » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:48 pm

I sometimes wonder why there is an opinion that some secondary quantification system is better than the direct one. Lifting weights we measure progress in lbs or kg, sets, rest interval etc., all expressed in numbers. Even RPE is quantification, albeit not very precise. Compare this with the following instruction: lift some weights between 3 pm and 7 pm, avoid dumbbells and don't go to failure. Sure, the latter will work, at least for a while, but is not optimal if you want to achieve precise goals. In that case instructions such as lift in the range of 70-80% RM, 3-5 reps, three sets per workout will work much better.

So yes, avoiding processed foods will lead to automatic reduction in intake, but it is too vague to be sure about the outcome. Whereas simply weighing food you eat will give much better idea of what you consume. Everyone thinks counting calories and macros is a serious headache, but it's not. A digital scale costs $10, MyFitnessPal or Yazio is free and plastic containers cost peanuts. All it takes is 15 minutes in the evening to weigh the food, pack it for he next day and put it in the fridge. This way you also tend to limit your menu choices, which reduces the excitement of eating, which further helps not to overeat.

But of course, plastic of the containers has estrogen like substances in it, which cause obesity, so I will better not use them and eat some canteen sandwiches (packed with cheap margarine, cheese and a few other things I have no idea about). And counting calories is obsessive and indicates psychological problems, which I don't have - I am simply overweight because of slow metabolism. And too much protein is bad for the kidneys, and meat causes cancer, and dairy is bad for you. And so it goes, and some logical chains are so precise and thorough it makes me jealous.
Image

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by bennyonesix » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Jfc you spergs. People aren't robots. They are adrift in a culture that allows multibillion dollar corporations to spend billions on advertising designed to make them overeat high calorie low nutrient food. And that advertising is intended to make them correlate eating with fulfillment and reward. The culture also makes it harder to find healthy food and harder to purchase because of added expense.

And no matter what you fuckers say, once one starts eating sugar and flour it is hard as fuck to stop.

So just being beep boop beep calories in v calories out beep boop easy works every time. Beeeeeep.

IS NOT USEFUL.

Beep beep But there are no other real concerns boop beep fatties are fat beep and they make releated bad decisions beep beep brrrrrr twiiiiing count calories beeeeeeep advertising and culture and society are not quantifiable brrrrrrrrr BEEP twing twing beeeeeeep

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19077
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Podcast research

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:39 pm

bennyonesix wrote:Jfc you spergs. People aren't robots. They are adrift in a culture that allows multibillion dollar corporations to spend billions on advertising designed to make them overeat high calorie low nutrient food. And that advertising is intended to make them correlate eating with fulfillment and reward. The culture also makes it harder to find healthy food and harder to purchase because of added expense.

And no matter what you fuckers say, once one starts eating sugar and flour it is hard as fuck to stop.

So just being beep boop beep calories in v calories out beep boop easy works every time. Beeeeeep.

IS NOT USEFUL.

Beep beep But there are no other real concerns boop beep fatties are fat beep and they make releated bad decisions beep beep brrrrrr twiiiiing count calories beeeeeeep advertising and culture and society are not quantifiable brrrrrrrrr BEEP twing twing beeeeeeep
Guess how I can tell you are a fuckin robot?
And no matter what you fuckers say, once one starts eating sugar and flour it is hard as fuck to stop.
No one said it was easy. If it was easy, no one would get fat. it's hard. Duh. It's supposed to be hard. You're wired for scarcity in a land of plenty. Until you embrace this paramount principle, you're doomed to exactly the boat you're so clearly in now: fat, listless and adrift on a sea of desire you have given total control over to.

Any scheme that doesn't embrace the basic facts, IS NOT USEFUL. Once you deal with thec math, you can tweak all the macros and cardioz and fasting windows you like. But you sound exactly like the sort of poor schlub who wants to avoid the obvious because it makes him le sad....

and healthy food is cheap as fuck, you just don;t want to eat it....cause you're a fatty.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by bennyonesix » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Not fat at all. I could drop 10 to 15 no prob. But I don't drink calories (pace beer). I don't eat flour or white sugar. And I fast at least one day a week and up to 3 to drop. I used to eat the same things every day but two out of the month. That doesn't work because of family now, so I fast. But I am not normal.

