The sword that purifies. The Dark for Light.

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

The sword that purifies. The Dark for Light.

Post by DARTH » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:29 am

Sat 2 hours Jujutsu/Combatives

We split the class 3 ways.

Crom taught projection throws.

Lord Stomp taught brutality.

I taught Ippon Seo Nage into Juju Gatamae and then reversal.

Later my son and I played with sticks for 45 minutes. Mean little fucker was coming in hard with his fencing lunges. :axe:

Today

1hour of weapons in the park.

Not feeling it and was becoming mean to do what I needed to so I cut it short.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The sword that purifies. The Dark for Light.

Post by DARTH » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Last Thursday we chose to train in a local park, Crom led class, it was great. Mostly Pikiti Tarsia techniques, concepts and drills.

I add libed with with Darth Stomp into some cool stuff.

Saturday

10am -12am Jujutsu/Combatives

We did another outdoor class at my place.

Worked instinctive action to flowing punch responses.

Then Crom and I went north and trained with the Stick Borgs for a few hours.

They started with a good conditioning workout and then we focused on double stick pattern drills.

Learned a good bit, it was a great time.

Sunday

Spent 3 hours pushing limbs around and stacking firewood.

Monday

Tuesday.

Jujutsu/Combatives 2 hours. Continued Saturday's theme.

Weds.

Trained the boys. Ogoshi was the main throw. One boy really has it, another is hit and miss and the third is having a hard time with it.

I used a different breaking and entering technique and had an improvement in everyone.

Then we worked some classic self defence Jujutsu and some footwork evasion and entry into Aiki jujutsu against fore and backhand club attacks.

Kettle bells today.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Thu May 02, 2013 2:27 am

Trained the boys today. Just 2 of them.

We worked Ukemi and getting on your feet in a way the that allows you fighting options at every stage of ascension.

We worked throws, with a double major in Ogoshi and Ippon Seo Nage and a bit of O Uchi and Ko Uchi Gari and the ever present Osto Gari

Then we worked simple Oopa Mount escape and a basic guard reversal for 15 minutes.

We finished with a traditional Jujutsu approach to a power backhand knife across the throat or face with Ikyu into a Kensetsu waza, using the Kote Giash to strip the tanto into your hand, cross kneeling take down into face down shoulder and arm pin.

The first part the movement followed the old definition of Kata's principles of Uke coming in with a true attack of correct vector, targeting, and movement principles of the prescribed assult but with the ability to vary the speed and power from 20% to 100%. (The boys were at 30 to 60% ) Nage responds in kind to the point of securing the Kensetsu waza and then slowing down when he goes into the submission.

He then returns to speed with the take down and then Uke was instructed to fight like Hell to get out of the face down shoulder and arm pin.

We then did a quick review.

Later on my son and I were messing around on the trampoline with some stick and Fencing work and it turned into a good little Tramp Judo session and my boy was able to get into it because being thrown did not hurt and he perforemd real well when doing Randori.

He has a mean Osoto Gari.

After we were done I messed around with some jumps and such and regret right now not doing Yoga earlier.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sat May 04, 2013 2:35 am

Went at 20 - 40% with double and single stick during a session with a student this morning.

I took my daughter for a walk before we met the boys at school and walked them home.

A different student came over around 3:30 to 5:15.

We worked double and singl stick, stick and knife and knife.

We worked drills , co op sparring and light sparring.

And hour later I walked with my son while he rode his bike.

Jujutsu tomorrow.

We have 40 minutes of Throws and Ground technique, 40 moreEasy Sparring (Boxing for cheats) and 40 of who knows? in the morning.

Time to gear up, go harder, very soon with the sticks, tomorrow with the gloves and headgear.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sun May 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Saturday May 18 No class for me.

Sunday May 19 Messed with KBs for 20 minutes.

Monday May 20

-Ran 1 hour PT sessions and then

- 2 hours later 1 hour private self defense lesson.

Tuesday May 21.

-Crom and I split class back and forth. He did double stick drills, I did 4 wall block and entry with single sticks.

He did knife tapping and passing off of the Hammer/Icepick crill.

I did something where you come off line and cut their throats.

Weds May 22

-Trained with a friend 1.5 hours stick, stick vs. sword, stick and knife.

-Trained 30 minutes with Machette.

-Trained the boys.

Throws for 30 minutes, 30 minutes of Kata and 20 minutes of Kinfe tapping into eye thrust-Sankyu.

Thurs May 23rd.

-Trained 2 clients for 2 hours.

-6:30-8:30 Crom ran class in the park.

Friday May 24th
Trained client 1 hour PT session.

Saturday May25
2 Hours of stick and knife with Lord Stomp

1 hour Teaching private SD to client and his daughter.

Sunday May 26

1 hour teaching SD to clinet's daughter.

1 hour Machette and Kukri
Med to full speed and power Patterns in the air and using old tree as a pell.

RMPs with 26,35 and 52#KBs at random all week.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:30 am

Weds.
Bushi Pages- 1.25 hours

The Boys get their first rank in 2 weeks.

We stated the next phase of their training.

The boys worked on throws for 20 minutes, 20 minutes standing Randori, and then Ground fighting.

I was ver proud of my son, he scored an nice Ippon with Osoto Gari aftern faking an Ogoshi attempt.

