Steve Maxwell free standing pull up bar circa 2004

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Bob Wildes

Steve Maxwell free standing pull up bar circa 2004

Post by Bob Wildes » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Any old timers here recall the free standing pull bar set up Steve Maxwell was touting pre 2005?

I
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Re: Steve Maxwell free standing pull up bar circa 2004

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:00 pm

I remember that one, and the Tactical Athlete Pull-Up System that Martone has. Both are pretty steep for what they are. You could probably cobble together something just as good for a tenth the cost if you're at all handy.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Bob Wildes

Re: Steve Maxwell free standing pull up bar circa 2004

Post by Bob Wildes » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 am

Thanks Al. I think that it was Martone that modeled that Tactical Athlete Pull-Up contraption.

I bought the above in the early 2000s. At the time I was renting a building with high ceilings and wanted a way to do indoor pull ups.

I cannot recall what I paid for it, but do recall that it was pretty steep. Equipment options are much better now than then, but I still do not see an indoor pull up set up that is sturdy, easily transportable and reasonably inexpensive.

I have had mine in storage for almost three years and cannot find some of the bolts. I am pretty sure I got what I need at Home Depot yesterday.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."