The bottom line when discussing weightloss for normal individuals and society is just as you admitted: one has to reject large swathes of culture as inimical. It isn't laziness. It isn't gluttony. It isn't stupidity. And it is hard. Most people have to rewire their entire approach to life because they have been made into mindless consumers (in both senses). And it is not because they are weak. Look at that link to Brazil in the 70's. That was a generation ago. And the one thing that has changed is the food industry. Sadly, most humans have a hard time maintaining distrust of people who allege they are acting in ones best interest.

Bottom line, which even your hardnosed hardscrabble mentally tough self admits, is that societal issues promoting obesity are so powerful as to render talk of CICO useless for the vast majority. And because of that, there needs to be more to the approach than here's a scale and food dictionary.

Break someone free from society and then sure, here's a scale fucker get to work. But until then, it is not useful.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by bennyonesix » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:43 pm

And healthy food is cheap? You eat 250gr of real food protein a day and fresh vegetables and tell me it is cheaper than fast food or pizza...

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19077
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Podcast research

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:54 pm

bennyonesix wrote:Break someone free from society and then sure, here's a scale fucker get to work. But until then, it is not useful.

That's simply dead fuckin wrong. Wronger than wrong. The truth is the Only Useful Tool...yes it's hard. but it's not as hard as you think.

I have no idea where you get your numbers, rice beans, veg, frozen chicken, tuna, even protein powder is dead fucking cheap. What's not cheap is the forethought to prepare it....but then I operate from the assumption that you need to first fix what's broken. You seem to be asserting there's some magix to be had to avoid the inevitable reality....

But flip it around, assume you're gonna eat fast food like a scoundrel on whatever trash is available...fine. CICO still works. When I was a messenger I ate the worst of all possible diets and stayed lean by chugging back upward of 6000kcal a day easily. Same when I worked construction through PNW winters. My first year as an elite on both road and MTB I averaged, 25 to 35 hour training weeks, consuming anywhere from 5-10K calories a day in the preseason. CICO..if you just accept the underlying balancing rule, food choice matters less.

Again, what you want to try to describe is an easy, seamless somewhat foolproof set of constraints for the masses. That simply does not exist. Embracing reality is the ONLY useful option.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by bennyonesix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:09 am

Not even a little bit. Completely wrong. Re-wiring a psychology in the face of such powerful and sophisticated opposition is incredibly hard. I despair of it happening on a large scale. Individually it can be done, but it is harder than the actual diet. Dieting when free from the illusions and reactions created and reinforced by the culture is easy. In fact, difficulty in dieting is inversely proportional to trust of society.

But, if we banned advertising and taxed the fuck out of sugar and corn and white flour we could turn it around in another generation.

I honestly think most people alive today are screwed.

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6470
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Podcast research

Post by Sangoma » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 am

bennyonesix wrote: And no matter what you fuckers say, once one starts eating sugar and flour it is hard as fuck to stop.
Not that difficult. My breakfast today was two slices of rye sourdough bread (45 g), two eggs and 100 g of cottage cheese. Very filling and satisfying. On my training days I work in chocolate or ice cream, as long as I stay within the prescribed intake.

Self control is not that hard. For instance, majority of drug users are recreational, meaning that they know when to stop. Why should it be different for French fries or pizza?
So just being beep boop beep calories in v calories out beep boop easy works every time. Beeeeeep.

IS NOT USEFUL.

