IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:23 pm

<

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next
 Post subject: Re: 40oz to Freedom
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:33 am 

week beg: 12/23

I weighed in on 12/23 at 216, solid 8-10lb gain. My inlaws are now here for 2 weeks, I probably won't get much training in. Fixed a few dings in the surfboard so maybe i can get out a few more times before the new year.

M: barx5, 40x5, 60x5,5, 80x5, 100x5, 105x5, 110x5 (little ugly); 115x2; 120x1, 122.5x1; not feeling great but ssession was decent. pushed the sled around for 7 60 yard laps. sled +50, +70, +90, +110, +90, +70, +50; pretty wiped.

T: gym closed, lookin to shred... ended up paddling around for a while. Didn't catch anything. Think the board needs wax.

W: Christmas, depending on when I start drinking and whether or not the family wants to go to the movies or something I may try to catch some waves.

R: Squat bar x dynamic wu, 70x5,5, 110x5, 130x5, 150x2,2,2,2,2 + rollouts x 8,8,8,8,8; 4 rounds: RDLx5, box jumpx5; complex: RDL, HPC, FS, PP, SQ, GM, WGBTNPP, Snatch 40x5 reps each.

F: Didn't get out early enough to get to the beach. BTNPP worked up to 100x3, 105x1; Then 5 rounds BP 102.5x5, DBRow 50x5+5;

rewaxed on Christmas night. used some harder wax so hopefully it doesn't spread around so much this time. Latest wipeouts seem to be a result of the board literally being angled down towards the trough at like 45 degrees, I'm going right over the front of that shit. Not because the nose is dipping and catching (at least initially) but because the angle is just too much. Must be hilarious from shore. I am going to try and set up a little farther back on the board and see if taking off at a slight angle helps.

***It's now 4 days after that squat workout. I am still a little sore. It was brutal on +2 and +3. WTF happened to me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:43 pm 

Week beg 12/30/13

M: BP: 60x5,80x5,100x5,110x3,115x2; 10 Rounds: BP 120x1 + DBRow 50x5+5; then OHP 60x8,7,6,5 + rolloutsx10; then 3 sets of curls + rope pushdowns.

T: gym closed, maybe surf

W: New Year's Day... gym closed. Maybe surf

R: OHP 50x5x3, 70x3. BTNPP 80x3,90x3,100x2x10 + Ring Rowsx5x10; Then BP 100x8,7,6,6,5 + Lawnmower 30x8+8x5;

F: DL 70x10,120x5,160x5,180x1.5,190x1; TBDL 185(25kg bar?)x5x3;
4 rounds: KBS 32x10 + sprint sled 30 yds + 75 + ball slam 20lbx10 + walk/push sled 30 yds + 75; short rest periods as needed.

S: Surf bay street 3+ hour session. Got up a good amount. New coat of bumpy wax certainly a big help. Small waves and small crowd an even bigger help.

S: surfed Manhattan. Hour and a half. Couple tough paddle outs. Arms dead at times. Got up a bunch.

Man, this holiday season is taking a toll on me. Haven't had a quiet night off in a damn month. Thankfully I'm not getting weak, just fat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:55 am 

Week beg 1/6/14

M: (worried about shoulders being fatigued from surfing S/S, choose to squat). HBBS 70x5,110x5,130x5, 140x3x8; Then 3 rounds RDL 130x5 + 5 box jump; 3 rounds: KBS 48x10 + rollout x 10

T: BP 60x10,80x5,100x5,110x2, 117.5x2x10 + Pullup x 3; Then: OHP 60x8,7,6,5,5 + DBRow 50x5+5

W: Surf

R: B's game

F:OHP 60x5,65x5,70x5; BTNPP 80x3,90x3,100x2 (not a great day); BTNJ 110x1; 120xF (not going great, quit). BP and front squats then left. Little shitty from Thursday night.

