Just Barely Managing...

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Damien
Sgt. Major

Re: Just Barely Managing...

Post by Damien » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:25 pm

5x5 of Pike Push-Ups on blocks
Iso Deadlifts 4x10sec (various positions)

DDP Strength Builder + Core Routine
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:32 pm

some one-arm HS holds (wall-supported), some Club swings

40min of Yoga practice
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:57 pm

2hr bouldering session, some handbalancing and squats.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Took a week off to get settled into med school.
Not working on the side anymore, just need to finish up some coursework for PT school during the semester and do my finals next year.
So far, so good.

I'm giving an isometric DL routine a try for a bit. Due to lack of time, interest and willingness I'm not going to do barbell deadlifts in a gym, but I thought I'd see how an isometric routine (3-4 positions) holds up for general pulling work.
This is all just accessory work for climbing and hand balancing, so I expect this should suffice for the posterior chain.
Some pavel-style hack squats, swings and yoga will complete my general "fitness training".

I'm looking forward to see how this schedule will hold up.

Yesterday I did some isometric pulls for 2x5sec per position, some free HSPU work and some pull-up bar work (various muscle-ups, bar dips, etc.).
Also managed two full range HeSPUs without much wall support.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Today I did some handbalancing and then the 50min YRG Diamond Cutter routine.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Bunch of various bar muscle-ups, HSPU work and 20k club swings/squats

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 pm

90 minute bouldering session yesterday.

Pulled a small muscle in my left forearm at the end of the session. Nothing major, but an annoyance.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Did some HSPU stuff and compensatory yoga the past days.
Hand is feeling much better.

Free HeSPU work
4-position Iso DL 4x5sec
Dead-stopped HeSPU narrow/medium/wide 3x1/2/3

also did some hack squats w/ the 20k club
finished the session with a 2min Plank hold test, which was not as hard as I had expected. I don't think I'll do this again.

-managed a PR of 2 continous HeSPU's without wall-support

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:34 am

20min Yoga

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Yesterday I did some free HeSPU practice, followed by a bunch of handstand holds (close, narrow, wide), alternated w/ 30sec holds of isometric deadlifts at various heights.
Finished up with some yoga.

Today I just did a 15min yoga session to stretch out from all the sitting I'm doing lately.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:37 pm

2hr bouldering session

left hand is holding up nicely

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:46 pm

2hr bouldering session

still sore from last time, as we finished up wtih some rope climbs. Did the same thing today.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Iso DL, some HeSPUs

then 4 rounds of Ido Portal's locomotion routine (intermediate)

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:09 pm

90 minutes of bouldering, some rope climbs to finish off

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Iso DL 3x5sec per position
some close grip HeSPU, dead-stopped

Locomotion circuit by ido portal x3

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Went bouldering two days ago, great session.

Yesterday, I did some back lever holds, MSH work and isometric DLs.

Finished up with 15 minutes of FlowFit and Forward Pressure

Today, I did some skin-the-cates, some v-sits and deep pistol holds. Also finished up with 15 minutes of FlowFit and Forward Pressure.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Finished up the home bouldering wall. 45 degree overhang, some nice holds. Built some routes for 2 hours with friends.

Today I did some isometric deadlifts alternated with ring strength series.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:14 pm

3 hour session on the home boulder wall

it's a relatively small wall (1.5x3m) so just short, hard routes, plenty of rest, plenty of socializing, messed up hands

Today, 40 minutes of calisthenics, muscle-ups, various push-ups, dips, jumps and squats; playground workout at home...

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:24 pm

20 minutes on the boulder wall, focusing on foot work and small holds

finished up with 10 rounds of Flowfit in 14 minutes and some stretching

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 pm

2hr boulder session

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Tried the barbarians challenge on thursday.
5 muscle-ups, 45 dips, 25 pull-ups, 55 push-ups, 1 muscle-up (actually 5, but fuck no).

Took way too long. This is a fun challenge, ut I couldn't even finish a solid set of 5 straight bar muscle-ups because of the fatigue of the prior day's bouldering session, so I knewriht at that moment, that I wasn't heading towards record territory.
Finished up with a set of 50 swings with the 32k KB.

Yesterday I just did some dips (20, 15, 10, 5 reps), followed by a drop set of push-ups (close, medium, wide).

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Mediocre bouldering session on friday night.
Yesterday, I did a session of dips (ring and bar), isometric squats and various climbing wall holds and pull-ups.
Today same thing, but with Ring support holds, dip- and push-up shrugs.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Climbing wall hangs, some pull-ups and 5 circuits of some push-up and squat jumps.

Did HeSPUs, Diamond Push-Ups, PPPUs, Hindus and regular

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:03 pm

30 minutes on the home bouldering wall in overhang

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Used to have a wall in my garage. Bouldering and drinking beer was great times. Still have the hang board at least.
Don’t believe everything you think.