Beep beep But there are no other real concerns boop beep fatties are fat beep and they make releated bad decisions beep beep brrrrrr twiiiiing count calories beeeeeeep advertising and culture and society are not quantifiable brrrrrrrrr BEEP twing twing beeeeeeep
Obesity is the disease of addiction. Lots of cheap very tasty in calorically dense foods around. Still, at the end of the day you can eat junk food and lose weight and improve health markers - if you EAT FUCKING LESS. Like this guy: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/0 ... professor/

And what the fuck does quantifying culture and society has anything to do with weight loss?
Image

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6470
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Podcast research

Post by Sangoma » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:23 am

bennyonesix wrote:Not even a little bit. Completely wrong. Re-wiring a psychology in the face of such powerful and sophisticated opposition is incredibly hard. I despair of it happening on a large scale. Individually it can be done, but it is harder than the actual diet. Dieting when free from the illusions and reactions created and reinforced by the culture is easy. In fact, difficulty in dieting is inversely proportional to trust of society.

But, if we banned advertising and taxed the fuck out of sugar and corn and white flour we could turn it around in another generation.

I honestly think most people alive today are screwed.
I agree, advertising is ridiculous. To the point that a documentary about obesity is interrupted by the adverts for Hungry Jacks (Burger King in Australia). But then again, it's a free world, and with rights come responsibilities. Ideally we should live in a world with banned alcohol (eliminates alcoholism), tobacco (self explanatory), tasty foods (obesity), dieting (anorexics), porn (inappropriate thoughts), dangerous activities - motorcycles, soccer, football etc. - after all, taxpayers are carrying the burden of healthcare - and sex, because it facilitates the spread of AIDS.

Or maybe everyone should start behaving like an adult and take responsibility for their well being and not expect the government to look after them. Old boring moderation brings incredibly remarkable results.
Image

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20440
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Podcast research

Post by Turdacious » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:26 am

Sangoma wrote:
bennyonesix wrote: And no matter what you fuckers say, once one starts eating sugar and flour it is hard as fuck to stop.
Not that difficult. My breakfast today was two slices of rye sourdough bread (45 g), two eggs and 100 g of cottage cheese. Very filling and satisfying. On my training days I work in chocolate or ice cream, as long as I stay within the prescribed intake.

Self control is not that hard. For instance, majority of drug users are recreational, meaning that they know when to stop. Why should it be different for French fries or pizza?
So just being beep boop beep calories in v calories out beep boop easy works every time. Beeeeeep.

IS NOT USEFUL.

Beep beep But there are no other real concerns boop beep fatties are fat beep and they make releated bad decisions beep beep brrrrrr twiiiiing count calories beeeeeeep advertising and culture and society are not quantifiable brrrrrrrrr BEEP twing twing beeeeeeep
Obesity is the disease of addiction. Lots of cheap very tasty in calorically dense foods around. Still, at the end of the day you can eat junk food and lose weight and improve health markers - if you EAT FUCKING LESS. Like this guy: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/0 ... professor/

And what the fuck does quantifying culture and society has anything to do with weight loss?
Because what works for individuals and what works for populations isn't necessarily the same thing. Fer instance, if you tell benny that vegetables are high in thetans, he'd become the healthiest guy here. That doesn't mean that most people are that stupid.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6470
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Podcast research

Post by Sangoma » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:54 am

This is the paradox of the times: everyone knows how to fix the tax system, the economy, foreign policy and why Trump is bad, yet very few take the time to think and act on things that will change their lives and the lives of people around them. I know scores of bad professionals who will talk endlessly about Trump and Putin but will do nothing to become better at what they do. Going for a walk instead of watching TV news and the Voice would improve health of many, many people.
Image

User avatar
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6631
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: The Rockies

Re: Podcast research

Post by buckethead » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:14 am

Everyone that wants to make this so simplistic, please eat a deficit diet consisting of only
Breakfast: waffles or cereal with skim milk, apple juice
Lunch: white bread sandwich with bologna, chips and a coke
Dinner: pasta, cookies and a coke

Enjoy your hunger

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by bennyonesix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:25 am

Sangoma wrote:
bennyonesix wrote: And no matter what you fuckers say, once one starts eating sugar and flour it is hard as fuck to stop.
Not that difficult. My breakfast today was two slices of rye sourdough bread (45 g), two eggs and 100 g of cottage cheese. Very filling and satisfying. On my training days I work in chocolate or ice cream, as long as I stay within the prescribed intake.

