IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:22 pm

<

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:16 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

I will continue fucking off until my back says, "Go."

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:35 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Oct. 31 Open Mat

Watched some Gi stuff, but hadn't brought my Gi.

Then rolled with Wallich & Alex. I did well today, initiating my game & flowing with what I got. I got in some good Guard passes against Wallich, but he wasn't going to let me submit him. Alex hadn't rolled with me before...he dropped his head, giving up posture and I immediately took Front Headlock to Back Take. Everybody was laughing & giving Alex shit for underestimating me. It was a very good roll and I stayed tight, used inside space, and preempted Alex's attacks with position.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:54 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Nov. 4 Open Mat

Roll with Mario, Mike M, and Chris, a new guy. Probably only a total of 20-30 minutes, but it was enough. Got Mike once with a Keylock from Top Half Guard, inspired by Fat Cat's log. I flowed, imposed my game at the start, defended well from the bottom, and didn't have to tap. I have developed a pretty sticky Bottom Half Guard. And I hit a beautiful Peterson Roll that Coach called out & praised.

My weak point is leaving my arm out a bit too much. I was threatened with a Kimura and, later, an Armbar. Also, I struggled with Chris's Knee Shield - I usually get past them pretty quickly.
Also, I should FlowRoll with Josh to develop quicker...flow.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:18 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Nov. 5 Brisk dog walk - 45 min.

Not hurting too badly from yesterday's grappling. The volume is as important as the intensity; I should probably grapple 3-4 X weekly, with shorter spars.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:01 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Nov. 11 - Dog Walk, then sauna.

Nov. 12 Open Mat

Mike M. beat the shit out of me for 30 min. I knew the answers, I just didn't execute fast enough. And I lacked focus.

Defended Armbar, Kimura, Anaconda, & Darce well. But I was on defense about 80% of the time. And he did better passing my Half Guard.

Eric's pointers: 1) from Half Guard, use Lockdown; 2) when I Underhook from Bottom Half, immediately go to Butt Grab & Limp Arm out.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:30 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
Some simple & measurable goals:

1 - Hit Ring Demon 2X per week, 8X per month. Show up to train and train wisely. (Also, become a dangerous Taker of Legs. Foot & legs.)

2 - 3X per week: Program Minimum. At present, brisk walk + KB swings, depending.

3 - Sauna 1X per week.

I also plan to retire this year & enjoy a regular sleep schedule.

Jan. 5, 2016 Noon Grappling

Roll with Eric. Lots of scrambles. Eric said that's the best I've ever rolled with him...solid fundamentals, controlling inside space, blocking when he tries to Mount, etc. He had coached me on how to reverse out of Bottom Technical Mount when I grab the foot. I made that happen twice in our roll.

Jan. 6

Brisk walk with dogs X 30 min.

Noon Grappling. Roll with Travis. Ankle Locked him and later used a Baseball Choke to reverse him off Top Half...he was getting annoying & heavy up there.

A few KB swings to loosen up the R ribcage.

Sauna.

Jan. 7 Dog Walk on Milton Trail.

Feeling a bit stiff in the ribs from grappling or KB's yesterday, or from both.

Jan. 8 Rest

Jan. 9 Open Mat at Ring Demon. Roll with Ali, then Terry. Good rolls.

Now I'm sore, with clicky shoulder.

Week's Summary:
Ring Demon 2/2
Walk 2/3
Sauna 1/1

W.B. Yeats

Last edited by johno on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:48 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Jan. 10 - Long walk with dogs on Milton Trail. Heat for clicky shoulder. Maybe sauna.

Jan. 11 - Evening Gi class. Pass Half Guard. No sparring tonight, feeling a little too beat up.

Jan. 12 - Not much except mobility.

Jan. 13 - Stationfit - 35 min. on treadmill, up to 6% incline, moderate to brisk pace.

Jan. 14 - Stationfit - Lots of shoulder & back mobility, then ~80 KB swings, 2A & L&R Arm, interrupted by a CPR call.

Jan. 15 - 6 AM Stationfit - 35 min. on treadmill, up to 6% incline. Finished, then got the final call of the shift.

Jan. 16 - Pistol range with my kid.

Summary:
Ring Demon 1/2 - Fail
Walk 3/3
Sauna 1/1 (IIRC, maybe 2/1)

W.B. Yeats

Last edited by johno on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:23 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Jan. 17 Day off.

Jan. 18 - Ring Demon: rare BS session about boxing. Maybe my neck needed the rest.

