HKC - opinion

The only place you can learns about balls.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

odin
Sgt. Major

HKC - opinion

Post by odin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:48 pm

So where does this approach fit into the UPK weltanschauung?

I bought it a few months back and although I've read it, I haven't applied it. I kind of think Dan's approach will become my default exercise at some point. It ticks a lot of general health boxes without having any particular focus. It may also make decent off-season training for a competitive KB geek.

Anyone following its principles?
Don't try too hard, don't not try too hard

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Re: HKC - opinion

Post by tough old man » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 am

I never bothered to get it. How is it structured?
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Howieeeeee
Sarge

Post by Howieeeeee » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Swings, get ups, and goblet squats?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:58 pm

I can't see how HKC is any different from S&S. What am I missing?
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Hanglow Joe
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hanglow Joe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Nope, but if anyone is, that's great. how may times can the same stuff be re-hashed over and over again? Program Minimum, Simple and Sinister...etc

157 pages for $24.95 for paperback? Pass

I don't blame Dan for writing it to help people and make money. Great for him, hopefully DD doesn't die but that forum is a ghost town and they've gone all in on bodyweight...

Getups and Swings are fine, so are goblet squats, but I'd rather squat with the kettlebell in the rack position.

I love kettlebells. They are my main exercise tool. The first time I ever did them, I loved that you could get your heart pumping while lifting. I loved how quickly once form was perfected, the gains I made. For me as the king of the 185 lb. bench, they shed a whole new light on how to properly train, get strong, program workouts, etc.

Of course, while reading everything I could when I found my new passion, 9 years ago, you find other things in the rabbit hole. FMS, (never had a problem moving, I was always in shape), Z-Health (remember that scam), Minimalism

I like variety, I was never a broken down ex-athlete. I went from trying to lift the heaviest kettlebells I could, to now more complexes/chains and from 70's to 55's.to 45's. And guess what? My weight is still the same.

I like getups, but that's all they are, getups. Just lol doing a naked getup. If you're movement is that poor, then you have bigger problems...

If I'm deloading, I want to get away from kettlebells. Pushups, body squats, a 3 mile run, play basketball, or just taking a full week off. I don't buy into the park bench bus bench stuff.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:40 pm

Speaking of DragonDoor, does anyone else want to fucking pickaxe the Kavadlo bros? I get douche chills every time I see one of them.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:40 pm
Speaking of DragonDoor, does anyone else want to fucking pickaxe the Kavadlo bros? I get douche chills every time I see one of them.
They remind me of that Voltron cartoon where the cat robots combine to make a super robot, except instead of cat robots they're made of personality defects.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:19 pm

Douche Force Voltron

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:25 am

Cirque douche olé