White Belt for Life

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Post Reply
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:21 am

Pause bench
135x6
185x5
225x4
Ladders
285x3(246) got all clean 295next week

Reapers x60
Bench reverse fliesx60
Hammer curls incline bench x60
Duffin face pullsx 75
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:46 pm
Location: TX

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by powerlifter54 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Pause bench
135x6
185x5
225x4
Ladders
285x3(246) got all clean 295next week

Reapers x60
Bench reverse fliesx60
Hammer curls incline bench x60
Duffin face pullsx 75

Like it. A lot. No better way to build raw strength than 25-50 reps of paused bench each workout.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:18 am

powerlifter54 wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Pause bench
135x6
185x5
225x4
Ladders
285x3(246) got all clean 295next week

Reapers x60
Bench reverse fliesx60
Hammer curls incline bench x60
Duffin face pullsx 75

Like it. A lot. No better way to build raw strength than 25-50 reps of paused bench each workout.
Felt damn good.

Wrote a training program for one of my training partners with a ton of paused 2-4 rep sets. We both finished up in similar time and observed the last few sets looked as good as the first few ...just felt harder. That's really the sweet spot, smashing gettable weights.

Still loving those behind the neck reapers...good for warm up with a hold good for cool down with a longer hold and pump format.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:46 pm
Location: TX

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by powerlifter54 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:22 am

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Pause bench
135x6
185x5
225x4
Ladders
285x3(246) got all clean 295next week

Reapers x60
Bench reverse fliesx60
Hammer curls incline bench x60
Duffin face pullsx 75

Like it. A lot. No better way to build raw strength than 25-50 reps of paused bench each workout.
Felt damn good.

Wrote a training program for one of my training partners with a ton of paused 2-4 rep sets. We both finished up in similar time and observed the last few sets looked as good as the first few ...just felt harder. That's really the sweet spot, smashing gettable weights.

Still loving those behind the neck reapers...good for warm up with a hold good for cool down with a longer hold and pump format.
Pull to face and pull down behind neck done slow and under control best upper trap and bench -rehab I know.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:23 am

First day back squatting. I admit to being a little surprised at the pain. Figured weakness or pain, not so much of both. Apprently th ball lies in the rough, gonna take some strokes to get it back on the green.

Wider stance low box squat no belt with SSB.

using the light weight as an excuse to get the stance out a shade to build some adductor strength...this feels good position wise

165x6
255x4
345x3
255x3
255x3
255x3
255x3

Comp squat
135x20
225x20.
That's enough pump for today,

No belt DL.
135x5
225x5
315x5
425x10 RPE 9. Oi.....it's gonna go like that.

Upper back, rows and ab wheel.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:24 am

powerlifter54 wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Pause bench
135x6
185x5
225x4
Ladders
285x3(246) got all clean 295next week

Reapers x60
Bench reverse fliesx60
Hammer curls incline bench x60
Duffin face pullsx 75

Like it. A lot. No better way to build raw strength than 25-50 reps of paused bench each workout.
Felt damn good.

Wrote a training program for one of my training partners with a ton of paused 2-4 rep sets. We both finished up in similar time and observed the last few sets looked as good as the first few ...just felt harder. That's really the sweet spot, smashing gettable weights.

Still loving those behind the neck reapers...good for warm up with a hold good for cool down with a longer hold and pump format.
Pull to face and pull down behind neck done slow and under control best upper trap and bench -rehab I know.

The slow is for sure the tip here. Totally controlled up and down. takes a lot of the crunchies out of my scaps.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:20 am

Arnold presses
Rear delts
Preacher curls
hammer press shoulders
hammer row
hammer pulldown
trap machine

All done AC/DC method, light. somewhere between 30-75 reps

2 ten min sub LT cruise intervals 1 on Elliptical at 160BPM, 85rpm, One on Bike, 156BPM 110 rpm.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:06 am

buffalo bar squat
140x5
190x5
230x2
250x20
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Pause Bench
135x5
185x5
225x5
295x2
295x4
295x6
295x2
295x4
295x4
295x2
295x4
295x4
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Bench deload
Speed work. On the minute.
135x10
135 plus 80 in chains x5
185 plus 80 x 3
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2

Cable rows
Incline curls
Chain tricep ext.
Face pulls

All AC/DC method,
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:46 pm
Location: TX

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by powerlifter54 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:55 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Bench deload
Speed work. On the minute.
135x10
135 plus 80 in chains x5
185 plus 80 x 3
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2
205 plus 80 x 2

Cable rows
Incline curls
Chain tricep ext.
Face pulls

All AC/DC method,
Learned the hard way and particularly for raw, speed work only needs two grips, and only do the close grip with the speed touch and go. Do the wider grips with a meet pause. Learning to explode off the pause allows you to get to your max genetic RFD. The chains or bands let you push as hard as you can to the top.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:19 am

I have yet to harvest much value from CGBP for me or any of my people...but that said, I tried that two board CG you mentioned and I see where that might go. I'll sneak in some T&G close grips for 3 or 4 weeks and see how things respond.

Cutting Update.
226.1 This AM.
10 to go.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:46 pm
Location: TX

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by powerlifter54 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I have yet to harvest much value from CGBP for me or any of my people...but that said, I tried that two board CG you mentioned and I see where that might go. I'll sneak in some T&G close grips for 3 or 4 weeks and see how things respond.

Cutting Update.
226.1 This AM.
10 to go.
Imho speed work is restorative more than anything else. I found cg work with anything less than my meet grip working weights were a waste. A 2 board or a phone book makes this possible. I actually like 4 board meet grip raw work. Specific tricep overload. Pavel's cue that all three tricep heads are not engaged with less than 85% of training max was a key insight for me. Even in close grips. That is why you need boards or phone books even raw.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:05 am

20 rep squats
265x20. Pain is down. ROM is way up.

Weak as piss...but trending north
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:21 pm

widened grip out a shade.....mixed results
Pause bench ladders.
135x5
225x5
295x2
295x4
295x6
295x2
295x4
295x6
switched back
295x2
295x4
295x5*

Another session at this weight.

*I could have probably gotten 6 but in a rare moment of maturity, opted to milk this progression a bit more. I will probably switch to 1,3,5, ladders once this stalls.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:45 am

Deadlift on the minute.
20 minutesx405 from 1" mat.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:14 am

Back and bi's
All movement AC/DC method.

hammer rows
shrug machine
reverse flies
preacher curls
lateral raise machine
hammer curls seated
Duffin face pulls
Shrug machine again
cable low rows

two LT intervals
Bike-12min at 60-70% of VO max
Elliptical-12 at 70% of VO max
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:31 am

Pause bench ladders
136x5
225x4
295x2
295x4
295x6
295x2
295x4
295x5

Hammer curls and press downs.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:47 am

Squat buffalo bar
280x20

Second session

AC/D.C. Method machines only
Shrugs
Hammer row
Laterals
Rear delts
Triceps extension
Seated hammer curls
Adductor machine
Preacher curls
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:46 am

pause bench
135x5
185x5
225x3
295x(1,3,5)x3

rear delts and bicep curls ACDC method
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:29 am

Deadlift
135x5
225x5
315x5
425x1x20 OTM
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
Beer Jew
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Beer Jew » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:45 am

Where do you see the OTM stuff fitting in? It's obviously a fairly low percentage for you. Is or rehab? Deload? Or the start of a cycle?

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:44 pm

Beer Jew wrote:Where do you see the OTM stuff fitting in? It's obviously a fairly low percentage for you. Is or rehab? Deload? Or the start of a cycle?
It's a rehab protocol at this point. My goal here is to get weight in my hands each week, regroove the pull and to prepare the supporting muscles for the base and build blocks in late winter. I have use high rep DL as a rehab before so this is a departure for me a little bit the intent is the same, work tolerance and strength endurance to handle what's next. Plus I like it.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:42 am

Accessory back day
Back extension rows w/135
Bent rows
Trap machine
Hammer vert rows
Rear delt incline bench flies
Preacher curls
Rear delt machine
Adductor machine
Pullovers
Duffin face pulls
Trap machine again
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
Beer Jew
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: White Belt for Life

Post by Beer Jew » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:52 pm

What are your thoughts on multiple heavy deadlift singles as a training tool? As a standalone, as part of a wider programme? Where do you see it fitting in best?

Post Reply