Convict Conditioning via the Moving Forward Method

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Abandoned by Wolves

Re: Convict Conditioning via the Moving Forward Method

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Hmmm, I may have spoken too soon. Patellar tendons seem to have gotten a bit irritated since I came back from vacation - I stopped the circuit after the 3rd round because the knees, they were a -barkin'.

So...maybe either go back to a "split" where I don't squat every day. More warm up, and less slavish devotion to the idea of a complete circuit. The "progression standard" to move from FW BW squats to "close" squats is 2 sets of 30, and I've been doing between 70-100 total - maybe start working in close squats in later rounds rather than the high volume I've been doing. More Jumpstretch lower body work and more foam roller work.

Resumed the "Walk To Work And Back" project today - 30 minutes out and 30 minutes back on my proposed route. Pleased to note that there is a distinct carryover effect from CC circuits to walking - barely turned a hair walking a decent pace in 90 degree heat.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Sunday - repeated the walk, plus 2 blocks. 15 minute followup with Jumpstretch lower body routine.

Monday: Serious head cold. Called in sick and spent the day pumping Vitamin C, hot tea, and roasted garlic soup.

Tuesday: A little better. Basic CC circuit, 12-15-18 reps with L sits and Seated twists at the end of each round. Over in 35 minutes, which is about right for working out in the depths of a summer cold.

Made "Pasta Nicoise" with potato slices and mafalda pasta and small green beans, tossed with tuna, diced tomatoes, capers, red wine vinegar and oil, and topped with hard boiled egg slices.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:56 pm

I seemed to have gotten past the worst of the cold in near record time (for me,at least). I credit this to being a lazy fuck who does the bare minimum I need to maintain my self respect and health. Tried doing "Close Stance" squats for sets of 5 as recommended as the next progression in CC - not sure about this. Yes, more effort in the quads, balance is a little trickier...not sure how related this is to actually getting stronger. We will see, won't we?

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:43 am

Wednesday night - movie night with The Boys. Tonight's feature, by popular demand: the original 1931 "Frankenstein" with Boris Karloff and Colin Clive. Actually, I had never seen the actual movie - just clips and excerpts on various documentaries, etc. Well, seeing it for the first time, all the way through, with a good DVD copy on a big flat screen TV? Wow. Just...wow.

Thursday, September 13th: Our 14 year old dog collapsed in the backyard tonight. Emergency trip to the vets, and well, the dog didn't come back. She hadn't really been eating for several weeks no matter how we tried to bribe her, and her legs didn't seem to be working very well, and, well...it wasn't really a surprise, but my wife was heartbroken (it was her dog, adopted from the pound 14 years ago), so things were on hold.

Around 10:00 pm, did joint circles, cherry pickers, tai chi waist twists, arm pumps etc for 10 minutes. Upper body shoulder health routine with bands for 10 minutes, lower body Jump Stretch routine for 15 minutes.

FWIW, it seems to me that resistance band exercises may be the single best thing older people can do for their tissue health and mobility. Nothing else seems to keep my recurring neck pain and hip/SI issues at bay quite as well (although the CC "Active Static" exercises certainly seem to help).

Knees are calming down after being somewhat irritated by high volume BW. Will think about best way to proceed. Not giving up on CC - the convenience of it, and the stress release and energy enhancement are obvious to me, and I've come to look forward to my circuits.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Sorry about the pooch, AbW.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Abandoned by Wolves wrote: resistance band exercises may be the single best thing older people can do for their tissue health and mobility
That seems to be Andy's opinion also.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:06 am

Yes, as annoying as it is to admit it, our Grand Old Fart nailed it.

Friday, Sept 14:

Cautiously working next level CC progressions into the mix for a while.

Joint circles, cherry pickers, tai chi waist twists, arm pumps etc for 10 minutes
CC Level I Bridges: 2x13; Level II bridges (ie, bridge into plank), 2x10.
CC Level II Leg Raises: 2x13; Level III Leg Raises (straight-legged from floor): 2x9
CC Level III Pushups: 2x13; Level IV Pushups (half pushups, touching sternum to resistance ball): 2x8
CC Level IV Full Range Squats: 2x13; Level V (close stance) 2x10
CC Level I Calf Raises: 2x20; Level II (Bent Two Legged Calf Raises on Stairs): 2x10
CC II Seated Twistx4

Hoping this is the right blend of warmup, basics, and a bit of intensity. Must keep reminding myself not to get greedy when things are going well.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:36 am

Walked my proposed route to work early this evening. 50 minutes of steady, purposeful walking got me to within 12 blocks of the office (last 10 blocks of that appear to be all downhill - I can see it in the distance). Sat on a bench and people watched Midtown foot traffic for a few minutes, and then walked back. Felt like a million bucks afterwards, and even during.

Dinner: Coated a coho salmon fillet with a mixture of mayonaisse, mustard, orange zest and parsley and roasted in the oven at 500 F for 12 minutes (per "The Cheating Chef's Secret Cookbook). Also tossed some cauliflower and broccoli florets in oil and salt and roasted them in a 2nd baking sheet (put them in before hand at 425 F for 10 minutes, then increased the oven heat and put in the salmon.) This is an old French trick that keeps the fillet moist and tender and adds a serious kick to the flavor.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:53 am

Sunday, Sep 16th:

Walked the alternate route to work early Sunday evening and discovered that 50 minutes of walking actually got me there. Not sure how that happened - they are both east and north the same number of blocks ??? Anyway, 50 minutes out and 50 minutes back, plus 15 minutes of Jumpstretch lower body routine on Sunday evening.

What got me started on this was a bit from John MacDonald's novel "The Green Ripper", where the book's hero, Travic McGee, proposed the McGee Fitness Routine For Earnest Office Workers : Until you can walk for 2 hours and cover 6 miles or so without any real strain or effort, you have no business messing around with strenous regimes and fitness routines. I would say that 80-90% of my peer group, or even Americans 10-20 years younger than me, can't pass that progression standard. I myself had gotten out of the habit of walking when I took my 9-5 M-F day job, and the capacity was starting to slip away from me. Nice to be getting it back.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:50 am

Monday Sept 17th:

Joint circles, cherry pickers, tai chi waist twists, arm pumps, hip "windshield wipers", "nutcrackers", "Shin boxes" etc for 20 minutes
CC Level I Bridges: 2x13; Level II bridges (ie, bridge into plank), 2x10.
CC Level II Leg Raises: 2x13; Level III Leg Raises (straight-legged from floor): 2x10
CC Level III Pushups: 2x13; Level IV Pushups (half pushups, touching sternum to resistance ball): 2x10
CC Level III Bootstrappers: 2x13; Level V (close stance) 2x10
CC Level I Calf Raises: 2x15; Level II (Bent Two Legged Calf Raises on Stairs): 2x10
CC II Seated Twistx4
CC Level I L sitsx4

This may work. Enough volume to warm me up and loosen me up in the early stages, and some relatively low rep, more strength oriented final sets with fewer reps. Including the hip warmup stuff on the floor takes a little more time, but I think its worth it.

Dinner: From "Grill This, Not That": Sirloin steak cut into cubes, small red potatoes and small bella mushrooms: threaded on skewers, grilled on coals for 5 minutes each side; basted with steak/horseradish sauce on the grill and reserves on the top when served, along with a green salad on the side. (I boiled the potatoes for 10-12 minutes before skewering); sauce was ketchup, honey, dijon mustard, brown sugar, Worchestershire sauce and horseradish mixed together. This worked nicely, and I'm finally getting the "feel" for using charcoal and letting it take long enough to get really hot before I start grilling.
Last edited by Abandoned by Wolves on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:55 am

Tuesday, Sep 18th:

Really sore and tired, but I think it's a combination of hours sleep and after effects of the L-Sits. Just did Sonnon's "Recuper8", which takes about an hour if you do everything. It's doing good things for my hips and ankles.

