Jesus Christ®

RIP Dr. Terry Todd

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:47 am

Died July 7th...here's the complete obituary (it's an interesting read):

http://www.starkcenter.org/wp-content/u ... d-obit.pdf

Terry Todd, Ph.D.
January 1, 1938—July 7, 2018
Terence (Terry) Todd

Writer, academic, journalist, champion lifter, coach, sport promoter, founder of the H.J. Lutcher Stark Center for Physical Culture and Sports at the University of Texas at Austin, and Director of the Arnold Strongman Classic, died in Austin, Texas, on Saturday, July 7, 2018. He is survived by his wife Jan Todd; his sister Connie Todd; his nephew Timothy Todd Ray and wife, Sheri Graner-Ray; and his "adopted" son Mark Henry, wife Jana Perry Henry, and their children Jacob and Joanna.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: RIP Dr. Terry Todd

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:47 am

"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:48 am

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:49 am

I tweeted this, but Terry was so important to me I wanted to share with you guys. He was more than a fantastic partner for the Arnold Strongman Series - he was a dear friend.

I remember the first time I saw Terry Todd in Gold’s Gym after I moved here, lifting weights I couldn’t believe. He was such a monster - a true force, but also a kind heart and a great storyteller.‬

‪He used his powers to be a fantastic leader for the fitness crusade. He was the ambassador of strength, the historian of health, the advocate for iron. My thoughts are with his family, and my workout tomorrow is for him. I hope you’ll join me in dedicating your lifts to Terry.‬

Gov. A. Schwartzenegger

Ericc
Sgt. Major

Post by Ericc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:53 pm

I loved Inside Powerlifting. Great writing and entertaining profiles to go along with the information.

jimmystyle
PFC

Post by jimmystyle » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:10 pm

memorial service at UT this Saturday for those of you in or around Austin. Check the stark center site for details.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:37 pm

Lurker!

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:11 pm

He was one of my first Powerlifting mentors. Before the internet getting info outside of PLUSA was hard. Workout of the month was essentially anecdotal data.
RIP.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex