IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:10 pm

<

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:35 pm 
Staff Sergeant

I'm considering what my best option is to continue to make progress and get in better shape (generalist who wants to look better and be strong-ish) with the arrival in early January of our second little boy. GS seemed like a good bang for your buck program in terms of time and equipment, but I've never really done anything with it other than playing around with the movements a time or two. I grabbed Federenko's pdf off Mega a few days ago, but I wondered what else is out there of quality? I've got a 16, 20, and 24, and based on what I've heard, one is enough when you're getting started.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:17 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Fedorenko's DVDs are excellent; for fitness the fundamentals one is all you need but if you want to compete the others are naturally more relevant.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:43 am 
Sergeant Commanding

If you are interested in GS you have to learn the technique. The best bet would be to find the local IKSFA certified coach or contact Rudnev and get a few sessions. I haven't seen Fedorenko's DVDs and cannot comment on his technique tutorials, but his programming - as far as I am familiar with it - is not the best. Rudnev is the man to go to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:11 am 
Jesus Christ®

You would know programming far better than I, one of my best sources was your website! That said, I think Federenko’s DVDs are devoted to technical instruction and are quite good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Thanks, Fatty.