Unfluffing

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Unfluffing

Post by syaigh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:41 pm

Legs yesterday, running 3 miles this morning, throwing with my daughter this evening. Holy shit, I've been sore since Friday.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:06 am

Ran three miles on Wednesday, spent all day yesterday running errands. Going to try and combine two workouts this afternoon and then throw with my daughter again tonight. Weight is all over the place, need to cut the booze and get back on my food plan. Too much fat, not enough vegetables.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:02 pm

Last throwing practice before comp on Saturday. Looking relatively good. Hitting over 55 on lwfd consistently, stones are hit or miss, hwfd sometimes good, if I remember speed I can get over 60 on hammer which clearly needs work.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Competed on Saturday. Generally a good day although sheaf was sub-par again, only got 18 feet, and hammer was just stupidly bad, 57 feet. I'm apparently moving in slow motion. But, competition prs on weights for distance, 40'2" on heavy weight (21 lbs) and 55'7" on light weight (14 lbs). I won weight over bar with 16 feet and turned the caber twice. Stone was okay, but lost my glide altogether. Threw 27'5" with a standing throw. Going to start working with my coach again to fix hammer and stone.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Okay. Two weeks since my comp and I'm getting back to a regular lifting and cardio schedule.

This week:
Monday: 3 mile run
Tuesday: Leg extensions, hamstring curls, back squats, Lat pull-downs, two other things I can't remember.
Wednesday: Bench, rows, face pulls, lat pressdowns, curl and press, triceps kick back, 30 minutes elliptical
Thursday: 30 minutes incline treadmill walk
Friday: shoulder complex, leg extensions, hamstring curls, upright rows, bicycle crunches

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Okay, so this past week, got one workout in and then spent three days at a camp retreat for middle schoolers. Have spent all weekend recouping. It was actually kind of awesome living the outdoor active clean living (although eating crap) life for a few days. Gotta figure out how to make that a more normal thing in my every day life. Will probably have to wait until after cross country season when I actually have some time to myself. As if that actually ever happens . . .