Simple kettlebell programs

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

stosh
Sgt. Major

Simple kettlebell programs

Post by stosh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:04 am

This is a lazy and dumbass question but...I'm trying to plan out the next 6-9 months of training and I'd like to do at least several months of kettlebell-only work. I've read several books on such things and they all seem to be swing-only things or programs that include halo chops and 5 row varieties. I am looking for something simple but not boring. . 3-5 movements. Like squat, snatch, press, row. Some strength, some conditioning. I know it's lame, but I need something as close to plug-in as can be. Any advices or experience are appreciated.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Simple kettlebell programs

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:29 am

UPK brah...

But I would suggest you look at the AKC fitness manual.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

SubClaw

Re: Simple kettlebell programs

Post by SubClaw » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:10 am

stosh wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:04 am
This is a lazy and dumbass question but...I'm trying to plan out the next 6-9 months of training and I'd like to do at least several months of kettlebell-only work. I've read several books on such things and they all seem to be swing-only things or programs that include halo chops and 5 row varieties. I am looking for something simple but not boring. . 3-5 movements. Like squat, snatch, press, row. Some strength, some conditioning. I know it's lame, but I need something as close to plug-in as can be. Any advices or experience are appreciated.
Session One:

- Double KB Front Squat

- Double KB Bent Over Row

- Ring Dips

Finisher: Double KB Clean E.M.O.M.

Session Two:

- Double KB Romanian Deadlift

- Double KB Overhead Press

- Ring Pull Ups

Finisher: Double KB Rack Carry E.M.O.M.

Sets, reps and rest it’s up to you: straight sets, ladders, E.M.O.M., it’s all good.