S: Klokov complex up to 80, pussy. 50kg barbell complex

S:

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:55 am 

Week beg 1/13/14

M: BP 60x8, 80x5, 100x5, 110x5,5,5,5; 5 Rounds: Pendlay Row 70x8 + OHP 70x3; 3 Rounds: Farmers Walk Lap, rollout x10, dips x8, curls;

T: Squat - plan was 160x1x10; had to bail on #2. backed off to 140 and did a Shaf ladder 140x 1,2,3. 1,2,3. 1,2,5. Then 5 rounds: Goblet squat 50x10 + KBS 32x10; then 3 rounds: GHD x 5 + Push Sled Sprint 1, walk 1 @ 50 + 5 pull ups.

W: OFF no waves

R: PushPress 80x3x7; DBBP 37.5x10,10,7 32.5x10,10 + knees to chest

F: Off
S: Off
S: Off

Went to doc Friday for a bad ear infection since about Christmas Eve. Put me on a shit ton of medicine including cipro which she said may contirbute to tendon tears. Told me to lay off the gym and (obviously) stay the fuck out of the filthy ass LA ocean. I may try to do some mobility type workouts over the next few weeks.

Also thinks I blew through the patch in my ear drum which really sucks. there's a small hole in there again. She said that it may heal on it's own. fingers crossed. Definitely not surfing sans ear plugs anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:53 am 

Week beg 1/20/14

M: MLK day, did a 9 mile walk from my apt to Venice down the strand.

T: roll/stretch/some mob. rollouts (standing progression), rollouts, pull ups

W: worked late?

R: not sure

F: 5 rounds: BP 60x20 + Pull Upsx3; rollouts (standing progression).

S: Off traveling

S: Off traveling

I'm on some medicine for my ear which may cause tendon ruptures. I've been advised not to do anything "bouncy" but also to just take it easy. I don't want to rupture my achilles. I'm going to sit out a week or so. cutting back on the food intake hopefully won't keep me so fat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:51 am 

Week beg 1/27/14

M: 10 Rounds: BP 100x5 + DBRow 50x5+5; Then 3 rounds: rollout progression + farmers carry (60m)

T: Off

W: Bas 2/1... maybe 8 rounds. Swiss ball knees to chest; roll/stretch

R: Off

F: BP 60x5x3, 80x5, 100x5, 110x3, 120, 125FAIL, 115, 120, 122.5, 122.5; TrapBarDL 170x8,5,5 dead stop + Lawnmower 35x10+10x3; Standing rollout progression 8,8,8; KBS 32x55

S: roller/softball; track drills probably 12 laps w/ various movements; 5 rounds Bas 2/1; 3 rounds rollout progression + 5 pull ups

S: Morning surf session 2-2.5 hours; caught a few, waves weren't great but still had fun and got a good paddling workout.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:23 am 

Week beg 2/3/14

M: HBBS 130x5,5,5; 5 rounds: Goblet squtt 50x10 + KBS 48x10; 3 Rounds: rollout progression x 5 + ring pullups x 4. I fucked myself up bad on the last pullup of the last set. Serious pinch in my neck, felt like I may have separated a rib, torn a rotator or something. Couldn't sleep on Monday night. Spasms galore in pec, tri, neck, lats.

T - Off

W - this sucks

R - this still really sucks

Went to ortho on Tuesday, looks like a pinched nerve. Weak right arm, pain referring all over the place. He gave me 10 little pricks w/ the cortisone, vicodin, musdle relaxers, and a corticosteroid. I'm pretty fucking hurt. I typically don't ever take my vikes or perks but I've already eaten two of these fuckers along with two muscle relaxers. still not feeling great. This blows. I'll be doing a lot of walking for exercise over the next few weeks. motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:42 pm 

2/17

I've now been out of the game two solid weeks. I'm still weak as a little girl in my right arm and still taking painkillers and muscle relaxers 4 times a day. I got an MRI on Friday and heading to talk to the ortho about it this afternoon. I'm actually starting to get a little scared about the amount of damage I may have done. this blows. I am praying that he doesn't tell me I need some sort of surgery to fuse vertebrae or something. I obviously would have to seek out a second opinion as I don't think that's a wise route to take at 30 yo.

Missing the waves and barbells very much. :imsofuckinmad:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:17 am 

2/21

Saw the ortho and a neurosurgeon... They want to do a posterior discectomy, no fusing. The surgeon agreed that it may be worthwhile to give it a month of PT and massage therapy/TPT and see what happens. Start on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:58 am 
Lifetime IGer

Damn, Fuzzy, that sounds awful. Good luck with everything, man. Definitely hoping for the best!

https://vimeo.com/72300807

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:08 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Good luck Fuzzy.

http://www.myphysicalculture.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:10 am 

Thanks guys.

