Just Barely Managing...

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Damien
Sgt. Major

Re: Simple Training

Post by Damien » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:50 pm

2KB C&J 24's 3x8
Club Clockwork Squats 20 x10/10
15min on the balance board
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm

2 hour bouldering session outdoors, half an hour of slight downhill longboarding (including intermittent uphill pushing, of course).

On the way home, a board wheel got stuck and sent me flying. Slightly pulled my left adductors and twisted something around my right knee. Hurts a bit, but can fully squat and weight bear. I'll see how it turns out.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Turns out I have a bone bruise in the posterior tibia.
Should hurt, but doesn't. Swelling is down, but I have to lay off any leg-intensive activities, especially including ballistics, hard landings, repetitive stress or high loads. Ie. 3 weeks of upper body work and stretching...

Worked a bunch of pull-ups on my buddies hangboard last night, using various slopers, finger-grips, etc.
Then did some seated 1-Arm KB presses (on the floor), as well as some ring dips and push-ups.
Also, some jefferson step-ups w/ the left leg.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 am

Yesterday 30min of various pull-ups, w/ rings, bar, eagle loops, wooden block, rope, etc.

Used various grips and hang times, also some front lever pulls and leg raises. Threw in some singles w/ the #2 CoC gripper, to keep the finger skin conditioned

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Quick 15min workout of push-ups and seated KB presses.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:42 am

30 minute session on the hangboard

totaled over 100 pull-ups, a bunch of leg raises and hangs. Used various finger grips, slopers, pinch, etc.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Quick session.

Clap Push-Ups, ladders till 50 reps total
Reverse Hypers BW x 1 bunch
some 4-corner balance drill work in full squat and standing (left leg only)

finished up with some slow knuckle push-ups

These calisthenic-focused session are a nice change of pace.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:21 am

Ring Strength series 10x1, alternated w/
Amosov Pistols with left leg

-ring strength series was: MU, Shoulder Stand, L-Sit, Flat-Tuck Back Lever, Flat-Tuck Front Lever, L-Hang

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:56 pm

30 minute grip training session.
Mostly hangs from various stuff (rolling thunder, eagle loops, wooden blocks, pinch blocks, rope) and some gripper and thumb work.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Did some one-arm push-ups.
Then, 10 sets of 10 reps of various ring push-ups (flies, archers, hindus, triceps, etc), alternated w/ Amosov pistols with the left leg and some one-leg rock-its with the 7k clubs

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:45 pm

80 minute boulder session

30 minutes of assorted calisthenics and such an hour later

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:32 pm

15 minutes prasara yoga, some isometric pulling

-did mostly the forward pressure flow, some tree flow. Right leg is holding up fine.
-isometric pulls (bottom and mid-deadlift) make me feel like a thousand bucks

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 pm

20minutes of isometrics and some yoga

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:23 pm

some light training this morning. Slowly working my legs into the routine again.
Hamstring strain on the left leg is almost gone, except during intense stretches. Right leg feels okay, but I'm taking it easy, because I know bone bruises can be a bitch.
Due to injury-related training-breal-OCD, I've incorporated some muscle control work and isometrics into my daily routine. I hate being a fanboy, but they really make me feel energized and all types of good.
I'll stick to the for a while and see how it goes. Right now it feels like they might have some benefit for aesthetics and generally feeling vitalized.

2KB C&J 24's x25 reps as quickly as possible
20k Club Mills, Swipes and Squats

Spent the rest of the day building my bouldering wall and installing it in the hallway. Unexpectedly heavy. I'll cover it in some paint tomorrow and then screw some holds on it on sunday and give it a try.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:44 pm

some handstand practice
Tuck HS Press 5x1
HS Wall Runs 2x20

Did some isometric work for the legs in between sets

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:32 pm

90 minute boulder session

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:00 pm

short, shitty handbalancing session.

Feeling light headed today. Haven't eaten much the past days due to stress and the heat. I'll load up on food tonight.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:25 pm

some handstand work
some tucked HS Press singles
HS Wall-Runs x30/20/10
2KB Complex 24's x8/8/8, Snatch/High Pull/Clean

Threw in some isometric work for the legs and some rock-its w/ a 24k KB inbetween sets.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:44 pm

15 min Frog Stand HS Press work
HS Wall-Runs x40, x30
Wall Sits 2x time

-did balance board work inbetween HS sets. Slowly getting my leg used to work again...

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Did some dicking around on the pull-up bar and some on a wall with wooden planks to hold on.
Practiced a bunch of climbing techniques; toe hooks, heel hooks, flagging, etc. for around 20 minutes

Finished up with a set of 75 swings w/ the 24k KB

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:32 pm

15min Frog Stand HS Press work, alternated w/ balance board work

some 1-Arm HS work

KB Swings 24x75

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:59 pm

15min work on the pull-up bar

KB Swings 24x75, some push-ups

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:41 pm

2 hour bouldering session

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Frog Stand HS Press work for 15 min
HS Wall Runs 2x40

balance board work between sets

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:02 pm

90 minute mediocre climbing session, mostly traversing along a wall

Did some 2KB swings later in the day. Will try to make this a daily thing.