Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Jump rope

Post by Shapecharge » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:14 pm
Shapecharge wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:33 pm
You fucking crybabies! Ohhh, I can't jump for too long or I miss and get hit with the jumprope and it hurts!! You wanna hear some real shit?!? One time when I going through selection for an ultra, and I fuckin' mean super-high-ultra spec ops outfit we had to stand in a circle while a motorized sickle blade about a foot off the deck spun around and you had to jump up or HAVE YOU FUCKING FEET CHOPPED OFF!! This went on for two hours. Only three of us made it and that was just the first day.
Did one of the other guys who made it have razor sharp teeth that would FUCK YOU UP?
Turd...yes. It was Andrew. A founding member of the Super Extreme Parkour Team...known by the code name PAPPY. Sadly missed.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:33 pm

"Remember that you have no companion but your shadow." -Genghis Khan

Boris

Post by Boris » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:26 am

Like Shaf, I used to do it a lot w. Everlast leather rope. In my teens, skipping rope for 30mins to an hour was no big deal. I think it has value though as just long slow distance work. I got back into a little about a decade ago, but it's frustrating when you used to be competent and I quit fairly quickly.

I don't really have any good advice except to say, start w. both feet and get good at it. Then learn to shift from one foot to the other. Then running in place, etc

Boris

Post by Boris » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:26 am

Like Shaf, I used to do it a lot w. Everlast leather rope. In my teens, skipping rope for 30mins to an hour was no big deal. I think it has value though as just long slow distance work. I got back into a little about a decade ago, but it's frustrating when you used to be competent and I quit fairly quickly.

I don't really have any good advice except to say, start w. both feet and get good at it. Then learn to shift from one foot to the other. Then running in place, etc