PM neighborhood walk w/o dogs, then sauna.

Jan. 19 Two IPA's & a Fuente Hemingway at the local cigar bar.

Jan. 20 KB's - F. walks & Swings at Dog Park.
Afternoon sauna.

Jan. 21 AM - light KB: Armbar ->TGU up->Windmill->TGU down; short Farmer's Walks with the 50 KB. A couple TBDL's. And some rolling with my grappling dummy.

PM - Grappling: one hour of Swing Singles, which I hate & suck at & will never use; then 45 min. rolling with Eric.

Also worked on the Baseball Bat choke (No Gi), one that Magid Hage used to choke out Zak Maxwell in a Gi tournament. When I'm on bottom, I turn away and onto my side, keeping head in close to secure/defend my arms. When I'm on Top Side Control, I smear my chest across his face with my head in close, turning the clock toward his head.
I used Eric's escape the Technical Mount reverse, and took his Back at some point & stayed there a while, threatening RNC; came close (in my mind) with Arm Triangle to Ezekiel, but it fell apart.

Jan. 22 I woke up very sore. It felt like every muscle had been Camping with Shape, with Rainbow bread bags hanging out they asses.
PM - Long, brisk walk with doggies.

Jan. 23 AM - Stiff & sore. The plan is to hit Ring Demon, but right now the feeling is reluctance.

Jan. 24 Sauna

Summary
Ring Demon 2/2 + one session w/Dummy
Sauna 3/1
Walk 2/3

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:22 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Jan. 24 Sauna

Jan. 25 KB w/u, then F. Walks & 100 KB Swings at Dog Park. I'm pondering letting a KB workout sub for a walk in my weekly routine.

Jan. 26 AM walk. I started off on the trail with the dogs, but Arya's gait was off so I aborted the mission. Instead, neighborhood walk sans dogs, 40 minutes.

Noon Grappling - I rolled with James, our little block of muscle, then with Derrick. James caught me once with an Armbar and Derrick nearly got me with an Omoplata. I caught Derrick with a Von Flue Choke, he said it came on fast once my shoulder went to the side of his neck.

I talked to Eric about my vulnerability to Armbars, he coached me on it. Elbows in, and protect the inside space between my elbow & body.

Sauna at night.

Jan. 27 Sauna

Jan. 28 Pointless errands & exhaustion for no good reason.

Jan. 29 NoonJitsu Open Mat - a private lesson, really. Work with Eric on my 2on1 to Single Leg & to throws. Performance Point: when I go for Single Leg off 2on1, keep the wrist...this makes it 0% risk. If the SL doesn't work, I go right back to 2on1.

Jan. 30 Light roll with Ali.

Summary
Ring Demon 3/2
Walk/KB 2/3
Sauna 3/1

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:43 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Jan 31 StationFit - 40 min treadmill, up to 7.5%.

Feb 1 StationFit - Shoulder mobility, neck mobility, and watch Billy Robinson video.

Feb 2 Nada - planned a StationFit early AM treadmill, but calls interfered.

Feb 3 40 min. walk; sauna

Feb 4 ?

Feb 5 KB 1Arm C&J

Feb 6 StationFit - 35 min. treadmill up to 8% incline. Neck mobility.

Summary
Walk or KB 4/3
Ring Demon 0/2
Sauna 1/1

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:19 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Feb. 7 KB's

Feb. 8 0

Feb. 9 Walk

Feb. 10 Ring Demon Noonjitsu with James. Sauna in evening.

Feb. 11

Feb. 12 StationFit - Treadmill 35 min. up to 7% incline

Feb. 13 Ring Demon - roll with Nick, then Mike.

Some sketchy record-keeping going on here. I may be leaving out some stuff.

W.B. Yeats

Last edited by johno on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:50 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Feb. 14

Feb. 15

Feb. 16 Dog Walk on Milton Trail; first time Cold Plunge.

Noon Ring Demon - work on Russian Tie to Single Leg; breaking his grip if he has a Sgl Leg, Head & Arm throw; the basics of throwing: off-balancing my opponent, rooted base, switching rooted base, moving my body into the throw while maintaining my off-balancing pull.
Lunch with Eric.

Feb. 17 KB's at the Dog Park; Farmer's Walks, Figure Eights, then Swings and C&J's until my shoulder spoke up. Then I called it. Maybe a cold plunge this early evening.

