CBD Oil Uses?

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

CBD Oil Uses?

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Hey I keep seeing CBD oil popping up and am wondering if anyone here has used it. The anti-inflammatory properties look interesting, but so much of the material looks like wackjobs who tout hemp as a commercial product and also just so happen to love smoking weed.

Experiences or knowledges?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: CBD Oil Uses?

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Tried it. Don't get much. American Shaman brand.

Maybe a small amount of pain reduction.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:02 am

I have eaten the gummies. Seems to help with anxiety, puts me in a good mood and larger dose puts me to sleep. Haven't noticed anti inflammation.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Old Mother
Staff Sergeant

Post by Old Mother » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Was given a sample grab bag of Green Roads. Tried a drop under the tongue when I was out of melatonin. It put me to sleep pretty quickly. Tried it also during the day. There was a mild decreased in anxiety. The grab bag also had a small container of pain relieving gel. It was decent and moderately effective for muscle strains, but it's difficult to tell if it was the CBD or all the other shit that's in there.

I'm giving CBD Distillery a shot now for sleep. It's hard to tell if it's effective. I've heard there's a sweet spot for dose/response. Too little and too much are not effective. I'm up to 4 drops of the 2500mg concentration. I've heard from some people that for sleep they take a full dropper. That's a lot considering how expensive this shit is.

Also, I've heard from some that CBD is still the wild west and some companies are not that diligent about ensuring no THC. Some people have failed drug tests. So buyer beware.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Mon May 06, 2019 12:48 pm

I don't get any sleep impact from it.

I know people who do, it changed one guys life because it let him sleep 5 hours in one shot instead of 3 then tossing and turning.

jonnyt

Post by jonnyt » Sat May 11, 2019 6:03 pm

Try Zatural, www.zatural.com. It's high quality. I found it really helped with pain after about a month or so of using the drops.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Mon May 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Alex Viada currently has a pretty informative 'story' on his instagram about cbd, it's worth a watch

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Why can't you people just smoke a joint like a regular person?
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Ripe Turd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ripe Turd » Mon May 27, 2019 4:34 pm

Is CBD the thing for endurance training, or is it THC?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Still illegal if you have a job with federal contracts that require random drug testing. I almost got some from the local 7-11 before I had a “wait a minute” moment.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Lych
Sarge

Post by Lych » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:40 pm

CBD does nothing for me either. But I will tell you what does; Psilocybin Mushrooms. Here is a wonderful link so I don't have to type so much...

https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing/mus ... -and-risks

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:54 pm

Lych wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:40 pm
CBD does nothing for me either. But I will tell you what does; Psilocybin Mushrooms. Here is a wonderful link so I don't have to type so much...

Being a sufferer of chronic anxiety, depression, and insomnia wrought from those two, I've been intrigued by psychedelics for a while. Much more so after reading Michael Pollan's book.
I wish there were serious clinics in the US where I could go for a treatment regimen. I know they exist in trial form in the UK. Maybe since a few cities in Colorado have decriminalized psilocybin some brave psychologists will set up shop and give it a go. But without solid training/regulatory oversight there's no way to know who would be legit and who would be some hippy cashing in on he latest fad.

I've been intrigued by the microdosing, and may consider giving that a go on my own. But no way am I comfortable taking a hallucinogenic dose without someone there who knows their shit, specifically trained to help use the experience to clean some mental shit out of my head.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Lych
Sarge

Post by Lych » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 am

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:54 pm
Lych wrote:

Being a sufferer of chronic anxiety, depression, and insomnia wrought from those two, I've been intrigued by psychedelics for a while. Much more so after reading Michael Pollan's book.
I wish there were serious clinics in the US where I could go for a treatment regimen. I know they exist in trial form in the UK. Maybe since a few cities in Colorado have decriminalized psilocybin some brave psychologists will set up shop and give it a go. But without solid training/regulatory oversight there's no way to know who would be legit and who would be some hippy cashing in on he latest fad.

I've been intrigued by the microdosing, and may consider giving that a go on my own. But no way am I comfortable taking a hallucinogenic dose without someone there who knows their shit, specifically trained to help use the experience to clean some mental shit out of my head.
Sounds like you want to book an Ayahuasca retreat in South America. Recommended reading: https://www.amazon.com/Ayahuasca-Test-P ... oks&sr=1-3

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:53 am

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:
Lych wrote:

What does your anxiety coalesce around?
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:39 am

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:
Lych wrote:

What part of the country are you in? At this point there are a fair number of reasonably reputable people doing this.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:41 am

Lych wrote:

I’ve read the r/microdosing subreddit a fair bit and it is difficult to sift through the mentally ill and addicts. I’m familiar with Faidman. It’s clear results vary. What have your experiences been?

Lych
Sarge

Post by Lych » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:08 am

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:41 am
Lych wrote:

I’ve read the r/microdosing subreddit a fair bit and it is difficult to sift through the mentally ill and addicts. I’m familiar with Faidman. It’s clear results vary. What have your experiences been?
The first time I used them, I had no idea what they were other than obviously being mushrooms. I just grabbed a couple that some chick offered me at a club in Bingen, Germany... cause that's what you do when a stranger gives you something; you eat it. One of the best nights I have ever had. Incredibly pleasant sensitivity to touch and sound, not much visually, and a very clear sense that if I needed to "stop" to handle something seriously, I could do so. That was in 2001-ish lets say.

