Convict Conditioning via the Moving Forward Method

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Abandoned by Wolves

Re: Convict Conditioning via the Moving Forward Method

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:05 am

Tuesday July 23rd
Another 105 degree day, so I did a basic circuit in the cool of the basement:

Level I CC Pull: 13-16-14-14-23
Level 3 CC Squats: 13-16-14-14-23
Level I Calf Raises: 13-16-14-14-23
Clubbell Swings : 15-15-15-15-15
Level I Short Bridge (from CC2) x5
Level II Seated Twist (from CC2) x5

It appears my hunch about swings with clubbells is working out. No protests from the S/I or the outer left hip so far, and 75 swings is a LOT of swings compared to what I used to be able to do before things would flare up. Also, it's easier to keep the left shoulder/scapula packed and aligned this way, and that may change the way force is transmitted down my back.

Dinner was Sam The Cooking Guy's "Filipino Pork and Noodle Soup". Browned ground pork,garlic and onions in the stock pot, then added chicken broth and pepper, brought to a simmer, added angel hair pasta and simmered until just tender, then turned off the heat, added some soy sauce and three scrambled eggs. Let it sit and thicken for a minute or two. Served with lime wedges and chopped cilantro and chopped scallions, which absolutely make the soup. I'm sure there are fancier and fussier versions of this soup (Sam Zein is definitely a minimalist), but the payoff for a small amount of effort is amazing.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:48 am

Wednesday July 25th:

Wednesday night movies with "The Boys". Tonight's entry: "Deafula".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123790/

No, that isn't a misprint or a typo. Some lunatic had a vision of a movie filmed and acted in American Sign Language (but dubbed in English for the hearing audience), and he managed to get something put together and released in "SIGNSCOPE" in 1975.

Why a horror movie? I can only guess, but I think it's because he had a tiny budget, and a strong script, acting, and direction can go a long way in the horror genre...or else it's because the creator knew that the performances were going to be marginal (I can't imagine Bela Lugosi or Boris Karloff giving a great performance with their hands going nonstop-90-miles-an-hour - the challenges to the cast of actors must have been daunting) and he hoped strength of the vampire concept would distract his audience from the dead-in-the-water blocking and declaiming going on screen.

Let's see if I can summarize the plot and do it justice....no, I can't. It's a drunken walk of a screenplay, going in a dozen directions and moods. It's like a precocious 12 year old saw a couple Hammer films and immediately sat down and wrote his own script because what he saw was so awesome that he had to process it anyway he could. Or think "pretentious German arthouse film done by someone with endless energy and enthusiasm, but far less talent."

Suffice it to say that the son of a preacher discovers that his real father was Dracula (which should have been obvious, since he kills people and drinks their blood on a regular basis) and the preacher's son confronts Dracula and signs to him "You are Dracula...I am Deafula." Hilarity ensues. Also, Deafula is caught by the police because of his habit of eating peanuts (shells and all).

I'm not going to poke mean fun at the cast and crew here, a bunch of amateurs who had no idea what they were doing but gave it their all. The one exception is the camera guy, who managed to compose some nice, moody shots here and there and managed to mostly distract us from the poverty level special effects, costumes, and blocking.

"Deafula" is very nearly unwatchable - and yet, as Dave Sindelar has pointed out, there is something unique about it - you've never seen anything like it. Whether it's the naivete of the film maker or the strange mental effect of watching incoherent English dubbing over frantic hand waving for nearly 90 minutes, the end result is something that can give you insight about how and why watching a movie can affect you the way it does.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:55 am

Thursday july 26th:

Got started late - wife's birthday was tonight. We'll go out to dinner Saturday night and open her presents, but I wanted to make a fuss on principle, so I made one of her favorites, grilled Rosemary-Mustard pork tenderloin with peaches. (You can find the recipe on the Foodnetworkmagazine.com website.) Yes, it was 100+ degrees out, but I made valuable husband karma points, redeemable later for a free set of luggage. Or smooches.