Feb. 18 StationFit - Treadmill: 37 min., up to 8%, up to 15 min. mile pace. Also some shoulder mobility exercises. And still stretching out a strained neck from my refusal to tap to a Triangle Choke last week. Stupid.

Feb. 19 StationFit - Treadmill: 28 min, up to 7%, interrupted by a call.

Feb. 20 Shoulder p/rehab, then KB swings & CnJ's. This is during the last 72 hour shift I will pull in my career. And it actually turned out to be a 73 hour shift because Rich R forgot that he was supposed to take the next shift.

W.B. Yeats

Last edited by johno on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:04 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Feb. 21 Beer, Cigar, and UFC at Stogies with Batboy2/75. Does that count?

Feb. 22

Feb. 23 Sauna, then NoonJitsu. Rolled with Derrick and Danny H. Derrick was a challenge, and I waited it out with Danny until he gassed.

Feb. 24

Feb. 25 Walk; Noon visit to Ring Demon.

Feb. 26

Feb. 27 Ring Demon - roll three rounds with Mike M. He got me with one armbar and I got him with a footlock I learned from a Billy Robinson video. I was adventurous & tried some different things: footlock and ankle lock; Deep Half Guard; Baseball Grip choke from Bottom Side Control.
Also, Eric & I talked about strategy: how to play with limitations.

W.B. Yeats

Last edited by johno on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:40 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Previous week not logged. It was unremarkable, except no grappling. Acupuncture instead for shoulder & neck.

Mar. 6 KB swings & CnJ's.

Mar. 7 Sauna

Mar. 8 AM walk in 'hood; sauna.
Then Noonjitsu - rolled with James, then Tony, both of them strong blocks of muscle - that type is my nemesis. James caught me in 3 Armbars in 15 min. Then, in ~30 min. of rolling, I fought Tony to a standoff. He tried armbars, but wasn't tight enough to make them stick. Rolling with Tony was more like a tournament than a friendly roll, with him grabbing my shorts, putting his knee in my face, grinding, etc. So I took the opportunity to dig my chin into his ribs and give him heavy shoulder pressure from the top. Tony was complimentary after the match, putting me up with some of the better guys he's rolled with at other schools.

Eric checked in with me after the match to make sure I was OK, commenting that James & Tony were not exactly known to roll light.

Later, epsom salts bath. I will pay for all this tomorrow.

Mar. 9 ? What did I do? Sauna, for sure. Something something. TBDLs, bump up weight 20 lbs.

Mar. 10 Walk, more TBDLs.

Mar. 11 Walk, sauna. Gym closed, so Grappling Dummy time, working out Top Side Control to Kesa attacks: to N/S choke & other nastiness. And Top Guard to Straight Ankle Locks. This will be one of my answers to a Knee Shield by the Bottom guy. No more leg attack queasiness.

Mar. 12

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:04 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Mar. 13

Mar. 14 KB Swings 100, KB CnJ 60. Back said "Enough."

I think I'll just set a time limit, say 10 min. initially, and KB for that time, gradually progressing reps. Simple plan for a simple man. At some point, I'll break out Swings from CnJ's.

Mar. 15

Mar. 16

Mar. 17

Mar. 18

Mar. 19

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:52 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
Mar. 13

Mar. 14 KB Swings 100, KB CnJ 60. Back said "Enough."

I think I'll just set a time limit, say 10 min. initially, and KB for that time, gradually progressing reps. Simple plan for a simple man. At some point, I'll break out Swings from CnJ's.

Mar. 15 Dog walk on Milton Trail. Grappling tonight, maybe Gi.

Ring Demon, GiJitsu. Learned the importance of grip placement in chokes. Class only, didn't roll - my body said, "Take it easy." I did.

Mar. 16

Mar. 17 Gi Jitsu - class: all sorts of shit, with all of us asking Eric questions. Including an alternative to RNC when he's hand fighting, Kimura grip to Armbar; dealing with the Knee Shield from Top Guard or Half Guard. Then a quick roll with Elias. I caught him in a Head & Arm Choke but released - it wasn't the point of the roll.

PS - no saunas this week: septic system is wonky & "Shitter's Full."

Mar. 18

Mar. 19

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:58 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Mar. 23 - Gi: omoplata. The whole exercise was made 3X more valuable when Eric showed the entry position from closed Guard: hipped out with lower knee in his elbow (w/ wrist control on that side) and either trapping the near arm/shoulder or overlooking it. Lots of options to attack, especially with Gi, and few ways he can strike you or react.

