Introductory GS Materials or Recs

The only place you can learns about balls.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

JohnDoe
Staff Sergeant

Introductory GS Materials or Recs

Post by JohnDoe » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm considering what my best option is to continue to make progress and get in better shape (generalist who wants to look better and be strong-ish) with the arrival in early January of our second little boy. GS seemed like a good bang for your buck program in terms of time and equipment, but I've never really done anything with it other than playing around with the movements a time or two. I grabbed Federenko's pdf off Mega a few days ago, but I wondered what else is out there of quality? I've got a 16, 20, and 24, and based on what I've heard, one is enough when you're getting started.

Thanks.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Introductory GS Materials or Recs

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:17 pm

Fedorenko's DVDs are excellent; for fitness the fundamentals one is all you need but if you want to compete the others are naturally more relevant.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:43 am

If you are interested in GS you have to learn the technique. The best bet would be to find the local IKSFA certified coach or contact Rudnev and get a few sessions. I haven't seen Fedorenko's DVDs and cannot comment on his technique tutorials, but his programming - as far as I am familiar with it - is not the best. Rudnev is the man to go to.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:11 am

You would know programming far better than I, one of my best sources was your website! That said, I think Federenko’s DVDs are devoted to technical instruction and are quite good.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 am

Thanks, Fatty.