Got started at 10:00 pm, so I kept it quick and simple:

Kneeling pushups from floor: 7-7-12-12-7-7-24
Level i CC bridge: 7-7-12-12-7-7-24
CC Level II leg raises: : 7-7-12-12-7-7-24
Vertical Lift with 15 lb dumbells: 7-7-12-12-7-7
CC Level 1 L Sit (from chair instead of parallettes) x6
CC level 2 Seated Twist x6

This is following the 7 weeks template - at this point there's a jump from 5 to 7 sets, but the intermediate sets are quite short. It's like they keep the total number of reps the same, but move some of them to the last big set. Worked fine here, managed 24 reps with only the slightest sense of strain.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:19 am

Friday July 27th

Misjudged mu caffeine intake yesterday and ended up getting about 3 1/2 hours of sleep before having to get up and going to to work. Needless to say that I feel like crap tonight, not really up to a workout. Spent 20 minutes practicing the first 6 movements in Sonnon's "Recuper8", than 20 minutes with the Jumpstretch lower body routine and called it good.

Dinnner was leftovers, and I crashed and burned.
Last edited by Abandoned by Wolves on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Saturday July 28th:

Level I CC Pull: 7-7-12-12-7-7-24
Level 3 CC Squats: 7-7-12-12-7-7-24
Level I Calf Raises: 7-7-12-12-7-7-24
Clubbell Swings : 15-15-15-15-15-15
Level I Short Bridge (from CC2) x6
Level II Seated Twist (from CC2) x6

Running late to take my wife out to dinner, so I called it quits there.
OK, that's 90 clubbell swings without a trace of S/I pain, so I may be onto something.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 am

Sunday July 29th (I think)

Kneeling pushups from floor: 7-7-12-12-7-7-25
Level i CC bridge: 7-7-12-12-7-7-25
CC Level II leg raises: : 7-7-12-12-7-7-25
Vertical Lift with 15 lb dumbells: 12-12-12-12-12-12

I think my focus is continuing to improve, along with my technique of what looks like fairly simple exercise...but there's a lot to look at when you are working with a 50+ body that sat at a desk for 20 years and had some preexisting injuries. In this case, I felt a distinct shift in focus with the bridges: my idea has been to make the scaps a "platform" to rock the upper body onto (without kinking or straining the neck), and you do that by (what else) packing the shoulders and drawing the scaps down and back. This time I pulled hard enough that I felt the tug on the problem area in my left S/I lumber region - it could be that I am finally activating tissues that have been stiff/frozen all this time. Will proceed with caution, of course.

Dinner: (From "Time To Grill"): grilled skirt steaks with a chili/brown sugar/cumin/garlic/salt rub, along with some grilled vegetables and a couple ears of corn brushed with butter and wrapped in foil. Amazingly good, and worth sitting out in the 100 degree heat while it cooked (at least I wasn't heating up the kitchen.)

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:22 am

Monday July 30th:

SOMEthing got me good, thinking it was maybe a mild case of food poisoning from a breakfast sandwich today. Fever, sweats, light headedness, nausea, aching muscles, reflux, and a locked up stomach. No diarrhea, though, so thank heavens for small favors. Barely got through the afternoon at work, went home and did the BRATT thing for the evening. Sent an email to QuikTrip, notifying them that they might have a problem in their food supply chain. So no training. I'm dogged, but not stupid.

Tuesday July 31st:
Lingering light headedness, but nothing else, so went back to work.

All the muscle tension and quivering seems to have reactivated my chronic "neck ache" so spent some time on the shoulder health/resistance band routine, and then went to the basement and went though the circuit at 1/2 power:

Level I CC Pull: 7-7-12-12-7-7-25
Level 3 CC Squats: 7-7-12-12-7-7-25
Level I Calf Raises: 7-7-12-12-7-7-25
Clubbell Swings : 16-16-16-16-16
Level II Seated Twist (from CC2) x6

Seem to be OK. Whatever the hell it was, glad it passed - training (or even contracting muscle tissue) wasn't an option.