Mar. 24 NoonJitsu: private lesson with Eric - got clarification on isolating an arm for either an Armbar or Kimura. Priority of Kimura over Armbar to maintain top position. A key is to keep upward pressure on the elbow and levering his arm toward his front (or his shoulder toward his front), never allowing him to turn into you or escape the elbow. Trapping the triceps with my chest helps, but is secondary.

Jacked back & neck, so it was just a quick session. Eric emphasized that you grow by visualizing & rehearsing, as well as drilling & rolling.*

Then lunch with Eric.

*Note to self to make more use of grappling dummy.

Mar. 25 StationFit - Treadmill X 40 min., up to 8% at 4 mph.

Mar. 26 StationFit - Lots of mobility for back, including Founder type stretches & then Treadmill.

Stiff back...almost considered calling in sick, but didn't want to do that in my last few shifts on the job. We did have to move a pretty good-sized guy from a chair to his sofa, but that didn't make things any worse.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:30 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

May 12 - NoonJitsu - Open Mat, just me & Eric, so I got a private lesson. Light roll, with breaks for lessons & clarifications.

Front Headlock -> Anaconda, from all fours, can roll toward either trapped arm or free arm. Eric likes free arm, allows better sealing off partner's head for the choke.

Also Cradle:
1 - roll him to his side & smear his near arm into Gift Wrap
2 - roll him onto his back & go to NorthSouth Choke.

Today, I'm so sore in the R hip that I can hardly move. This shit makes me feel old.

May 13 I'm Thor. Yesterday's roll with Eric pissed off my R abductor, so I'm limping around like an old man.

Safeway Gym - Hit the pull up/dip machine, high rack DL, exercise ball for Stir the Pot ab workout. Then a pulley machine for rhomboid isometrics, trying to strengthen the "shoulders back" muscles.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:23 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

May 16 NoonJitsu Open Mat

Rolled with a new guy, Will, a 200 lb'er. I was a bit apprehensive when he talked about his Oly lifting background - he definitely had the strength factor over me. Anyhow, we did a "light roll" that actually was a light roll, for about 45 minutes. I was happy with my guard passes & my half guard entries. He did reverse me a couple times. We both did a sort of catch & release. I could have closed the deal on a Head & Arm Choke, and he maybe could have finished a Kimura. But I'm stoked to have another partner for NoonJitsu.

May 18 NoonJitsu - class on Ankle Locks and Heel Hooks. I haven't worked these before, and have denounced them as Sorcery and the Devil's Work. But now I think I should balance out my game and learn to attack legs as well as arms & necks.

Eric showed how to snap on an Ankle Lock & how to apply superior leverage. Also, figure 4 the arms & face down into mat.
Heel hooks - so much to learn. Quick notes: from Top Butterfly Gd, keep tight inside space, decide which knee to attack, push other knee toward mat & slip my knee behind it, pushing attacked knee toward the mat-knee; reap knee over & across and lace under mat knee & extend it. Get on hip, not butt; be butt to butt.

Mind = boggled. Much to learn & drill.

May 19 Briefly drill Heel Hook entries with grappling dummy.

May 20
AM - Dog Park with dogs, then walk dogs on Milton Trail. Probably more to come.
PM - Safeway gym: pullups + dips on assisted machine, 3 sets, reducing assistance each set; also Bent Row w/ 55 lb DB.

May 21 Retirement Ceremony day - I already give myself permission to fuck off & eat bad food and drink bad drinks. The chances of my making it over to Ring Demon are nil. I'll be drinking at Joey's with my family & peeps.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:36 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

May 27 For some reason, I can't get IG at home, so I've been off the net.

But, been doing walks or JJ every day. Now I'm taking a KB to the Dog Park, so I work in Farmer's Walks, KB Swings, Goblet Squats while the dogs cavort.

Also, I'm using a wood dowel for JJ "hardening" ala Eric Paulson, working on the insides of my forearms. To assist for Kimuras, Guillotines, and Leg Locks. I will add in RNC hardening with a foam roller.

I plan to do at least one Gi class per week. In my sparring, Eric is liking what he's seeing. Yesterday, I got mauled by a kid who's half my age, 25 lbs heavier, and has some skills. But now he's on my list. He'll be a great partner to help me develop.

PS - Post-retirement, sleep is getting better. Now I don't feel sick when I wake up. But I have vivid dreams about still being at work...things are never going quite right in those dreams...nobody's dying, but things are awkward & off-kilter.

May 31

AM - KB SW at dog park & Windmills, which I'm taking slowly. And "hardening" with the dowel.