Dinner: Milk Braised Pork Loin and roasted cauliflower and broccoli tossed with balsamic vinegar. You should be so lucky as to have something this good and delicious. And dead simple - it just requires about 90 minutes (From "The Dutch Oven Cookbook" by way of Marcella Hazan.)

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:00 am

Thursday Sep 20th:

Hour walk, down to the Field Club trail, some time actually on it, and back. 20 minutes Jumpstretch lower body routine - my left psoas and quads are barking at me just a bit, nothing I can't handle, but I don't want it to get worse - the quad stretch in the JS routine goes right after the trouble spot.

Dinner: Sausage and Potato packets, from "Fast Food My Way" by Jacques Pepin. This is actually just about the only recipe from that book I still use - as much as I respect JP and enjoy his shows on NET3, I just don't care for his recipes that much. But this is a good one, and dead easy.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:47 am

Hmm, I seem to be wandering from my original plan. Well, the modification while I'm working on Network+ certification was to not lose too much ground, and I think I'm holding fairly steady. More walking is obviously a good thing, especially if I can do urban hiking and exploration and save money on gas and parking.

Goofy thing; It's almost 1 am, and I really want to do pushups. I'm always gonna be a night owl.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:20 am

Joint circles, cherry pickers, tai chi waist twists, arm pumps, hip "windshield wipers", "nutcrackers", "Shin boxes" etc for 20 minutes.

The "Feel" of this circuit is supposed to mimic that of the 5 Tibetans, only more rigorous:

CC Level I Bridges: 2x15; Level II bridges (ie, bridge into plank), 2x10.
CC Level II Leg Raises: 2x15; Level III Leg Raises (straight-legged from floor): 2x10
CC Level III Pushups: 12,15; Level IV Pushups (half pushups, touching sternum to resistance ball): 2x10
CC Level IV BW Squats: 2x16; Level V (close stance) 2x10
CC Level I Calf Raises: 2x20; Level II (Bent Two Legged Calf Raises on Stairs): 2x10
The "Pump" (Downward Dog alternating with Upward Dog).
CC II Seated Twistx4
CC Level I L sits x4

I discovered an isolated little alcove in the basement at work today that I think will be ideal for my workouts,if I do them after 5:00 pm and before going home. It's ideal in that there a couple of pipes to do chins and pullups and hanging exercises for grip development (part of the CC II book series). My stuff has been lacking in pullups and chinups - Level I pulls are too easy and it's suprisingly difficult to find bars, pipes etc to use for the more rigorous stuff.

Also I can do mobility stuff in there on my breaks. What a lucky break - it was getting hard to fit everything in, and I didn't want to be one of these fanatics who do nothing BUT exercise. With a little scheduling mojo and a bit of discpiline, I might be able to urban hike and progress in mobility and strength in the fall and winter months.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Saturday Sept 22:

Walking the route to and from work is very practical, but it isn't very refreshing. Leavenworth, Farnam and St Mary go through some of the scrubbiest, dingiest sections of Omaha (not dangerous, just dingy) and car traffic is a pain sometimes. So I got on the Big Papio trail and did 55 minutes out and 55 minutes back. Ahhh, much better. Just a little tired and foot sore afterward, but I felt like a million bucks and slept like a rock that night.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Sunday: Complete fuckery. Various things collaborated to keep me running errands or playing family man/husband all day. That's OK, family comes first and I slept fine anyway. Watched "Samson vs. the Vampire Women" to insure happy dreams at end of day.

Dinner: Tacos "al pastor" from "Grill This, Not That!": marinated slices of pork loin in white vinegar, OJ, adobo sauce, minced garlic, chopped onion, cinnamon, chile powder for a couple hourse, then grilled 'em and served in cornmeal tacos with mashed avocado/salsa verde base and grilled pineapple slices on top with a squeeze of lime juice.

