Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Ryan
Sgt. Major

Re: Enter the Croissant

Post by Ryan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:17 am

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:24 pm
There’s a subreddit dedicated to this now r/saturatedfat and most of the experimenters are seeing no weight change or weight gain. I think this is probably shenanigans.

Like any other diet, what people say they are doing and what they are actually doing can be 2 very differrent things. If you're not measuring, you're guessing.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:17 am

Ryan wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:17 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:24 pm
There’s a subreddit dedicated to this now r/saturatedfat and most of the experimenters are seeing no weight change or weight gain. I think this is probably shenanigans.

Like any other diet, what people say they are doing and what they are actually doing can be 2 very differrent things. If you're not measuring, you're guessing.
Even the author took no measurements of any kind. His final pic has his arms overhead. The mice cited in his study lost weight and then regained it.

I’d be as hyped as anybody to learn white flour and saturated fat leads to fat loss and robust health. There’s no supporting data of any kinda part from three photographs.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Ryan
Sgt. Major

Post by Ryan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:53 am

True.

Also, the Croissant Diet and the Optimal Diet are not the same. The common theme is the long chain saturated fat intake, but the macro percentages are different. Stearic acid, in particular, seems to be the main part of the Croissant Diet.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin