Sitting at home all day training journal

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Sitting at home all day training journal

Post by T200 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:59 pm

In all likelihood I will abandon this in short order.

Still yet I have nothing better to do with my time so I will see what I can do.

Feel free to address any issue related to me in here (my life, my training, drugs, supplements, whatever). If I cannot answer a question due to potential legal issues I will just say so.

I currently am housebound (not on house arrest...I can leave but only with my 4 week old son so obviously can't go very man places). I have not trained at my house since the ill-fated RKC prep of 2008 (where I met "tough old man" and how I came to know of this place).

I was doing quite well in training considering the general craziness of my life until being forced out of the gym I was at (not a bad thing at all honestly as it transitioned from an awesome strongman gym to a full-blown @Fit over the past year).

So now I am using BW, TRX and KB shit for the first time in many years. I don't care for these things as much but WTF. Anything can be productive if one is not a moron about it.

I do have a shit ton of great equipment in my garage and my storage shed I could train with but I need to overhaul my garage (currently a library and maniac storage facility LOL) to use it. This is harder than it seems in the AZ summer heat. In the past 6 weeks I have managed to donate at least 600 books to Goodwill (or whatever) and a metric ton of my wife's old clothing (read that as brand new shit she never wore and insists does not fit).

Here's today's low achievements so far:

2 KB press 10X8 (53lb...comp bells for you KB enthusiasts...purchased off an IGX-er whose name I forget in Cali some years back...Tom something).

Pull-ups 10X7 (all reps pulled to bottom of sternum). Building these back up after 4 weeks off to avoid excessive soreness.

2 KB squat 10X10 (53lb). Very difficult at first due to differences from what I've been doing...mainly I was too lazy to go out to the garage and find my WL shoes and needed to find the sweet spots for the double swing and then the squat.

Those 3 were a circuit. Rests varied. Anywhere from 3min to say 6-7min. Depending on sweatiness.

TRX triceps extensions 5X15

Jumped in pool.

Listened to Shane Smith on Rogan podcast. He was lackluster as usual. Listened to Sun Ra channel on Pandora.

Texted with Mickey O'Neil and my brother-in-law (a hobbled up ex-baseball player).

Honest to god if I am ever convicted of anything I would love to be given house arrest... my whole life seems to have led up to this. I have at least 3000 unwatched DVDs, at least 500 unread books I find too interesting to donate, a million damn cable channels I mostly hate, unlimited texting, a pool, better training equipment than 99% of gyms (if I set it up), baby/wife/2 dogs and the internet.

I am currently subject to drug testing (this is retarded as I am not in any actual trouble...based around my wife/child) so no non-PEDs. I am RXing myself "TRT" since February. I was on 2 years of clomiphene (hence a baby after 13 years of marriage to a woman who was told she could not get pregnant) before that and have found a balance of enanthate that feels equal to 50mg/day clomiphene.

In summation: HOUSE ARREST FTW

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Sitting at home all day training journal

Post by T200 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Listening to an uneventful Jason Ellis.

Did 10X8 neutral grip pull-ups now too.

Yogalete

Post by Yogalete » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:24 pm

*Subscribed*

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Congratulations! How is the little man?
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:03 pm

He is doing great thank you. I am uncertain of the date but he is a few days over 4 weeks now.

CrapSammich
Staff Sergeant

Post by CrapSammich » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:41 pm

T200 wrote:I have at least 3000 unwatched DVDs, at least 500 unread books I find too interesting to donate
What's first on the DVD/book list? Can you even watch/read w/ a 4-wk old?

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Feel free to tell me "none of your goddamned business", but I can't help but wonder...what do you do for money?

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:35 pm

CrapSammich wrote: What's first on the DVD/book list? Can you even watch/read w/ a 4-wk old?
I could watch a DVD...reading and finishing reading would be difficult.

I watched the NWA/WCW War Games collection on DVD the other day. Just the first disc but the rest is BS anyway. Four Horsemen, Dusty Rhodes, Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, etc.

I have also been watching older film noir and sci-fi movies.

Honestly the baby is still sleeping 80% of the day I will estimate.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:48 pm

I was just going to say that I bet you have all the old NWA on discs. Id watch the fuck out of those in your position. Also the RINGS NHB tourneys which I'm sure you have. What are some of your favorite film noirs? Watching the Ice Harvest a while back made me want to get more into them. I love the Mike Hammer TV series with Stacy Keach(the first run, the latest run sucked balls)
Last edited by Herv100 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Feel free to tell me "none of your goddamned business", but I can't help but wonder...what do you do for money?
Some of it shall not be mentioned...there is some of that.

Until the baby was born I was training people full time still. Because my wife has a severe mental illness and is currently on court-ordered meds CPS automatically reared their ugly heads in my life.

I am the designated "safety monitor." Meaning I must be with the child 24-7 at this point. I am abiding and enjoying that actually.

CPS told me I was no longer allowed to work unless the baby went with. That doesn't work at all with training youth athletes in a loud ass no A/C gym (sadly this no A/C shit has been following me from gym to gym throughout my time in AZ). To say nothing of the fact that my gym transitioned in the past year from an awesome gym to a fucking @Fit. My son will never pass through the doors of an @fit and that is that. It is unacceptable.

So I cannot work unless from home. I am writing programming for several people still but that doesn't do jack honestly. Maybe pays for groceries (baby shit is pricey as fuck it seems).

Now CPS wanted me to get on some kind of government assistance shit but I refused it. I do not want to take away from families that may actually need it. I have temporarily borrowed funds with which to live for about 6 months. I am fortunate to know a source for this obviously.

My actual living expenses are not that great.

My wife has been advised to get on disability and I am supporting that notion. She is not on it now though. She is definitely unable to do almost anything of merit at this point (really dating back to like 2005 that statement would be accurate).

I also sold about 5K worth of misc. training equipment recently.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Herv100 wrote:I was just going to say that I bet you have all the old NWA on discs. Id watch the fuck out of those in your position. Also the RINGS NHB tourneys which I'm sure you have. What are some of your favorite film noirs? Watching the Ice Harvest a while back made me want to get more into them. I love the Mike Hammer TV series with Stacy Keach(the first run, the latest run which sucked balls)
I have a ton of old wrestling on disc. A ton. Hundreds and hundreds of discs. A lot of Puroresu as well.

I am planning on watching every episode of the greatest talk show ever...Tuesday Night Titans.

I literally have every RINGS show ever on DVD. Probably my all-time favorite MMA promotion when the King of Kings tournaments were going on. Also have every Shooto show up through like 2006. Same with Pancrase but only on VHS sadly (no working VCR).

My favorite film noirs off hand and not in order: Kiss Me Deadly, Sunset Boulevard, Detour, Blast of Silence, In a Lonely Place, Gun Crazy, White Heat (maybe not really noir?), Sniper, The Big Steal, Mildred Pierce, High Sierra.

I can pull a fullish list up from my Flickchart account if you actually care to see more (Flickchart is a pretty fun time-waster if you've seen a ton of movies).

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:32 pm

T200 wrote:Listening to an uneventful Jason Ellis.
While I think I like his first 4 or 5 years better I still cannot miss a single show. Some of it does bomb and I do get tired when he talks about his problems and being the best in radio. Still, I listen to every show in it's entirety thanks to having a desk job and Sirius On Demand. I'm listening to yesterday's show right now as a matter of fact.

I hope this log lasts a while. It will be interesting. Even the training. \:D/

Bud Charniga's grape ape

Post by Bud Charniga's grape ape » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:45 pm

T200 wrote: Maybe pays for groceries (baby shit is pricey as fuck it seems).
As ghey as this sounds, check out Amazon Mom. Best prices we've found on a ton of basics, plus free shipping. 'cuz yeah, having a baby gets mad expensive really fast

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Hmmm...been using Amazon a little but have not heard of Amazon Mom. Will check it out.

Good looking out!