Noonjitsu - roll Gi with Mike M and Danny. Mike is easier for me to handle in Gi and I am tougher to catch & submit. I caught Danny in a N/S choke; interesting thing is that I had thought about abandoning the choke because it didn't seem to be working.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:21 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

June 4 Saturday Open Mat

I rolled Gi with Terry & Tony. I'm starting to like this Gi stuff - it slows things down to the point where I can see what's going on. Many fewer Mad Scrambles than in No Gi. Gi neutralizes some of the speed & strength of the young bucks.

Did some beautiful sweeps with Terry, trapping his near arm Head Cover & upa-ing/rolling toward 11:00. I'm doing a good job posturing against Triangle attacks, but the Gi work gives my opponents more ways to enter Triangles from the Bottom. My wrestling is pretty good, I'm getting more mobile.

June 7 Five hours getting beat down by Manuel...
...Manuel Labor.

Shoveling & wheelbarrowing dirt in 80 degree temps. I'm not acclimated to this. Was wasted & irritable for the rest of the day.

June 11

Roll Gi with Terry, then Hui (sp. ?).
I executed some nice Guard Passing stuff from my Pablo Popovitch DVD...knee pass to knee in chest to Uhook to Knee Across Pass. At one point, I tried a Single Leg takedown on Terry & put my head down, losing posture. Then, corrected, put my hips in, and completed the takedown. Another time, used good posture to block Terry's takedown. On the second roll with Terry, I sank a nice Head & Arm Triangle. When I came off the mat, some of the guys were nodding their heads "Uh-huh."
Hui - pretty good little grappler (~150 lb.). I "let" him get on top at one point and the fucker was almost impossible to get off. So I just let him finish. Seriously, he had good foot hooks and stymied a lot of my passing game. His Side Control was oppressive and he closed off space so he was tough to attack. He was a much more mobile partner than I'm used to, so my Go To moves like defending the Technical Mount just didn't work with him. He's another guy I can learn a lot from.

Somewhere in there, I also sank a nice North South Choke. I'm liking it.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:28 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

June 13 NoonJitsu

Train with Will. Worked on escape from Bottom Side Control* and escape from Triangle. Not very demanding.

*Uhook, grab butt/knee and heist out/down, then pressure hip with head & knee with hand (push/pull), putting your weight into him.

June 14

At home: TBDL's 4 sets of 3's, increasing weight. Then KB TGU/Windmill/Armbar singles for mobility.

June 16

Gi Evening Class - Trained with Tobias. Eric asked me what I wanted to work on tonight; I said, "Escapes from Bottom All Fours." So we drilled the Peterson Roll. Key points: grab the hand (don't hook the elbow), wind him up on your body by turning to perpendicular, keep head up & roll, looking into his back pocket; roll into top side, keep the hand until you're ready to let go.
If he has one or both legs between your legs, short sit first to get perpendicular.

Also, can short sit to perpendicular, tripod up while blocking his far knee, and run him over because your hips are higher. Knee tap.

June 17 NoonJitsu

Started off drilling hand fighting from having my back taken. Evolved into Back Escapes and a really cool choke.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:02 am 
Sergeant Commanding

June 20 NoonJitsu

No Gi. Drilled escapes & reversals from Bottom Back Take with Will. Then sparred with Jacques, one of our best, most technical guys. He has incredible defense, great control of the inside space. Great roll. I tapped once in ~25-30 minutes, to an inverted Triangle, mostly because I didn't want to hurt my neck by fighting out of it.

I missed a great opportunity to Von Flue choke him when he tried a Guillotine. But he bailed out of the Guillotine a second too soon for me to grab his wrist & make him pay.

June 22 NoonJitsu NoGi

With Will, drill escape from Bottom Side Control when partner is facing you with his hips up. The hip movement is the Secret Sauce.

Also, he drilled chokes & Go Behinds from Front Headlock. I showed him the Schultz Front Headlock Choke. (Have I said how much I like Schultz's Front Headlock DVD?)

June 23 No grappling, clicky shoulder.

TGU->Windmill->Armbar, Singles

Shovel a pile of dirt. Shoulder still clicky. Now, off to the sauna.

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:19 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

June 26 TBDL triples (low handles) - up the weight a bit, feeling it immediately at low ribs in back, and a little in the quads.

Also, I haven't logged it, but I've been experimenting with low carb, high fat eating 5X a week. In 2-3 weeks, lost a belt notch or two. But it may be contributing to a little fatigue & sleepiness. It's tough to say.

