Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:08 pm

In my current block I'm doing.

3 days a week: 2 workouts a day.
First session focused on the main move,
1a.Bench
2a. Bench Support
3a. Pull and SM play.
Second session,
1b. Upper body Hypertrophy and rehab of the torn quad.
2b. Back and Arms Hypertrophy
3b. Full body light Hypertrophy and quad rehab.

Every 3rd week I seem to be dropping to a singe session per day.

The other 4 days I'm trying for a half hour to an hour of cardio-zone1-2. Either Weighted vest and treadmill. Bike, or Weighted vest ruck outside.

The more important question not asked is why.....

I'm focusing on bench and dead. my biggest weakness and my strength while rehabbing a torn quad. Since I know I won;t be back squatting heavy weight until fall, I'm using this time of diminished expectations to lose some fat. I wave calories and carbs throughout the week. To that end, I'm trying to consolidate the training stressors to the days when I'm eating more carbs. This seems to be working well as overall I'm gaining strength and putting on a little mass while I've stripped 16 pounds of fat.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Re: How do you train?

Post by Dunn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Training for health, aesthetics, and performance in GS and BJJ....in that order. Currently I do the following:

Mon & Fri-
LC
AoW

Wed-
OALC
Run

Tue & Thur-
LC
Gada work

BJJ as I can fit it in.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Grip was toast from yesterday and I feel like crap.

Warmup

Jerks:
30 reps @ 2x32kg; untimed

Armor building

Stretching

Nap before work.

Really Big Strong Guy

Post by Really Big Strong Guy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Current Training is really a hodge podge where I periodize the event work and use strength work to maintain what strength I have left.

Been dealing with some shoulder issues for a bit, so my strength sessions concentrate on some warm up cardio, with shoulder rehab before moving into full body workouts. Overhead, squat and pull; concluded with arms because of my sport and the need to avoid tendonitis (it's working). The cardio is actually working on having me drop a few pounds. Lost 23 pounds over the past five months. Strength is not what it was. I can still occasionally get to move some heavy weights in the squat and pulls. But I do it totally instinctively now. I would prefer to lift another day than push it and strain something. Good days I will squat 425+ for sets of 5 and pull 600+ for 5. On not good days, I squat 135 for sets of 5 and pull 315 for sets of 5. Oddly enough, anytime I have pain in one of Si joints, heavy deadlifts fix it. Anytime I have lower body pain, high volume light weight squats it. But I will never pull over 620; or squat over 500. Never again. Not worth it. At this stage, I[m concentrating on where I'm weakest - the weight needed to go and I need to drop some more; so too is my general fitness level - onward and upward on that. I listen to my body and do what I can; but I do not miss sessions.

Daily yoga, tai chi, smr, and weekly deep tissue massages are the course now. As is ice as needed and heat where applicable.

Trying to get at least two strength sessions a week and two event sessions a week. The event sessions begin with GPP to warm up (basically cleaning up my mess to appease the wife), then get pretty hard and intense as the session moves forward. Oddly enough when I'm feeling pain anywhere from lifting, it does not hurt with my event training. If anything, the event work and continuing to compete actually aids me in recovering and keeps me moving toward the pain free existence. My event work is simply GPP; odd how that is; but I'm embracing it and moving forward.
The cool thing about training is that becoming more sexy is just a side effect........