Oh, and "dessert tacos", with flour tortillas brushed with butter, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, grilled until crisp, then filled with a scoop of ice cream, the last of the fresh peaches (chopped), a dash of honey, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little powdered sugar.

Damn, some days I impress myself.

Monday, Sept 24th:

Think the "alcove" is going to work out. Did 10 minutes general mobility and warm up in the morning, 15 minutes in the late afternoon, along with hanging from the pipe for 5x15 seconds. Plan to do more when I get home, but this really helped shake off the 'blahs' and is sending me home feeling pretty good.

Update:Sunday evening

70 minute walk with my wife after dinner. Some fairly hilly cityscape, but the weather is so cool and inviting that we just motored along. Got home and did 15 minutes Jumpstretch lower body band routine, plus the hip drills from Recuper8.

Dinner: From a fairly new acquisition, "The Parchment Cookbook"; Tilapia fillets with chopped pecans/melted butter/OJ/brown sugar/lemon juice/corn starch drizzled over each fillet. Wrapped in parchment paper and baked on a baking sheet at 400 F for 10-12 minutes...and a green salad on the side.

Holy crap, this was amazing. I've done salmon packets before, and they're always good, but I've never cared that much for tilapia...until now. The fish was amazingly moist, tender, and flavorful. And the sauce turned into ambrosia. I can't believe how well this turned out.

Anyone living a pressure packed, no-time-to-cook life owes it to themselves to discover how to cook in packets/pouches, and this book would be a great place to start.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:22 am

Tuesday Sep 25th:

Early afternoon break in the alcove at work:

Hanging From Bar I (from CC2): 15 seconds x 5
Bent knee Two Legged Calf Raises: Level I 20;20; Level 2 (from stairs) 10;10
(update: Upon review, realized I ought to be balancing the bar hangs with fingertip pushups. Next time for sure.)

Cherry pickers,Wood Choppers, Tai Chi Waist turners, Chest openers and Hip Circles

At home in the evening after finishing supper dishes
Tibetan Rite "Spins" 3x20
Tibetan Rite II Dynamic camel stretch
CC Level I Bridges: 2x15; Level II bridges (ie, bridge into plank), 2x10.
CC Level II Leg Raises: 2x15; Level III Leg Raises (straight-legged from floor): 2x10
CC Level III Pushups: 12,15; Level IV Pushups (half pushups, touching sternum to resistance ball): 2x10
CC Level IV BW Squats: 12,15,20
The "Pump" (Downward Dog alternating with Upward Dog) 3x10.
CC II Seated Twistx3
CC Level I L sits x3

I figured out the "barking knee" was being caused by the remnant of a quad strain just over the patellar tendon - from 18 years back - it was tightening up and pulling on the tissues below it. Some intelligent pressure on the site where the tiniest remnant of the original tear was, and the referred pain calmed down. So, back to it. *Sigh of relief*

Dinner was Sam the Cooking Guy's Filipino Pork And Noodle Soup (by my wife's request - she was feeling achy and in need of some comfort food) and his Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese salad. Roasting even mediocre romas tossed with garlic, oil, salt and italian herb bland and tossing them with crumbled goat cheese on top of mixed market greens creates a treat - almost like having a tomato pie in your salad.
Last edited by Abandoned by Wolves on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:32 am

Double post, accidentally quoted myself while editing the previous post. Well, it's 10:30 pm. :drinkers:

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:13 am

Wednesday Night: Took the final for my online Network+ prep course and passed it. Had several glasses of petite syrah to celebrate. Now to do a bit of review and sign up for the actual test.

Thursday Sep 27th:

In the alcove at work:
Bar Hangs (4x15 sec) and Finger Tip Pushups I (against a wall) 4x6.
Hip Circles, neck mobility stuff, cherry pickers, arm pumps, Tai Chi waist twists etc, 12 minutes

Home after work:

Tibetan Rite II Dynamic camel stretch 3x15
CC Level I Bridges: 2x15; Level II bridges (ie, bridge into plank), 1x10.
CC Level II Leg Raises: 2x15; Level III Leg Raises (straight-legged from floor): 1x10
CC Level III Pushups: 13,18; Level IV Pushups (half pushups, touching sternum to resistance ball): 1x10
CC Level IV BW Squats: 12,15,20
The "Pump" (Downward Dog alternating with Upward Dog) 3x10.
CC II Seated Twistx3
CC Level I L sits x3

Noticed (after living in the house for 3 years and 7 months) that the main support cross beam in the basement allows for a rope or a sling to go over it and under the ceiling joists at a couple spots, so I can hang a Jungle Gym or TRX unit etc down here after all. Between the pipes at work and this new resource, I may be able to get a balanced upper body program after all.

Late evening (9:30 or so): The night air was just too beautiful to waste. Decided to go for a recreational walik.

Picked a convenience store with a nice wine selection 30 minutes away on foot and walked there and back, 70 minutes total (including 10 to buy a bottle of blended red called "Menage a Trois".
Dinner: Root Beer Beef and Broccoli and Cous Cous in parchment paper. Actually, the marinating sauce is root beer, Worchestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, and lots of fresh ground black pepper. Not quite the knockout that the tilapia with butter/orange/pecan sauce was, but unusual darkly sweet sauce (which the couscous soaked up nicely) added a nice finish to the sirloin strips - heavy use of fresh ground black pepper made it interestingly complex. Next time I make, I'll try browning the sirloin strips after marinating them and before putting them in the pouch - that'll add some crispness and help the texture even more.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Friday, Sep 28th

Total collapse. Barely made it through the day and home, couldn't work up the energy to do anything. In bed by 10:30. Don't think it was overdoing the workout as much as the demands of my new post, and some problems with caffeine dependency. Have to address that soon before it becomes a real problem.

Dinner: Kept it simple. Spread some sun-dried tomato pesto on a tortilla, filled with left over roasted vegetables, left over roasted chicken, some shredded mozzarella, heated through on a skillet on medium heat, folded it in half, cut in segments, and called it a quesadilla. For my wife, mixed some light mayo with balsamic vinegar, topped with roasted veggies and chicken, 1/2 cup shredded parmesan (left over from another dish), heated as before and she had her own quesadilla.

Saturday Sep 29
Wasted most of the morning trying to get some documents processed and signed and verified to settle one more aspect of my late mother's estate. Turns out the old girl has some money in blue chip stocks, and we were all beneficiaries, but trying to do the right things in the right order to make the Feds and T Rowe Price happy is like pulling teeth - no one seems to know exactly what we need beforehand, including one of our lawyers and a very nice and helpful banker. Well, one more try next week ought to do it.

30 Minute walk on the Keystone trail to get my sanity back.

Tibetan Rite II Dynamic camel stretch
Bootstrappers and One Legged toe touches: as many as felt good.
CC Level I Bridges: 2x15; Level II bridges (ie, bridge into plank), 1x10.
Hindu Pushups from knees: 12,15,18
Spinal Rolls (a la Sonnon and Maxwell) 12,15,18
Shoulder dislocates with band: 12, 15,15

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:35 am

Sunday Sept 30

90 minute walk on the Field Club trial and several times around the 1 mile loop on the Veteran's Administration Hospital campus that connects to it.

Monday Oct 1

20 minutes Jumpstretch Lower Body routine; 10 minutes various hip and ankle mobs from Rucuper8.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:08 am

Tuesday October 2nd:

OK, I think I've got this dialed. I like this format based on the "feel" of the 5 Tibetan Rites complemented by supplementary CC exercises, band work, some of Sonnon's stuff, and walking. It covers a lot of bases, and can be done is a progressive manner. Proceed patiently, and according to the original idea of adding reps to the exercise with seems easiest once every two weeks. Do supplementary "pulling" and bar hanging stuff on the off days in the alcove at work, along with some extra general purpose mobility stuff.

10 minutes warm up: hip circles, arm pumps, cherry pickers, tai chi waist twists, neck work, wood choppers, etc.

Tibetan Rite "Spins" 2x20
Tibetan Rite II Dynamic camel stretch 2x18
CC Level I Bridges: 2x18.
CC Level II Leg Raises: 2x18
CC Level III Pushups: 2x18
CC Level I Calf Raises: 2x20 (per CC2, add 5 reps every week, and another set every month until 4x100).
CC Level IV BW Squats: 2x18
The "Pump" (Downward Dog alternating with Upward Dog) 2x10.
CC II Seated Twistx3
CC Level I L sits x3
Will add the four corner balance drill and sometimes do bootstrappers and one legged toe touches in place of squats.

Finished with some time working the "tactical frog" series. The big restriction seems to be in the left ankle/medial arch, and probably explain a lot of the imbalance problems. Will try to end every session with extra work for the hips or the feet.

Dinner: Caribbean Rice and Beans from "Flavor First". I actually picked this book from a used bookstore because I wanted the recipe for "sofrito" sauce, but this looked interesting. Also picked up some cornmeal crusted tilapia fillets from the sea food counter and baked for 20 minutes at 350. Pretty good, not awesome. For a book entitled "Flavor First", the writer seems to under season things.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Wednesday am:

General standup mobility routine in the alcove at work, plus

fIngertup pushups against wall: 8,8,8
Bar Hangs: 3x15 seconds
Bentlegged 2 legged calf raises: 3x20

Movie night: "Eyes Without A Face" ("Yeux Sans Visage"). French classic horror film, incredible sense of alienation and angst and craziness without ever seeing a drop of blood being spilled. Later films using this theme (surgeon tries to keep his loved one's beauty intact by taking the lives of young women) could be goofy fun (I'm thinking of "Atom Age Vampire" especially), but this one sets the bar.
Last edited by Abandoned by Wolves on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:50 am

Thur October 3rd:

Did tons of walking at work today and moving PCs and wheeling things around on carts, and was on my feet and standing all day at my workstations.
AM:
General standup mobility routine in the alcove at work, plus

Fingertup pushups against wall: 8,8,8
Bar Hangs: 3x15 seconds
Bentlegged 2 legged calf raises: 3x20

PM:

15 minutes Jumpstretch lower body routine
15 minutes hip and ankle series from "Recuper8"
Tactical Frog progressions alternating with 2x20 CC Level III pushups because I wanted to do something for my upper arms.

Will do lower body CC stuff tomorrow and go for a decent (hour plus) walk.

Dinner: "The Cheating Chef's Secret Cookbook", tomato and sausage risotto, (with spinach stirred in at the last minute,followed by parmesan cheese and butter) made on the stovetop in my 4 qt Dutch oven. Used turkey Italian style sweet sausage and damned if I could tell the difference from pork. Yes, all the stirring of the rice for 25 minutes, adding a cup of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce at a time was a pain in the butt. But boy, I got a risotto to remember out of the deal. Served with broccoli salad straight from the Hy-Vee salad bar as a side.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:22 am

Friday Oct 6th:

Warm Up: Shoulder band resistance exercises, joint circles, cherry pickers, wood choppers, tai chi waist turns, arm pumps, etc for 15 minutes.

Tibetan Rite "Spins" 2x20
Tibetan Rite II Dynamic camel stretch 2x20
CC Level I Bridges: 2x20.
CC Level II Leg Raises: 2x20
CC Level IV BW Squats: 2x20
The "Pump" (Downward Dog alternating with Upward Dog) 2x11.
CC II Seated Twistx3
CC Level I L sits x3 - Really starting to get the hang of these, managing to recruit more muscle fibers every time I try them.