Then they threw each other and then the other boy got a sweet Hybrid Ogoshi-Underhook shoulder throw on Little Darth #1.

The ground fighting was nothing to write home about, but aggressive. To be expected, we have not spent much time on the ground in the first phase, tht changes.

We also talked about how young Samurai boys and teens trained with Sumo, Kenjutsu, Tai Jutsu, ect. for a couple of minutes after I gave them the news that they will be promoted providung I don;t see any back slides in the next two weeks.

The first phase was pretty much "This is Jujutsu: Traditional, Para Judo, Combatives, FMA concepts and crosstraining.

Friday Night Viking!

Lift, submit journal (now), Intoxicate, shower, eat light, screw, sleep.!

Old School KB Combos and alternating lifts w/26,35 and 53# KBs. Snatch-Press, Clean and Press, Clean and Jerk. 20 minutes. short rest.

Tomorrow 10am to 12noon

Jujutsu / Combatives/ Pugilism, Oh MY!

Bar-B-Q with friends and family

Sunday
Slavery- lean up back yard and get the pool up.
1 hour MA 1 on 1.

Monday- Train son 5min warm up. 15min weapons skills, 15min JJ waza on trampoline. 15min Ukemi on tramp. 10 minutes Fundori.

Tuesday- Teach JJ Class 2 hours

Weds
KBs,BW

1.5hour Youth Jujutsu class.

Thursday

2hour JJ, Combatives, FMA class

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:51 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ci7lssNMRI

You never know when you might run across people that belong in this song?

Down in the park......

Soon-to-be-Sensei Von Ramman, Hyong Jury and myself met in a park in suburban Woodbridge to practice a blend of Jujutsu.FMA Concepts and Combatives, simple and advanced.

We started with running flowing and broken double stick patterns in pairs.

Then we worked defense and entry drills stick vs. stick and empty hand vs. stick.

"You can't always bring a weapon so if they do, by all means use his if you can."

We also worked against 2 hand chokes.

We applied some FMA and Aiki-Jujutsu to 2 Combatives stand bys for this attack. Made them quicker, more efficient and left more options.

Thanks to the guys for coming out to train.

SHUGYO!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Yesterday, after training an average of 2 x's a week on the mats since last Oct, my son and the other youngster in my Cadets project made their first rank. 12th Kyu Orange belt-3rd Rate.

I am very proud of both of them both.

No new rank every 2 months and a new belt every 4-6 months for them. Each rank represents completion of one phase and goal set to a new one.

For the Summer break from school, they will go from a 1.5 hour weekday class to a 2.5 hour one. I will also hold an outdoor session for my boy that the other is welcome to take advantage of, in addition to them joining us guys on most Saturdays for 1.5 - 2 hours.

They have been informed that if they take on this level of training, they will return to school stronger, faster, more able to handle themselves if need be and they can earn a stripe and the rank of 11th Kyu Orange 2d rate.

They are both excited!

My son has stepped in one of my footprints, the first of many and the many he will make on his own.

The younger boy has a little more than 2 years to go before he starts serious training like his big brother.

The little girl will start much sooner. She's going to kick like the chicks in Blade Runner and Goldeneye, Grapple like Rhonda Roussey and knife like a Cuisenart.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:17 am

My pure ( no strikes, no dirty shit) ground game has gone to shit, as one would expect when you put it on the lower end of the priority bar.

Took a step to remedy that last night.

Since we are doing 1 out of our 3 classes at the CMSG outside, I have instituted that Tuesday night is mat night and at least half is strait up standing and ground grappling before any combatives or classical waza.

As for myself I used to hold my own on the ground with BJJ types with the same time in as myself but I'll be honest and say that in a pure grapple, any purple would fucking clean the mats with my ass these days.

Giml stalled me out good. I really had to resist strikes and fishhooking and look for the pure newaza solution and I came up with jack shit that worked. Then he got me in a top control on the next roll and sunk in a choke.

FUCK! and GOOD! I, we, whatever neglected an important part of the whole for far too long.

One positive though is how hard it was to get the guys to engage in pure newaza and leave out strikes, dirty shit and the "don't get sucked into a Sub match in a street fight, get up as soon as you can." thing. " Sorry man, you'll just have to pass his guard or attack his legs, can't dick punch him tonight. So sorry."

We did this for a bit more than an hour. One of the boys was going green and everyone had that "Fuck me!" look.

" I love you guys, on your feet in a real fight you guys are animals but when it comes to Randori and Newaza WE ALL FUCKING SUCK RIGHT NOW! So we will focus the main body of Tuesday nights on this from now on."

We then did IA drills, Club, Gun, Knife and empty hand assualt for 20 minutes and spent the last 15 on Aiki stuff.

GREAT WORKOUT, dorked my knee a bit when my foot stuck to the mats as Hung Jury came in with a 2 way break Osoto Garil, sore this morning but now it only aches in some parts of movement so I'm good.

We tie the Black around Giml Von Ram Man on Saturday.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Found my heavy sticks.

Went out with them and my regulars and worked in intervals, Heavy, regular, medium speed,fast but controlled. Patterns and shadowfighting.

Finished with some empty hand shadow fighting.

About 30 minutes.