Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Re: A Fatty Special Report: One Year of 5/3/1

Post by Sangoma » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:23 am

Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:49 pm
Sangoma wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:10 am
Seriously though, your numbers make sense. Reading this place everyone seems to deadlift 500 lbs and bench 300 lbs. Placing your numbers against your anthropometrics makes me feel better. Being Black Belt in BJJ means that you are very athletic. On the other hand, you don't deadlift and squat twice your bodyweight means mere mortals don't necessarily need to get to those standards to be good at some sports.

Thanks for the report. These kinds of personal experiences are very valuable.
I will squat and deadlift twice my bodyweight to spite you.
By then I will snatch your bodyweight with one arm :finga:

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Mak, relative to equipment take a look at that Ironmind stuff...expensive, yes but bulletproof and well designed and if you need to put it away when you're done lifting it's easy to do. He's also got some lightweight stuff that's made out of aluminum that's limited on how much weight it can hold but that shouldn't be an issue. Just fyi.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Shapecharge wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:39 pm
Mak, relative to equipment take a look at that Ironmind stuff...expensive, yes but bulletproof and well designed and if you need to put it away when you're done lifting it's easy to do. He's also got some lightweight stuff that's made out of aluminum that's limited on how much weight it can hold but that shouldn't be an issue. Just fyi.
Shapebaby, I have the 5-Star Bench from Ironmind and I was not impressed. It's totally bomb proof and solid, but the cushioning is just a loose piece of foam rubber that sits on top of the bench and is prone to sliding around. I have not had experience with their uprights or safety pins but I was pretty put off by my one big purchase from them.
"Remember that you have no companion but your shadow." -Genghis Khan