Working legs without squats or machines

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Working legs without squats or machines

Post by TomFurman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Airborne Lunge as well. It's safe and diagnostic. You can scale it by limiting depth...putting something under the floating knee.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 pm

TomFurman wrote:Airborne Lunge as well. It's safe and diagnostic. You can scale it by limiting depth...putting something under the floating knee.
Airborne lunge is way harder for me to do than a pistol. Shrimp - fugettaboutit.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:
TomFurman wrote:Airborne Lunge as well. It's safe and diagnostic. You can scale it by limiting depth...putting something under the floating knee.
Airborne lunge is way harder for me to do than a pistol. Shrimp - fugettaboutit.
I agree, Al. The airborne lunge, done correctly, is pretty tough. Tougher than the pistol for me. I haven't attempted the shrimp yet. I'm sure I will progress to it when I switch back to AoW at some point.

Ryan
Sgt. Major

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:05 am

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:43 am

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Hip belt squats are really pretty effective with lowish weights. I do sets of 20 with 180-240 using a loading pin. It would be nice to go heavier but as a stop gap it works real well.
I used them using heavier weights, lower reps over a period of 2.5 years due to lack of available equipment. It took me a bit to figure out how to get things set up but when I did, I found them to be effective and when I visited a gym that had a proper place to squat, found transfer fairly decent.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.