In the years since, like our friend Mr. Alfred Neuman, I've had some significant struggles around anxiety - and I suppose what you might call depression. The latter was more of an "I don't give a fuck" self destructive passive aggressivity. It coalesced around death. In 2003 a mutual friend of my wife and I jumped from his 12 story apartment balcony and landed right in front of our first floor walk out door to our balcony. I was sitting their reading a book when he hit the earth about 10 feet from me. Wizard and Glass, by Stephen King - right when Roland, Jake, Eddie, Susannah, and Oy were climbing out of Blaine the Mono after he had crashed. I will never forget that. Completely unexpected. Two more suicides of friends by the end of 2005, and one missing who had gone AWOL from his military unit (I was out in 2002). We were stateside by November of '05, and in reconnecting with old classmates I discovered that during '05, two of them had died. One by suicide, one by accident. 2006 another by suicide. And by 2008 there was still one more killed by being hit by a vehicle while on foot.

So in a period of 5 years, I had 7 dead friends and one missing friend. Russ eventually turned up. He'd hooked up with some woman from Azerbaijan and attempted to get married or some shit... long story. Anyway, it may sound weak or whatever, but I began going to some really dark places mentally. I had this death infatuation. I'd wake up 5 times a night to make sure my wife was still breathing, and disconnect emotionally from almost everyone else. I thought about people the way Dexter thinks about them when he narrates in the TV show (for those of you who have seen that). Everyone was an object, and I was empty. That made it incredibly difficult to connect with others, much less groups of others, without constantly thinking that I knew what other people were thinking and they were thinking I was crazy... if that makes any sense. It just fueled the anxiety. It never affected me professionally in the objective sense, just internally I was torn up. A post here can't really do it justice. There's more depth and texture to it than I can type. You'll just have to take my word on that.

Anyway, this went on for a while, years. Coping, pushing it down to get shit done the way we are supposed to do, and I saw the typical counselors, EAP bullshit etc now and then... and the med-go-round with SSRI's, MAOI's - and it is my opinion most of that is all shit. Then in like 2013, I remembered the sounds I could hear when I had my Bingen experience. I was trying to explain this to a friend of mine who is now an estate lawyer, and she had a similar experience on shrooms. She, for me at least, coined the term, it was like being "whispered to by God." It isn't that you hear words or anything, you just feel tethered to something deeply positive while you take in the world, and that is an overwhelming relief. You feel safe, and when you feel safe, you can express yourself. And when you can do that, you discover interaction and that most people are just like you on at least some level. I expect a lot of making fun of that, so have at it... but nothing comes closer to describing it than that.

So I will spare you the details of the different strains I tried out. What I found was Azzie, which is azurescens. A bunch of places led me to these... reading stuff by Paul Stamets, online in general, just trying different ones out... and they are not radically different, at least not for me. But that clarity of sound and the way it is, is captured in azzies. Strictly JMO here. Depending on supply, I'll go through streaks of doing 0.2g twice a week for 2 months, and then nothing for a long time, then maybe a 2g trip, followed by a dry spell, followed by microdosing again... The best schedule I can give is that I do it as a regular part of my life, but not all the time. But the effects are for me, amazing. Nearly all of my anxiety has dissipated. I have zero problem presenting, interacting, taking charge, or following when I need to follow. I'm not in the IST profession, but I do a fair amount of big data SQL writing in my work, and I am certain there is a nootropic effect which has happened. I've become the go-to for that stuff even though I am not in IS&T, and I can often see solutions to query problems with speed and efficiency. There are still plenty of things I am not good at of course, don't get me wrong, but those I am good at are even more pronounced. But the best thing is the ability to let go of little shit. I don't feel like I have to die on every hill, or respond to every email immediately like it is a war of wit because the anxiety is spinning out of control. Also, death has occurred in my family since 2013, and my response has been healthy I think - and I have dropped all other meds of any sort except TRT. I have a sense of peace I did not have before, and in the 6 or so years I have been doing this, it seems to get incrementally better.

I live in the upper midwest USA now. I work through the info exchange on the deep web to get things sometimes, and through people I know. I have never cultivated my own, although I have wanted to try at some point. IMO, all that "woodlovers paralysis" nonsense is just that. Despite Azzies being as strong as they are, I would contend that you'd have to be way beyond mentally ill in the first place to have a bad trip on them. There are some sources out there that say taking too little OR too much of a dose can give you anxiety / bad trip / paralysis... but I have taken almost 4g of azzies at one time with no bad effect. Same goes for microdosing. I am around 220lb and fairly lean, though not 6-pack so.

In any event, I am tapped out. Sorry for the long answer, but I think it is bullshit that Shrooms are illegal. I think it's why most of us can't take U.S. drug policy seriously in the first place because they've grouped them, and MJ, in with heroin - most adults know better than that I hope.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:49 am

First off, sorry to hear about such a compressed period of loss. That is hard to imagine, and the context helps. Appreciate the long answer.
And when you can do that, you discover interaction and that most people are just like you on at least some level. I expect a lot of making fun of that, so have at it... but nothing comes closer to describing it than that.
Psychedelics are supposed to affect the part of the brain connected to sense of self vs others, so that makes sense.

It’s odd to me that with the modern uses of these, and benefits, my experience with friends in the 90s who were doing them was they were recreational and no benefits seemed noticed. A close friend liked shrooms and still shot himself, though I have no idea about timeline. Clearly, a 23-year old male is about 500x more self centered than anybody, and maybe it takes some adult life experience to actually have a reset that makes a noticeable difference.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 pm
Why can't you people just smoke a joint like a regular person?
Weed makes me paranoid as fuck and gives me anxiety. It wasn't always that way but the last 15 years or so it has not been enjoyable.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:49 pm

Have you tried alcohol?