It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:13 am

<

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 am 
Jesus Christ®

Mae geri ftw.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:45 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Hate to see Belfort go out like that but Machida is a a murderer when he has an edge. I hope Machida hangs it up too.

Remembering back to that old discussion about 90's MA and what would surprise people, "Oh yeah, front kicks to the face will be devastating" would not be what you'd expect to hear.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:55 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Karate bitches wat. And totally agreed. Until Mo Smith, no one really believed high kicks had a place in MMA.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:41 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

CAN I HAZ NEEDLE AGAIN

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:22 pm 
Lifetime IGer

The weird thing though is that front kicks to the face are not really a pre-MMA thing, even a pre ~2014 thing, even in the MT/TKD/Karate arenas. It was a novelty, people don't really train it and if you saw it it was weird.

With Belfort, that's pretty much Machida's signature stoppage after Franklin and Couture went down from it as well.

The Munoz round kick or Bader counter punch is about what I'd expect from a "karate guy scores knockout in MMA," but "karate guy knocks several people out with front kicks to the face" would sound almost like Phil Elmore shit in 1995.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:32 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Quote:
CAN I HAZ NEEDLE AGAIN

Yeah Kaz, I saw that and it tells the story of USADA as well as any two photographs can. Vitor has been on da bomba since he was 18 or so, and to suddenly have it yanked from him clearly did a number on his body. I honestly hope he can get back on a sensible regimen and live a happy life now that he's done fighting, but more likely he'll get back on the sauce and start picking up fights in Rizin, Berkut, or One where the testing a joke. I mean, Vitor's no Hendo, but he's a legend in his own right and I'd like to see him retain some of his old glory.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 am 
Sergeant Commanding

To be honest I thought Belfort was going to find the way to knock Machida out. That kick was unexpected, to put it mildly.

I liked Machida's conduct. First, he knew the kick connected and didn't jump on top of Belfort to finish him off. Second, no running crazy, beating the chest with fists and screaming senseless shit.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:37 am 
Sergeant Commanding

And what about Oleinik vs. Albini in the prelims? That Ezekiel choke he sneaked in was crazy.

[youtube] http://youtu.be/tLAxIEUJv2U [/youtube]

Please embed it for me, guys.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 am 
Jesus Christ®

Quote:
And what about Oleinik vs. Albini in the prelims? That Ezekiel choke he sneaked in was crazy.

[youtube] http://youtu.be/tLAxIEUJv2U [/youtube]

Please embed it for me, guys.

And yes, Machida is as cool a cat as you will find in the Octagon. Actually, considering Brazil's reputation for hotheads, both Machida and Demian Maia are rare examples of gentlemen fighters as you can find anywhere. Fedor too.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:50 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Machida's dad is Japanese, and Maia's mother is Russian. You could say a significant portion of their genome skews toward people with icy cold exteriors. Just sayin'. They are classy for sure, which is like a breath of fresh air in a sport that's been taken over by chavs, gypsies, and reform school dropouts.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:20 pm 
Jesus Christ®

The one that just kills me is that piker McGregor. Truly a dumpster fire of unwashed peasantry.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:30 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

I hope they get his Lucky Charms hoarding ass in the cage with Khabib so that he can get wrestle-fucked to death.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 pm 
Jesus Christ®

There's nothing I would like more in MMA than to see Conor get grapplefucked pregnant again.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Little article on when to use the front kick (in relation to this fight and other fights):

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/g ... -snap-kick

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:27 pm 
Jesus Christ®

TRTor posting this on Iggy two days after retirement lol. Say hello to the future One light heavy champion.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:03 pm 
Gunny

Quote:
I hope they get his Lucky Charms hoarding ass in the cage with Khabib so that he can get wrestle-fucked to death.
This, I would pay to watch the eagle kill him. Probably won't happen though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 pm 
Jesus Christ®

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bki7ovWFiAh ... t9sgcuh9v4

TRTor looking gassed as fuck again now that he off that USADA boosheet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:10 pm 
Jesus Christ®

And then there's Paul Harris. Let's play a game, see if you can spot the guy on dat bomba.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm 
Jesus Christ®

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:15 am 
Sergeant Commanding

According to Joe Rogan UFC is very strict on juice. Makes sense, as these guys are killing machines to start with, and packing on dense powerful muscle is likely to make someone literally die in the cage. I wonder if this is true and if there is a game of cat and mouse (with a syringe) going on in that sport, like everywhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 am 
Sergeant Commanding

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Bugs on this site causing me to f up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:49 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Quote:
According to Joe Rogan UFC is very strict on juice. Makes sense, as these guys are killing machines to start with, and packing on dense powerful muscle is likely to make someone literally die in the cage. I wonder if this is true and if there is a game of cat and mouse (with a syringe) going on in that sport, like everywhere else.
I think that the UFC is genuinely strict with doping, in part for the reasons you name. But there are plenty of organizations, especially the ones based in Asia like Rizin and One FC, that don't give a fuck.