1st session today... some work on first ribs, lots of neck stuff - scalene, little bit on the levator, some digging in the back ribs, etc. There were some really nasty spots. Nothing I wasn't aware of but it seems like it all sort of came to a head with the disc issue. Fuck.... am I getting old?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:28 am 

PT is going well. My back was/is apparently completely locked up. Getting massage treatment at the gym which is fucking godawful. I never knew that shit could be so uncomfortable, especially my traps. Seems to be working though. Also going to regular PT twice a week which is more focused on the actual joint manipulation and a bit of manual traction.

They seem to be working well together as the PT has noticed that I'm much more relaxed. It feels like a good approach, one guy to try and get the muscles relaxed and loose, one to start getting some movement in the joints.

However, I'm still numb/tingly in my middle finger and parts of my arm and my triceps is still very weak. Hopefully, this starts to dissipate soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:51 am 

I couldn't take the lack of exercise anymore. I'm getting soft and not losing much fat because i've been eating like shit and not exercising at all.

I bough a bike today to start riding it after work on days where I'm not on the table. Took it for a little spin on the beach path in Santa Monica this afternoon and I really like it. This is the first bike I've owned since I got rid of my Dyno in '97 or so (save for a beach cruiser). I've never had a non-freestyle bike. I chose the Trek below over a PureFix because of the less aggressive riding position. I also dig the handlebars and the double top tube and it came with a rear break. Unfortunately, the 54 does not come with the flip hub but I need to get better at riding through traffic and shit before I'd ever think of going fixed anyway. The only thing I'm not crazy about are the cheap pedals mine came with. I doubt this really makes a difference for me though.

P.S. my grundle hurts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:53 am 
Lifetime IGer

Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan
Heal quick and enjoy the bike. Get some bike shorts-- gotta protect the boys.

Post subject: Re: Broken Ogre
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:39 am 

Thanks Turd. Any non-grape-smuggling bike short suggestions? I've just been rocking boardies and athletic boxer briefs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 am 

Gonna start working out lower body this week:

Foam roll/tennis balls - T spine, lats/back of tris
Hamstring/quad stretches
T Spine rotational work
directional neck work
chin tucks
standing rotational drills
breathing drills
transverse abdominis flattening

Lunges/Bulgarians/Pistols
RDL unweighted
Band Work: Row, pull apart, W-reverse fly

Bike

stop being a puss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:45 am 
Lifetime IGer

Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan
Quote:
Thanks Turd. Any non-grape-smuggling bike short suggestions? I've just been rocking boardies and athletic boxer briefs.
Lose the chonies if you're riding any more than a mile or two. Any bike shorts will probably be fine (you can get more expensive ones, but I don't see any point). They'll all be pretty snug, but a cheap pair of bike shorts will be fine-- wear your board shorts over them.

If you start doing more serious distances (if that's your focus) get more expensive stuff. Or not.

I commute around 10 miles each way daily, often in shitty weather, and a cheap pair of lycra bike shorts under shorts/pants suits me fine. AE Newman and BD are far more experienced in the cycling arena than I am.

I usually wear compression shorts under my regular shorts when I run too FWIW, they work for me, especially in the mornings.

Performance Bike has good selection and prices retail (probably in your area), Nashbar isn't bad for online stuff.
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Ca ... &metaData=

Last edited by Turdacious on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:14 am 
Sgt. Major

If you want some good pedals, I like the Expdo Spry http://www.xpedo.com/products/pedals/pl ... -%5Bnew%5D. But any decent platform like that will work fine.

I ride in mountain bike baggy shorts. They basically look like regular shorts that have either a removable padded liner or one that's sewn in. I prefer the ones with removable so I can use the same shorts for hiking. Adiamo makes padded underwear/shorts for wearing under anything. Really cheap option if you've already got Bball or hiking shorts you can wear on the bike. http://andiamounderwear.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:45 am 

Quote:
If you want some good pedals, I like the Expdo Spry http://www.xpedo.com/products/pedals/pl ... -%5Bnew%5D. But any decent platform like that will work fine.

