Punch The Clock - Now With IF and Barefoot Training

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Punch The Clock - Now With IF and Barefoot Training

Post by Dunn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Glad to see you still kicking.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Thanks.

Shit, one week into it and I'm already a week behind.

Basically, I am alternating nights of going to the local health club and doing Joe Franco's "Agile 11" as a warmup, then doing dips, leg raises and calf raises in a superset, and then doing kettlebell swings, goblet squats, and pushups, as a superset (basically Dan John's "Humane Burpee", followed by either 5-10 minutes of reverse TGUs or loaded carries.

Alternate nights I do mobility and stretching with Jumpstretch bands for 25-30 minutes, a bit of Indian Club swinging, and some barefoot walking around the block a few time.

It seems to be working - I have shaken off some of the lethargy that posessed me this winter and am feeling pretty scrappy for a 56 year old.

Boring details to follow.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Bobby wrote:How`s the dog? still getting those long walks in?
Oh yeah. 90 minute walks barely puts a dent in his energy level, but fortunately he now has a buddy next store to play dog games with on a regular basis.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man