For dinner: Sam The Cooking Guys baked "chimichitos". Easiest thing to make, like EVER, and brushing the tortillas with oil and them baking them in a 350 F oven gives them a lovely texture that seems to melt in your mouth. If you're willing to make just the tiniest extra effort, you can punch up the canned enchilada sauce with some extra chili powder, cumin, cinnamon powder and oregano. All the cilantro in my local produce section seems to have disappeared for a week now (drought related?) so I substituted green onions/scallions chopped into confetti size to get some freshness and crunch into the dish, and drizzled some fresh lime juice on the chimichitos as they cooled from the oven.

http://thecookingguy.com/cookbook/recipe.php?id=118
Last edited by Abandoned by Wolves on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

vern

Post by vern » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:16 am

Glad you're feeling better ABW.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:47 am

Thanks, Vern. It hasn't happened again, which makes me pretty sure a bad breakfast burrito was at fault.

Thursday August 2nd:

Warm ups with various joint circles, tai chi waist twists, arm pumps, spinal waves, etc. - 10 minutes

Kneeling pushups from floor: 8-8-14-14-8-8-26
Level i CC bridge: 8-8-14-14-8-8-26
CC Level II leg raises: : 8-8-14-14-8-8-26
Vertical Lift with 15 lb dumbells: 14-14-14-14-14-14

Just the slightest sense of strain on the pushups. Noticed during the leg raises that I was letting my shoulders roll forward, concentrated on keeping the scaps drawn back and down on leg raises also....MUCH better. The lower body becomes a solid platform and the lower back is protected better and less strain on the neck.

The moral: yes, there IS a "yoga of calisthentics" if you care enough about what you are doing. Or as one Buddhist writer put it, "The way you do anything is the way you do EVERYthing."

Level i CC bridge: 7-7-12-12-7-7-25
CC Level II leg raises: : 7-7-12-12-7-7-25
Vertical Lift with 15 lb dumbells: 12-12-12-12-12-12

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:38 am

Friday August 3rd:

My weekend has been hijacked by a family wedding I forgot about, so here I am in Hastings in my mother-in-law's guest bedroom to attend a wedding for a part of the in law family that I don't know much about and have no feelings for. Ah, well, that's married life, especially when you marry after 50. Finally got squared away about 9:00 pm and just went out for a walk, down to the local state highway and back, about 4 miles in an hour.Felt good, barely turned a hair, and the temp's finally dropped below 100 today.

Saturday August 4th:
Thought I had all afternoon to get a workout in, but (of course) complications set in due to a favorite nephew coming into town for the wedding but wanting to also give a performance at the local coffee shop at 4:00 (the wedding starts 30 miles away at 7.) And then mother-in-law wants her best friend to be able to come, so we have to leave 30 minutes earlier so we can pick her up from the assisted living facility. Grunt. Well, whatever, skipped over to the park across the street and did whatever CC calisthentics seemed reasonable for 45-50 minutes:

Warm up with joint circles, tai chi waist twists, wood choppers, arm pumps, cherry pickers. etc. 10 minutes
Cobbled together circuit:
CC Level 3 pushups 8-10-12-14
CC Level 1 pulls 8-10-12-14
CC Level 4 squats 8-10-12-14
CC Level 1 bridges 8-10-12-14
CC Level 2 leg raises 8-10-12-14
CC Bent legged double calf raise 8-10-12-14
CC Level 2 Seated Twist(Left and Right) x4

This actually felt pretty good and got most of the megrims out of my system. Got done in plenty of time to shower and pick up the friend and catch my nephew at the coffee shop for a 6 song set. Oddly, Eric (my nephew) makes his living playing double bass for the Hamburg Opera Orchestra and gives master classes in places like Sao Paulo and plays with an up-and-coming Boston chamber orchestra called "A Far Cry"...so watching him play bass with a German progressive folk rock singer was a little like watching Edgar Meyer play behind John Prine.

And we made it to the wedding only 10 minutes late (along with half the invited guests.)

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:22 am

Monday August 6th:

Now that the temperatures are under 100 F at night, doing some more walking on alternate days. Thinking of building up to walking to and from work on M-T-TH-Fri, about 2 hours total each day, which would balance out the calisthentics nicely. 60 minutes out to the 1/2way mark to my job and back.

Tuesday August 7th:

Retrenching for a bit. Spending most of my free time studying for an online class/certification and I'm on call next week. So my goal will be to not lose any ground and groove my technique.

CC Level 3 pushups 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 1 pulls 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 4 squats 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 1 bridges 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 2 leg raises 9-9-15-15-20
CC Bent legged double calf raise 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 2 Seated Twist(Left and Right) x5
CC Level 1 L-Sit x 5

This is more than twice the volume of my original sets back when I started, so I think it's decent progress. Might add a rep or two every couple weeks if I'm able to without exceeding RPE of 6 out of 10.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:43 am

August 7th:

Movies pushed back to Thursday this week, so I walked for 75 minutes, an "out and back" to see how practical walking to work in the morning actually is. It might work - after 40 minutes out, I was only 12+ blocks from the downtown Civic center where I now work.

Paying lots of attention to posture and alignment - the left shoulder keeps wanting to roll forward, and keeping the scap activated and pull down and back makes a big difference. Dammit, I read about this rolling forward shoulder stuff in Pete Egoscue's books 15 years ago - why didn't I figure this out then?

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:35 am

Thursday August 9:

Movie night. Tonight's blast from the past: "Dracula's Daughter", a direct followup by Universal to the original "Dracula" with Bela Lugosi. For a sequel, it's pretty good - has the same actor who played Van Helsing in the first one playing the same character here, now dealing with a possible life sentence for murder. But mostly it's about a woman who seems to be a vampire too (although not actually his biological daughter, only in the psychological sense) who seeks release from her curse, but isn't above sucking blood and hypnotizing and killing people in the meantime. For a horror film, it doesn't actually seem to land too many punches, but it's nice and moody and the actress playing the title character has that Theda Bara quality so common to silent film divas, and manages to be charming and appealing and creepy at the same time.

Friday August 10th:

Man, I am nuts. What with being the sag support for my wife's first full bicycle commute to and from work (nearly 14 miles both ways) and making dinner and what have you, I didn't get started until 10:00 pm. But being accountable keeps me honest.

Warmup: Joint circles, tai chi twisters, cherry pickers, wood choppers, arm pumps, and some resistance band shoulder work.

CC Level 3 pushups 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 1 pulls 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 4 squats 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 1 bridges 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 2 leg raises 9-9-15-15-20
CC Level 2 Seated Twist(Left and Right) x5
CC Level 1 L-Sit x 5

I swear that the properly executed BW squats, seated twists and L-Sits seem to be fixing my hips and lower back over the course of these months. L-Sit suddenly came "alive" for me tonight, got the 'hollowing' ab feeling and figured out that if I try to squeeze my inner thighs together while doing this, the outer hips in back will relax by way of the antagonistic reflex. Bingo - all kinds of muscle activation that I've been missing.

Had some nice cherry tomatoes from a sister-in-law's garden, had some pork tenderloin left over from a previous dish, had some bell peppers and mushrooms in the frig from a recipe I never got around to making, so I made Pam Anderson's version of a "packet" - salmon cubes and pork tenderloin cubes, tossed in a flavoring sauce consisting of barbegue sauce, olive oil, minced scallions, mince garlic, and salt/pepper. The cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and sliced bell peppers were tossed in the remainder of the sauce. Divide the goodies into double layers of foil packets and baking on a baking sheet in a 500 F oven for 15-18 minutes and let cool for another 3. Simple, really good, and absolutely minimal cleanup.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 am

Saturday, August 11th:

I dunno what happened, but both the wife and I were completely wiped out. We helped my sister and her husband move into a new townhouse in the afternoon, went to dinner, and then crashed and burned at 10:00 pm. Helluva thing. Supposed I have even more of this kind of shit to look forward to in the next decade.

