Squat Assistance Exercises

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Squat Assistance Exercises

Post by Bram » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:35 pm

Hahah, no not my leg size.

Not sure. I was busy at work, lots of exercise, friend and family time. Was reading one to two books a week. But felt down.

That almost made it worse, in that I was doing all these things that should make you feel good and it wasn't working.
Be careful with your words, for someone will agree with them. Be careful of your conduct, for someone will imitate it.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Well, what flipped the switch and made it go away?
"Remember that you have no companion but your shadow." -Genghis Khan

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:10 pm

I suppose it was three factors:

1. A consolidation of my attitudes towards life. Around October I started having a mindset for surfing, then another for training, then another for meditation classes (and so on). It was making me stressed out, while feeling disconnected from who I am at my core. This was difficult to abandon, as each were successful on their own, but left me "switching modes" and being Person A, B, or C. I found a simple set of things that works for all situations, and that gave me comfort and a steadier compass.

2. Working out harder and more thoroughly. In January I started experiencing hip, knee, and low back pain. I had discontinued some of my stability exercises and all of a sudden shit started hurting. I re-integrated them, along with a generally higher level of volume. The pain disappeared and my athleticism improved, which added to my overall happiness and confidence.

3. A general improvement in self-care. As I started to feel mentally calmer, and physically stronger, I channeled some of the extra energy into simple things like keeping my apartment neat. This added to the improved sense of self.

Haha, but to stay on topic with squats...I forgot to mention that glute-ham raises, or any form of knee flexion, was another help to my squatting.

Thanks for asking :)
Be careful with your words, for someone will agree with them. Be careful of your conduct, for someone will imitate it.