xx::xx::xx::IRON ROBE::xx::xx::xx

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: xx::xx::xx::IRON ROBE::xx::xx::xx

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:23 am

2012.12.26PM; jiu-jitsu...trained with a solid blue belt for a half an hour as my warm up, working on getting to the back and forcing myself to finish. I have a very bad habit of squandering that position, kinda half knowing I will end up mounting or in side control, which are stronger finishing positions for me. Anyway, I stuck with it and got the finish, but I did almost get fucked up when I crossed my ankles, which is a huge noob move. Humbling.

After that, class was all berimbolo rolls to various sweeps and a nice transition to a drop single, where you finish on the outside in perfect leg drag position. I fucking hate those berimbolo rolls, I swear to God, but the rest of the moves were basically off the reverse DLR and resulting foot trap style half guard. That's a position I play a lot and I liked the ideas.

Finished with more sparring. Only thing I can comment on is I hit a clean sumi-gaeshi and a fucking badass hiza-guruma after feinting for osoto-gari. It was a pure ippon, the cleanest feeling in martial arts. From six feet to zero inches in a breath. The rest was just groundwork.

Aloha!
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:21 pm

2012.12.28PM; jiu-jitsu...taught a class on working against an armed assailant, focusing on debilitating throws.

Many of the counters to armed attack--in this case we were using clubs--are variations on judo throws which are designed to either make it impossible to breakfall, to include a limb destruction as part of the throw, or both. This is an important point of variance between GJJ and judo, as Kano removed all such throws when he developed judo, but which were common in the old jujutsu ryuha.

After that, some sparring. I am in a holding pattern through the New Year, when visitors will leave, my social calendar will essentially disappear, and I can reorient myself.

Aloha!
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:32 pm

2012.12.29AM; a half hour of taijiquan out by the herb garden, then the Maxwell Health & Well Being Kettlebell routine. Time for that was 15:06.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:58 pm

2012.12.30AM; 6 mile hike and swimming with the family.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:32 am

2012.12.31PM; final workout for the year, osss...

1. One Hand Snatch 3 x 10/10 @ 24 kg
2. Two Hand Clean & Press 3 x 10/10 @ 2 x 24 kg
3. One Hand Swing 3 x 10/10 @ 24 kg
4. Two Hand Jerk 3 x 10.10 @ 2 x 24 kg

Time - 35:42

...followed by a half an hour of taijiquan. I wish you all happiness in the year to come.

Aloha!