Pandemic projects (stealing from Schlegel)

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Ripe Turd
Staff Sergeant

Pandemic projects (stealing from Schlegel)

Post by Ripe Turd » Thu May 07, 2020 12:56 am

So, my gym is closed, and my resolution of gaining muscle is gone too.

I'm changing decade this year and had made the project to start training judo or BJJ, but this is postponed until I'm vaccinated since I'm immunocompromised.

New plan: I've started doing a 10-min "wake-up" routine I found on Breaking Muscle. I started running, and maybe I'll buy a GMB program to change things up and work on my movement quality.

What are you suckers up to?
Hanglow Joe wrote: Why do you need a program? Showing up a 1/2 hour a day and doing what you're doing is great. Try it for 4-6 weeks, you're not going to get dick cancer by not following a program.

Bennyonesix1

Re: Pandemic projects (stealing from Schlegel)

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:34 am

3-4 Cycles of pushups (feet elevated)/legraises/hindu squats/standing toe touches. 1min rest btwn cycles.

AMARAP for first cycle then just hard work for the rest.

The toe touches are a pilates ab exercise. The abs are kept in the whole time and used to quickly raise the torso. It sounds impossible but the abs really can straighten the torso. The trick is to keep them in and against the spine and not pushed out.

Then 1hr walk or hike or jog.

Dying to hit the gym and do some arms.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu May 07, 2020 1:53 am

Getting jacked. And shredded. My tan is on point too.
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man » Thu May 07, 2020 2:58 am

I’ve been struggling to rebuild my right quad and find a new normal for my knee since since surgery in July of ‘17. Trap bar, sleds, farmers handles, box squats, and leg presses have all been part of that. No more.
I live in one bedroom apartment on the third floor and limited space and equipment. So it’s goblet squats and single leg deadlifts, windmills and get up sit ups, pushups and chin-ups, and swings, snatches and OALC now. Plus more stretching than ever and now weighted rucks up the stairwell of my apartment building.
And I’m cooking more than ever.
So I’m a little leaner, better conditioned, and addressing some weak spots.
And I think the quad is actually getting a little bigger.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Thu May 07, 2020 4:12 am

At first I didn't do shit but smoke weed and play video games, but that made me feel crappy.

So I paid attention to what made me feel good and what didn't.

Current List of Things

running - added today
yoga
meditation
working out
surfing/skateboarding
online class

plus normal hangout with friends and family (over internet right now) and trying to cobble together some work

Trying to Avoid

video games
news
"When you seek it, you cannot find it.” — Zen riddle

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill » Thu May 07, 2020 5:55 am

This pandemic did not change anything in my training.
And in my lifestyle :)

pullups, ring muscleups with bands, chest to wall hs pushups, some moves on parallettes, planche work, vsits, legs to bar, pistol squats.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Thu May 07, 2020 9:13 am

Riding my bike inside on the trainer and I haven't been this "fast" in at least 15 years. Never thought a computer program could be this productive. We went on a ride outside last Sunday and I came to realize how much I despise living and riding in this city. Riding inside in a virtual world is actually closer to what my riding used to be out on the country roads I grew up on than riding outside here.
Lots of yoga/mobility and more meditation.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Thu May 07, 2020 12:14 pm

I was training pretty hard for a while but then had some setbacks with my knees so mostly walking my dog. But she is a crazy little thing so I ran with her the other day and it wasnt bad so I think we will be running more than walking for a while. I need to just get back to doing some circuits for general joint health and if I get any throwing done, great. Mostly need to get my diet in line. I am getting chubby.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

machinehead
Corporal

Post by machinehead » Thu May 07, 2020 12:15 pm

I'm a lifelong minimalist (where "lifelong" = "about the last 20 years"). In that time, the base of what I've been doing is KB swings, ab wheel rollouts and some pushups. No gym required for this so I haven't noticed a difference -- I'm now just trying to balance out the swings and pushup volume. I've dropped the ab wheel work as it's created a lower back problem.

kreator

Post by kreator » Thu May 14, 2020 9:55 pm

I've been trying to get stronger while I can. And keep the running game in check. Nothing new there, pandemic hasn't affected it at all.

I guess the one "project" I have is trying to improve shoulder mobility and upper back posture. I've noticed it's gotten bad recently from a lot of sitting, and my left shoulder has been hurting for a few weeks.

Luke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Luke » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:41 am

I'm back at my gym, but they're on weird hours - with breaks throughout the day to supposedly to disinfect everything. Yesterday was my first day back and it was a bit seedy with all the people around. I've been a bit in denial about the virus, but even that was a bit much.

I'm keeping the big 3 lifts to 25 minutes at the gym, their secondary movements on other days, but I'm doing all my accessory work in the park with dumbbells, sled, keg, tree branches, dipping bars and assorted Spud Inc webbing to hook me to weight and or to create different implements. I love it and probably wouldn't have bothered with this new way of training without the pandemic.