Self control is not that hard. For instance, majority of drug users are recreational, meaning that they know when to stop. Why should it be different for French fries or pizza?
So just being beep boop beep calories in v calories out beep boop easy works every time. Beeeeeep.

IS NOT USEFUL.

Beep beep But there are no other real concerns boop beep fatties are fat beep and they make releated bad decisions beep beep brrrrrr twiiiiing count calories beeeeeeep advertising and culture and society are not quantifiable brrrrrrrrr BEEP twing twing beeeeeeep
Obesity is the disease of addiction. Lots of cheap very tasty in calorically dense foods around. Still, at the end of the day you can eat junk food and lose weight and improve health markers - if you EAT FUCKING LESS. Like this guy: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/0 ... professor/

And what the fuck does quantifying culture and society has anything to do with weight loss?
Either you or I are much less intelligent than we think.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by bennyonesix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:28 am

Sangoma wrote:
bennyonesix wrote:Not even a little bit. Completely wrong. Re-wiring a psychology in the face of such powerful and sophisticated opposition is incredibly hard. I despair of it happening on a large scale. Individually it can be done, but it is harder than the actual diet. Dieting when free from the illusions and reactions created and reinforced by the culture is easy. In fact, difficulty in dieting is inversely proportional to trust of society.

But, if we banned advertising and taxed the fuck out of sugar and corn and white flour we could turn it around in another generation.

I honestly think most people alive today are screwed.
I agree, advertising is ridiculous. To the point that a documentary about obesity is interrupted by the adverts for Hungry Jacks (Burger King in Australia). But then again, it's a free world, and with rights come responsibilities. Ideally we should live in a world with banned alcohol (eliminates alcoholism), tobacco (self explanatory), tasty foods (obesity), dieting (anorexics), porn (inappropriate thoughts), dangerous activities - motorcycles, soccer, football etc. - after all, taxpayers are carrying the burden of healthcare - and sex, because it facilitates the spread of AIDS.

Or maybe everyone should start behaving like an adult and take responsibility for their well being and not expect the government to look after them. Old boring moderation brings incredibly remarkable results.
The War of All Against All.

With Corporations joining in.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Podcast research

Post by bennyonesix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:29 am

Turdacious wrote:
Sangoma wrote:
bennyonesix wrote: And no matter what you fuckers say, once one starts eating sugar and flour it is hard as fuck to stop.
Not that difficult. My breakfast today was two slices of rye sourdough bread (45 g), two eggs and 100 g of cottage cheese. Very filling and satisfying. On my training days I work in chocolate or ice cream, as long as I stay within the prescribed intake.

Self control is not that hard. For instance, majority of drug users are recreational, meaning that they know when to stop. Why should it be different for French fries or pizza?
So just being beep boop beep calories in v calories out beep boop easy works every time. Beeeeeep.

IS NOT USEFUL.

Beep beep But there are no other real concerns boop beep fatties are fat beep and they make releated bad decisions beep beep brrrrrr twiiiiing count calories beeeeeeep advertising and culture and society are not quantifiable brrrrrrrrr BEEP twing twing beeeeeeep
Obesity is the disease of addiction. Lots of cheap very tasty in calorically dense foods around. Still, at the end of the day you can eat junk food and lose weight and improve health markers - if you EAT FUCKING LESS. Like this guy: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/0 ... professor/

And what the fuck does quantifying culture and society has anything to do with weight loss?
Because what works for individuals and what works for populations isn't necessarily the same thing. Fer instance, if you tell benny that vegetables are high in thetans, he'd become the healthiest guy here. That doesn't mean that most people are that stupid.
Thetans are the bad guys you dumb cunt.

Post Reply