June 27

Safeway Gym - Pullup/Dip (decreasing assistance) 10, 8, 6, done circuit-wise between trips to quad ext machine, rear delt row machine, 1arm DB rows, and DB supine pullover stretch. Pull to push ratio about 5:1.

PM - 45 brisk walk with the wife.

June 28 NoonJitsu, NoGi

Roll with Will, starting light. Will has 30 lbs on me, but I have 40 years on him. Anyhow, 3 rounds. 1 - He Keylocked me. 2 - I Darce choked him. 3 - He Omoplata-ed me.

Round One - I was a bit too light-roll and he got Top Position. He used heavy pressure & separated my arm from my body -> Keylock.
Round Two - I was a bit more on my game, took him down with FHL, IIRC. A lot of thrashing around...I used chest pressure to put his near arm into a Gift Wrap. I wanted to take it to a Head & Arm Triangle, but Life gave me the Darce. I'm proud of thinking on my feet and reacting to failed Head & Arm Choke.
Round Three - Some stuff, then he pushed my face & Omoplata-ed me.

Also, in Round One or Two, he had me in a Back Take. I hand fought, rolled him to his back, then pinned one of his legs and "rolled inside the cylinder" to wind up in his Guard. Slick, Eric just taught us this last week.

Later PM - Intro to 1 Arm KB Long Cycle (1ALC): using the 30 & the 40. 1 min. L arm, 1 min. R arm at 10 RPM's. It didn't immediately fire off my funky shoulder, that's good; let's see what tomorrow brings.

Goal: a short workout that increases work capacity & hits the whole body. When things come together, it will probably be the finisher for a cardio walk/run. Or maybe the starter?

June 29 Nada.

June 30 At the Demon gym. Intended to roll with whoever. But as I warmed up, realized that my shoulder was not right, with a noticeable lump on the acromion of my R shoulder. Eric popped it and I spent the remainder of the session working on mobility.

Acupuncture tomorrow.

July 1

July 2

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:43 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
June 26 TBDL triples (low handles) - up the weight a bit, feeling it immediately at low ribs in back, and a little in the quads.

Also, I haven't logged it, but I've been experimenting with low carb, high fat eating 5X a week. In 2-3 weeks, lost a belt notch or two. But it may be contributing to a little fatigue & sleepiness. It's tough to say.

June 27

Safeway Gym - Pullup/Dip (decreasing assistance) 10, 8, 6, done circuit-wise between trips to quad ext machine, rear delt row machine, 1arm DB rows, and DB supine pullover stretch. Pull to push ratio about 5:1.

PM - 45 brisk walk with the wife.

June 28 NoonJitsu, NoGi

Roll with Will, starting light. Will has 30 lbs on me, but I have 40 years on him. Anyhow, 3 rounds. 1 - He Keylocked me. 2 - I Darce choked him. 3 - He Omoplata-ed me.

Round One - I was a bit too light-roll and he got Top Position. He used heavy pressure & separated my arm from my body -> Keylock.
Round Two - I was a bit more on my game, took him down with FHL, IIRC. A lot of thrashing around...I used chest pressure to put his near arm into a Gift Wrap. I wanted to take it to a Head & Arm Triangle, but Life gave me the Darce. I'm proud of thinking on my feet and reacting to failed Head & Arm Choke.
Round Three - Some stuff, then he pushed my face & Omoplata-ed me.

Also, in Round One or Two, he had me in a Back Take. I hand fought, rolled him to his back, then pinned one of his legs and "rolled inside the cylinder" to wind up in his Guard. Slick, Eric just taught us this last week.

Later PM - Intro to 1 Arm KB Long Cycle (1ALC): using the 30 & the 40. 1 min. L arm, 1 min. R arm at 10 RPM's. It didn't immediately fire off my funky shoulder, that's good; let's see what tomorrow brings.

Goal: a short workout that increases work capacity & hits the whole body. When things come together, it will probably be the finisher for a cardio walk/run. Or maybe the starter?

June 29 Nada.

June 30 At the Demon gym. Intended to roll with whoever. But as I warmed up, realized that my shoulder was not right, with a noticeable lump on the acromion of my R shoulder. Eric popped it and I spent the remainder of the session working on mobility.

Acupuncture tomorrow.

July 1 Acupuncture on neck, scap, delt, lat, serratus anterior, and pec minor.

July 2

W.B. Yeats

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next