Just Barely Managing...

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Damien
Sgt. Major

Re: Just Barely Managing...

Post by Damien » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Bouldering's suprisingly social. A much more productive way to spend an evening in front of the TV!

Oh yeah, we went to the bouldering hall yesterday. Solid 2.5 hour session, good times.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:21 pm

So wall hangs, heavy club swings, various dips on rings and isometric squat work yesterday.
Today some more heavy club work, some low stance work, a set of 50 hindu push-ups and some mobility work to cool down.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:19 pm

90 minute boulder session on wednesday
heavy (20k) club work, isometric squats and various dips/push-ups today

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Took two weeks off for travel and the holidays.

Easing in again today:
some hangs on the climbing wall, some pull-ups, etc.
Dips 1-10, 1-8, 1-8 ladders, 1x23 = 150 reps
Neck Bridge holds on the top of each ladder

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Tried the kettlebell complex fromt pavel's blog.
Clean, Press, Front Squat, Renegade Row; 1 rep each, pyramiding the press up to 5 reps and back down to one.
Used the 24's. This is a great complex, not too over the top good distribution of load through the body.
Finished up with 100 swings in sets of 15-20, also 50 reps of various pull-ups on a hangboard a couple of hours later (various finger holds, slopers).

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:51 pm

During the past week we built a nice little bouldering wall at a friend's place, including ceiling holds and everything.
Spent around 5 hours during the last two days setting new routes, climbing, etc.
Also did some get-ups, swings and such during the week.

Thinking about giving the simple&sinister template a try, just substituting neck bridges for hip bridges in the warm-up and see how that complements the climbing.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Been doing the simple&sinister thingy pretty much daily, with goblet squats to warm-up.
The template works really well for me right now. Leaves enough time and energy for everything else and takes care of everything not taken care of by the climbing.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:07 pm

More of the same, this program is doing some good...