Wilder Fury 2

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Wilder Fury 2

Post by Turdacious » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:28 am

In probably the biggest heavyweight fight of the century (a low bar I know), Fury beat Wilder down. I expected Fury to outbox Wilder, do no major damage, survive a couple minor scares, and win a decisive decision-- but I was only about 60/40 on that.

What are your thoughts on the fight? Does Wilder come back to compete against Fury for the title anytime soon? Can Wilder recover, learn, and compete at the highest level again? Are there any American heavyweights who can reasonably challenge the Brits (Fury, Joshua, Whyte, et al...) for heavyweight gold?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Wilder Fury 2

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:50 pm

Wilder is the only American in the top 10 with talent to challenge the top of the heap, and he looked hopelessly exposed by Fury. His excuse making and blaming of Breland in the aftermath leaves me with serious doubts as to whether or not he has the will or character to address his shortcomings. Blaming the costume he wore to the ring as the reason for why his legs gave out is a jaw dropping and delightful answer to the question, "What can I say now that it's over to embarrass myself even more than the beating itself?"

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Teddy Atlas said on his podcast that there's probably enough wiggle room in the rematch clause for Fury's promoters to deny Wilder an immediate rematch.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 pm

Turns out Fury cheated and didn't have his hands all the way in his gloves. It wasn't the godawful heavy costume Wilder wore on the ring walk after all.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:54 am

seeahill wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Turns out Fury cheated and didn't have his hands all the way in his gloves. It wasn't the godawful heavy costume Wilder wore on the ring walk after all.
If Wilder's team didn't send someone to watch Fury get taped up (especially since Margarito v. Mosley) they should all be run out of boxing.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:04 pm

seeahill wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Please don't buy into the conspiracy theories hatched from the fevered minds of negroid collective narcissists. The only thing harder for them than navigating the bleak oppression of polite society is wrapping their shallow brain pans around the fact that their apex sexual icon of down low brother prison shower calisthenics got way laid by an Irish orangutan afflicted with a triple dose of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. The upside of this recent conspiracy mongering is that it gave them a break from chimping out about menthol cigarette ads and parsing out how poor whites in flyover country have once again stolen their Wakandan technology. So, I'm afraid what we have here is yet another example of a lost scion of Africa who is gifted with physical talent beyond measure, but absent the character necessary to take personal responsibility for the wrong side of an ass whipping. Like most front running curs, they "do realz gud" when they have the leg up, but fold like the chairs in a strip mall negro church when faced with a little adversity. I chalk this shortcoming up to a deficiency in the genes as well as their almost universal tendency to have been raised in urban mama's boy cultures lorded over by obese fertility mammies who treat them like princes as they play Madden and dominoes all day. Loaded gloves...yes, I'm sure. The biggest heavyweight fight in recent memory, and the California State Athletic Commission was completely asleep at the wheel as it pertains to hand wrapping and glove condition? Perhaps John Carvelli bet the house on the potato nigger? It boggles the mind. Well, minds that are the product of warm clime breeding further addled by modernity's curse of malt liquor and honey buns, that is. Please take this WE WUZ KANGZ and "dey can't beat us straight up, nigga" humiliation propaganda to it's proper place. I suggest the World Star comments section, or the Blaq Hotep Twittersphere. I'm sure Tariq Nashid will find you a welcome ally in the intersectional debate on how White Hope concerns in the world of boxing are a cornerstone of white supremacy and an extension of antebellum buck breaking. Please report back after you have enriched yourself.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:27 pm

I lol'd at "Irish orangutan afflicted with a triple dose of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome." This is why we need eugenics.
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:06 am

Turd, Kaz....
Sarcasm alert.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:37 am

seeahill wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:06 am
Turd, Kaz....
Sarcasm alert.
You did us all a huge favor, giving our resident poet laureate an opportunity to return to prime form after his initial milquetoast comment.

Gav
Sgt. Major

Post by Gav » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:21 pm

Wilder wanted to go out on his shield. He’s damn lucky they threw the towel in otherwise he’d have been going out on a stretcher.
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful

motherjuggs&speed
Gunny

Post by motherjuggs&speed » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:16 pm

Anyone in either guy's circle who isn't urging immediate retirement just wants to keep the gravy train running with permanent severe consequences for the fighter. They will have another fight, everyone will get paid, and both guys will end up with dementia. These guys hit too hard to keep messing with.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:31 pm

Still a contender for best promo ever cut in the sport of boxing.