Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Re: 2019 Goals

Post by Bram » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Bram wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 am
No video games and no drunk driving (no accidents, but I drove drunk last Saturday and felt like a huge asshole the next day).
Went 3.5 months without video games in a streak, but also wasted quite a bit of time playing as well.

I've come to terms with the fact that video games alone don't seem to be the issue, but online video games are 100% of the problem. I get very compulsive with the infrequent rewards and points for winning/losing and badges for rank....and all the other triggers focused on making you an addict. Trying to avoid them, Facebook, and instagram (my other main social media blackholes of time).

Drove buzzed a few times like an idiot.

Looking forwards to the goal page for 2020 :)
"When you seek it, you cannot find it.” — Zen riddle

Boris

Post by Boris » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Not a bad year. If I haven't gotten it done, I won't in the next week.

Squat bodyweight on the bar x age - check (4/7/19, 185lbs x 55)
KB Snatch 16kg x 1 hour - check (7/24/19, 600 reps switch hands on the minute))
Train "more often than not" - check (about 325/365)

Stretch "more often than not" - nope. Except for the times I stretch w. the team, and just stretches I do to feel good and during warm-up, maybe 1x/month
Kettlebell Snatch 24kg x 30 minutes - nope. The total number of times I've KB snatched in 2019 is exactly 13 (not counting what I might do 12/26-12/31)
Consistently weigh < 185lb - nope. I consistently weigh less than 190 now and that's a victory, but I'll give this another go in 2020.
One-Arm Deadlift 200lb on 2" v-bar - nope. Probably did this exercise a total of 6x or less.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:36 pm

powerlifter54 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:27 pm
Continue to rage against the dying of the light. I have numbers to hit by 60. I am not going to hit them yet but I am going to continue to get closer.

I am stronger and leaner than this time last year. Just not as lean as before the holidays.
Last year on New Year’s Day I fell down some steps carrying a bag and really tweaked my shoulder. That took most of her to heal but by end of 2019 I was back on track upper body. Using occlusion for arm work was a nice add in.

My focus on conditioning paid an unplanned dividend by making it know in the spring/summer something was not right health wise. Long story but thought there was a heart/lung issue. Docs ran tests and found nothing. My work capacity, conditioning workouts, and walking around at high altitude cities told me they were wrong. Got another test done out of pocket and found I did have blockage in widowmaker. Had stent put in and in rehab found an additional afib issue. So probably on track for an ablation. The increased cardio and meds I am on seem to be impacting my conditioning and lower body strength. But not upper body.

So 2019 was a good year. Goals achieved. I shoot for 200 workouts a year. This year I did 230. I had PRs in box squat(post hip surgery), rucking, and avoiding a heart attack.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:03 pm

In last days of 2019 i fulfilled on of my big goals, gymnastic rings muscleup :)