Sunday August 12th:

Better, not great. Did a circuit of all the CC exercises, 4 sets of 12 reps for everything and 4 sets of L sits and Seated twists. Will do some variation of this during the upcoming week on call/on line class.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:07 am

Tuesday AUgust 14th:

Just trying to get in enough work to keep from losing ground for 4-6 weeks. Today I did 10-12-14-16 for all 6 exercises, and 4 sets of L-sits and seated twists. That was enough to throw off the grumblies and recharge me a bit.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:56 am

Wednesday was basically a total loss. Got home late, started the online class after dinner and got as much done as I could in between before the damned on call phone going off.

Thursday - practiced Sonnon's new "Recuper8" program. Encouraging development - in the middle of the kneeling twist, I paid heed to Sonnon's injunction to not twist the neck but keep the ears aligned with the shoulders - and I got the most sensational sensation of stretching and activation in my thoracic vertebrae and between the shoulder blades EVER. It was a revelation, and shows that even after 50 I can keep learning and improving.

Friday - 10 Minutes shoulder health routine with resistance bands. 20 minutes Jumpstretch Lower Body Stretch routine. Have to say this is way better than the "Genius Of Flexibility" lower body meridian stretches (and the stuff Dara Torres does (supposedly) in her "Gold Medal Fitness" book) - it's resistance stretching like those routines, same muscles worked in the same way. But this is much easier to implement and much better focused;the resistance bands add an element of control I really like. My entire lower body from the hips on down feels as if it's got fresh blood and energy pumping through it. But it's 11:30 at night and time for bed. At least I ended on a good note.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:29 am

Saturday, AUgust 18th:

3 sets of 15 for everything, 3 sets of L sits and Seated Twists.

Made Salmon Cakes for dinner. More fussy than I really like (involved making mashed potatoes for filler), but a nice way to make a can of wild salmon serve 2-3 people.

Been living on packets this week, since they take about 15 minutes to cook and cleanups a breeze:

Salmon fillets and asparagus pieces/sliced mushroom with a barbecue sauce.
Chicken tenders and bell peppers/sliced mushrooms with a mustard/tarragon/cream sauce
Scallops and zucchini/yellow squash/green beans with a soy/sesame/rice vinegar sauce.

Packet cooking (in aluminum foil) is a life saver. I always recommed to my bachelor and over-scheduled married friends that they track down Alton Brown's "The Pouch Principle" on Youtube. My stuff was from Pam Andersons' "The Perfect Recipe For Losing Weight And Feeling Great", which actually seem better to me that what AB does...but it's a brilliant episode.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:31 am

Monday August 20:
Finally done with the on call rotation. Breaking back into the routine tonight:

12-16-16-10 for all six CC exercises followed by L-Sits and Seated Twists.

Followup with the 1st half of Sonnon's "Recuper8" routine.

Resume walking tomorrow.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:02 am

Tuesday August 21st:

Misjudged my caffeine intake yesterday and paid the price - got about 4 1/2 hours sleep. Dragging my ass today at work.

Kept the walk fairly mild to compensate: 45 minute walk. 20 Minutes Jumpstretch lower body routine to supplement it.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Wednesday, August 22:

Spent rougly an hour practicising Recuper8 and playing with upper body resistance band stuff.

Thursday August 23rd:

Warmup: Various joint circles, tai chi waist twists, arm pumps, cherry pickers etc.

30 minutes free form CC2 circuit with sets of 15-18-22 until I ran out of time and needed to go back and look at Network+ stuff. It's a good thing my routine is so flexible at this point, or there are entire M-F blocks of days where I would never be able to get to it.

