Jose Aldo abusing legs

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Jose Aldo abusing legs

Post by Bram » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:46 pm

https://vimeo.com/281195674?ref=em-share

I've always loved a good leg kick...although you can really fuck someone up, it's better than giving them brain damage. The highlight has A LOT of hard leg kicks landing.
"If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Jose Aldo abusing legs

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:01 pm

As a proponent of the brutally simple basics, this almost brings a tear to my eye. Lots of "naked" low kicks in that highlight for sure, but a lot of those are paired up beautifully off of the jab, double jab, or the hook. The transition is quick, and the power is tremendous. I get nauseous at the Joe Rogan's of the world going on about "high level striking", and I don't know what the fuck he's orgasming about half the time. High level striking is on display in that highlight, and it's nothing more than the simple basics done with skill, speed, and precision. Great stuff.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Jose Aldo abusing legs

Post by Bram » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:01 pm

Hooks lend themselves so well to low roundhouse kicks, because the twisting of one leads into the twisting of another.

One of my favorite combos is to step out with your front foot as you jab towards the eyes, with the front foot stepped out you can pivot directly into the kick and the jab to the eyes disguises the set-up.
"If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work." - Thich Nhat Hanh