Naoya v Donaire

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Bennyonesix1
Sarge

Naoya v Donaire

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Excited for this. Maybe more so than Canelo v Kovalev. Perfect matchup between an up and coming untested slugger vs an end of career old head ex champ. Naoya has heart (probably too much) and one punch power in both hands but I haven't seen any slickness or even basic defense. He's never been close to being pushed however. Donaire has the experience and the left hook to put Inoue down but he may be too old at this point to withstand the body attack. Honestly can't remember the last fighter with KO power in both hands to the body and a commitment to the approach.

https://youtu.be/KpRceXo9aJg

Bennyonesix1
Sarge

Re: Naoya v Donaire

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:22 pm

Absolute fight of the year. Maybe decade. Please watch if you have any interest in boxing.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:42 pm

For you big benny.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Bennyonesix1
Sarge

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:37 pm

Naoya didn't go to the body nearly enough. I guess the counters were that quick and strong. The one he landed tho? I was jumping up and down cheering thinking for sure Doanire was done. But damn donaire came to pay the price. Almost had naoya once or twice.