Dinner: Beer braised chicken with pearl onions, small red potatoes and BACON. Sauce the chicken thighs were braised in was a nice 12 oz bottle of nut brown ale, whole grain mustard, brown sugar and an extra cup of water. Added parsley and bacon bits/lardon's in the last 5 minutes. Served with crusty bread, this was a killer dish. Foodnetwork.com will have it somewhere.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Friday: Another total loss. To be fair, I probably walked over 3 miles at work, going to various places in the Civic Center and Hall Of Justice, plus walking to lunch. But wife's seasonal "choir party" started at 6:00, and there was no way to skip it (even though I'm not a member of the choir, or even her church...you know how it is).

Saturday: A little more like it. Slept about 10 1/2 hours, managed to get back into the circuit:
Warmup with shoulder resistance band exercises and joint circles, 10 minutes

CC Level 4 squats 9-9-15-15-9-25
CC Level 3 pushups 9-9-15-15-9-15
CC Level 1 bridges 9-9-15-15-9-15
CC Level 2 leg raises 9-9-15-15-9-15
Seated Twist x6

Straight set make me crazy after a while,so I'm going back to the "7 Weeks" wave method. But I think what I'll do is only do the maximum rep set for two of the exercises each day, and try to do a variation of the circuit 6 days a week. That way, I'll get the "recharge" effect and the "Grease the Groove" effect without wearing my self out or taking too long to complete.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:38 am

Sunday August 26th:

The online class is going well - passed the 4th quiz for 4 lessons out of 12 - and I got 10 hours of sleep again last night, so maybe I can make this whole thing work.

CC Level 4 squats 10-10-15-15-10-15
CC Bent legged double calf raise 10-10-15-15-10-15
CC Level 3 pushups 10-10-15-15-10-15
CC Level 1 pulls 10-10-15-15-10-15
CC Level 1 bridges 10-10-15-15-10-26
CC Level 2 leg raises 10-10-15-15-10-26

Level I L-sit x3 (after the 1st three circuits)
Level 2 Seated Twist x3 (after the last three circuits)

Made roasted skillet turkey tenderloins with roasted vegetables. I wanted a skin on boneless turkey breast, but all I could find were some prepackaged tyson turkey tenderloins with a shitty "Italian herb" pre-flavoring - not nearly as good results as using a dry rub with garlic, marjoram, salt and pepper. But it was still pretty good, and I was cooking dinner.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Mondau August 27th:

Not really tired from the previous two days, so I think I am on the right track.

Joint circle and mobility stuff. Practiced most of Recuper8 and spent 15 minutes on the Jumpstretch lower body routine.

Finished off the turkey tenderloins and veggies for dinner, along with a nice easy cheddar risotto. Desset was fresh peach slices tossed with balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and fresh ground pepper. Peaches are only in season for about a month, but man, when they're here, they are a treat.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Tuesday August 28th:

My wife has started riding her bike on the Omaha trails after work instead of coming straight home, so I am going to try to get my training in during this hiatus. Nice, because it's like the old high school football and college crew workouts of old.

CC Bent legged double calf raise 10-10-15-15-10-15
CC Level 4 squats 10-10-15-15-10-25
CC Level 1 bridges 10-10-15-15-10-15
CC Level 2 leg raises 10-10-15-15-10-15
CC Level 3 pushups 10-10-15-15-10-26

Level I L-sit x3 (after the 1st three circuits)
Level 2 Seated Twist x3 (after the last three circuits)

I think limiting the max rep sets to 2 exercises each time is going to work well, at least for a while (6-8 weeks, right?)

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Wednesday September 5th

On vacation for a week in a cabin by a lake 5 miles south of North Platte, NE. Pleased with my self - did the CC circuit for 5 days out of the 6 I was on vacation, and the off day I practiced Recuper8 and went for a walk. (The lake area is really set up for boats and for cars, not walking.) The idea of limiting myself to 2 max sets each workout makes them mentally tolerable and I don't seem to burn out. Max set is now 28 reps, work sets are 12-12-17-17-12-17 or max.