GS Sweat Management and Shoes

The only place you can learns about balls.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

JasonC
Staff Sergeant

GS Sweat Management and Shoes

Post by JasonC » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:15 am

I've benefitted from changing to the Rudnev snatch technique, where you lay the arm against the torso as soon as possible, but it's made for one problem I didn't have so much before: sweat on my hand. I thought I'd solve that with wristbands, but it turned out to be more that when I touch my arm to my body, my hand gets wet with shirt tail sweat and ball sweat. Is this the reason for all the metrosexual spandex cycling shorts on GS platforms? Am I going to end up wearing stretchy Lululemon wear with my shirt tucked in and matching 1980s head- and wristbands?

Also, does it matter whether or not I wear something with a heel to snatch in?

leansoliddogs.blog

newguy

Re: GS Sweat Management and Shoes

Post by newguy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Are you specifically training for GS or just using GS technique?

The reason I ask - I'm doing shorter sets now, but back when I was doing longer sets, if my hands or arms or anything got sweaty I would the set, dry everything with a towel, rechalk, and carry on.

I'm never going to compete in a GS event so what do I care?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:03 pm

"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

JasonC
Staff Sergeant

Post by JasonC » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:43 pm

newguy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 pm
Are you specifically training for GS or just using GS technique?

Straight-thuggin' GS competition, yo. I don't know what got into me--I haven't done GS in 10 years--but some kind of GS parasite infected my brain and is making me go the AKA meet at the Olympia Expo.

Oh, wait, I know why: it's going to be held alongside a competition for "OG Pole Fitness."

leansoliddogs.blog

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:22 pm

Jason, you give me the reason to live! Watch out for another snatch technique installment soon.

JasonC
Staff Sergeant

Post by JasonC » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Sangoma wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:22 pm
Jason, you give me the reason to live! Watch out for another snatch technique installment soon.
I'm glad to serve as the wind beneath someone's wings. I always hoped it would be Charlize Theron or at least an aging Gwyneth Paltrow, but if it has to to be a Russian-Australian dude, that's ok too. Life is all about watching doors close and finding acceptance.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
leansoliddogs.blog