I ride in mountain bike baggy shorts. They basically look like regular shorts that have either a removable padded liner or one that's sewn in. I prefer the ones with removable so I can use the same shorts for hiking. Adiamo makes padded underwear/shorts for wearing under anything. Really cheap option if you've already got Bball or hiking shorts you can wear on the bike. http://andiamounderwear.com/
Andiamo stuff looks good thanks. Pedals are fine for now, they just look cheap but I already overspent getting the trek, not gonna put anything into it just yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:55 am 

3/10

M: PT
T: Trigger point
W: Rolling: feet, T-Spine, Lats; T-Spine rotational drills; C-spine drills, TVA drills; Active leg raises, Rotational work
T:
F: traveling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:58 pm 

I broke 200 today. I'm shrinking like a meth addict but oddly, remaining chubby. I'm just skinny fat now. it sucks. I've cleaned up the diet a bit, which has definitely helped over the last couple weeks.

PT going well I guess. Pain is basically gone, still a little lingering radiculopathy, esp middle finger. Lats, upper pec still oddly sore. I tried to do a standing tricep extension with a 2kg dumbell yesterday and it wouldn't move. I'll give this stuff another month or so but then I gotta pull the trigger on surgery.

Been riding the bike, doing my "homework" PT, etc. Sauna every now and then.

Fuck this injury.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:32 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Add some sprint intervals to your bike rides. That could be what you need to stave off the skinny fat issue. PM Blaid Drwg he can hook you up with some training ideas for the bike. Can you do any body weight or modified body weight exercises or even kettlebell work? i.e. wall push ups, body rows, etc or even a single arm kettlebell jerk, swings, goblet squats, Turkish get ups, etc?

It took me a long time to go from not being able to do more than 1 push-up to 25 reps of dips. My key idea was just keep grinding with light weight on lifts that just weren't working bench, overhead press and, lift heavy where I could squats, deads, jerks, push presses.

As far as bike shorts go I have both options. Bun huggers under athletic shorts and a pair of MTB shorts that look like cargo shorts with the bun huggers built in. The former is a $20 option the latter was $65. The more expensive are way more comfy.

Good luck man. Don't do anything that binds you up and just be patient. It's been 4 years since I pinched a nerve in my back and my left arm is still smaller than my right and a bit weaker.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:32 am 

Thanks for the encouragement, EZ.

I've been doing the PT and TPT, riding the bike.

Here's my current exercise routine/ basket.

Roll:
Bottom of feet w/ golf ball
On Ground-
Calves, PVC
IT band, PVC or foam
Quads, PVC or foam
Triceps/Lats/Serratus, foam
Piriformis, Lax ball
TFL/Glute Med, lax ball
Upper Back, lax ball, golf ball
Erectors, lax ball
T-Spine, double tennis ball
Against Wall, lax ball-
Traps
Delt
Levator, Upper Back
Pecs
Teres Minor

Stretch
Calves on Board, break knees w/ band
Wall Piriformis
Table Piriformis
Swiss Ball Quad
Hamstring Complex
-Active extension
-Passive stretch
-bicep femoris
Lat reach with ball
pec stretch on ball
hanging lat stretch

Airbag Neck and Core Work
Chin Tucks, laying
pelvic floor
TA
bent leg raise

Activation and Mobility Drills
Active leg raise, KB overhead
TSpine rotational
Neuro rotational
Active flexed spine toe touch
Glute activation: clam and bridge
suitcase carry

Targeted Rehab
Re-Roll triceps, delts, subscap on lax ball, laying
Triceps stretch w/ band
Kaiser external rotation
Cobra
Y, W, T raises
Kaiser pushdown/curl combo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:13 am 

numbness/tingling seems to have begun backing off. I'm not really sure though because it was really kind of a faint numbness to begin with.

Pain free for like 4+ weeks.

Still weak as fuck in right tricep, exaggerated from full flexion behind my head. Much less weak w/ elbow in front of me, below shoulder level and starting from extension > 90 degrees.

Tricep and pec has eased up on the cramping when I try to use them.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next