It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:13 pm

<

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is the WKC still a thing? I thought they were defunct?
Yep. They are still around.
In what form? Do they have a web presence at all? Because I noticed that most of VF Workout and WKC/AKC videos have been removed from YouTube.
I think they are working on something but st this point I don’t know. They are on the fence about KBs since the market is kinda flooded. Possibly some training stuff, I guess.

http://www.myphysicalculture.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:29 am 
Jesus Christ®

I agree that marketing kettlebells is a stupid play in this market. They would need to develop their market if they want people to really shell out the cheddar for high end kettlebells. Otherwise people won't understand the pricepoint.

That said, I really think it's a pity that Fedorenko isn't out developing the mass fitness market for kettlebell lifting. Aside from some few people, most Americans are not going to want to participate in competitive GS, but many, many, many would love to benefit from intelligent training with kettlebells and nobody has that experience like V.F. and maybe a few others like Rudnev and Rachinsky. He should follow Pavel's trajectory of publishing some solid works, selling instructional DVDs, popularizing his various KB sport "games" (i.e., strongsport, pentathlon, WKC fitness template, etc.). Efficient tempo lifting plus basic running and calisthenics would be as, or more, effective than 99% of what's on the market.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:30 pm 
Staff Sergeant

I have a few Apollo bells from Play It Again Sports that I got years ago. They're fine, but I'm no connoisseur.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:30 am 
Staff Sergeant

KettlebellUSA is where I'll be getting mine from here on out. I got a pair of 32kg comp bells and a pair of 40kgs of regular style bells. Great price and free shipping, along with Military/LE discount. Love them. But honestly I think I like the regular style better for what I use them for. Like the thicker grip bells for BJJ.

https://www.kettlebellsusa.com/kettlebe ... e-shipping

https://www.kettlebellsusa.com/kettlebe ... e-shipping