Steroids, Strippers, and Strip Mall Ninjas

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Fuzzy Dunlop

Re: Steroids, Strippers, and Strip Mall Ninjas

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:58 pm

riotboo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:29 pm
congrats on the little one...what happened to your mtb's?
Thanks! Mtbs were just in the shop... Had a fork in for service and some issues with a thru axle.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Re: Steroids, Strippers, and Strip Mall Ninjas

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:35 pm

i'm back and need something to hold myself accountable to. maybe it sticks better this time around.

I had been doing 4 days a week of training pre-Covid. A mix of heavy bag and train classes at Everybody Fights with a day or two lifting (mainly squats and DL) mixed in. My diet was pretty good and I was getting rid of some chub. For the first two weeks of quarantine i was just doing pushups and a few indoor BW circuits. In April, i started with 100 pushups on the 1st and added 10 per day through the month. It worked very well. my arms, shoulders and chest were substantially less tubby and I was getting bigger for sure. I've found that pushups really, really work for me. I made it up to 400 pushups in a day at the end of April and didn't do shit in May besides riding bikes and doing yard labor. I've been drinking beers after I sign off everyday, not to excess but literally every single day at least a beer or two, wine with dinner 6 nights a week, etc. etc. Wife's been watching the kids all day since she hasn't had work to do besides a call or two a day so she's going insane and also wants to have a drink when we finally quit for the night. I'm getting soft again and i climbed about 1300 ft across a 7 mile ride on the bike the other day and it suuuucked.

Tomorrow, I will start back on the pushups and make sure I swing the KB or ride more than once a week. Whether or not I can keep logging remains to be seen. I bought a new bike, Ibis Ripmo AF, which should be delivered this week (fingers crossed). Thinking about switching the hardtail back to a singlespeed for rides around the trails around my house, which is relatively flat.

I also signed up for a mixed road/ gravel race that was supposed to be this coming weekend but is now postponed until September so that will be a good goal. 60 miles, 3000ft of climbing. I did my first bike race in February, fatbike 17 miles in the woods, no snow. Good time.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.