Did the following (going to do more later):

KB swings (HARD STYLE!!!1) 15X10
Front lever raise 15X5
Push-ups 15 X15

All done in series.

Not sure what I'll do later. Maybe some pistols or something.

Listened to Open Mike Eagle on the Marc Maron podcast today. Alternative hip hop, MC from the South Side of Chicago who is extremely atypical of that environment...his favorite artists include Zappa and Frank Black. Good stuff.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Good to see you posting. No shame in getting a little government assistance with your current situation. Get back some of that money you should have paid in taxes.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Koko, Beware
Gunny

Post by Koko, Beware » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:34 am

Good luck to you with everything. Nice to see a fellow NWA fan on the board. 85-89 are just golden years for the southern/mid-atlantic pro wres.
In the mill, getting down.
-Kotto

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:43 am

This is just my yearly summer crisis...everyone calm down (but thanks).

2009: Arrested for distribution of dangerous drugs (due to knowing morons)
2010: Wife contracts one of the rarest disorders according to the internet (the Capgras Delusion plus first professional diagnosis of paranoid schiz)
2011: Indicted for 16 (8 felonies I think) counts of possession stemming from 2009 search warrant (warrant was illegal, case was bogus, I know what a controlled delivery is and case dismissed without prejudice after a summer of continuances on same day as Casey Anthony was acquitted)
2012: Crisis free???
2013: CPS are buttholes
Last edited by T200 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:49 am

Those do not account for non-summer based periods of fun.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:17 am

Tried some pistols...LOL they were hurting my eye.

CrapSammich
Staff Sergeant

Post by CrapSammich » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Koko, Beware wrote:Good luck to you with everything. Nice to see a fellow NWA fan on the board. 85-89 are just golden years for the southern/mid-atlantic pro wres.
"Wrestling at the Chase" alerted my pre-teen psyche that there were better things to do on Sunday morning than Sunday school.

RIP Bruiser Brody.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:57 pm

RIP Brody!!1 Murder anniversary this past week.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:55 pm

This morning:

Pull-ups 10X5 + KB press 10X5/5 (70lb)

Pull-ups 10X5 + Pistols 10X5/5 + TRX triceps extensions 10X10

Observations thus far: Sick of most of this already. Don't care for KBs, TRX is whack (already known going in...an I am CERTIFIED!), most BW shit that doesn't involve hanging on bars is boring.

It is actually raining and beezy today (that happens I would guess no more than 10 days a year here) so if it stays that way maybe I will get out in the garage and get some organizing done. I need to assemble my rack so I can at least get squatting again.

Listened to a 25min podcast about the Capgras Delusion/Syndrome (the rare shit my wife has)...not much to it but I think it's so rare that there is not much known: http://www.avclub.com/articles/capgras- ... are,98961/

Listened to a 3 part Wrestling Observer podcast (3X75min sections done in the middle of the night last night...Jesus). Was training and taking care of TGIII (at least determined that he enjoys the sounds of whales on the white noise machine) so didn't listen that closely but I did hear Meltzer address the Jim Crockett giving Tommy Rich the title for fucking him rumor. He dismissed it but I am choosing to believe that is legit. He also discussed Cena's amazing physique genetics more than once.

Listening currently to the fucking Glute Guy podcast against Rippetoe. They are both unpalatable GOOROOs so I wish they would Voodoo doll each other into oblivion. If I'm choosing one or the other though I am choosing Glute Guy.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Please note that I have not found it difficult at all to resist the urge to add a baby to any training movements. Fuck @Fit.

Also yesterday I watched Evocateur: The Morton Downey Jr Story. It was alright but not nearly as good as any episode of the show itself.

And watched Bourne Legacy. It was complete balls imo. Enjoyed the other Bourne movies fine enough but this was weak.

And watched Munsters Go Home! on the Son of Svengoolie show. I love the Munsters and Svengoolie so it was great.

LOL at Munsters Go Home! being the best film I viewed this weekend thusly.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Just did 3.5 hours in the garage. Not close to done but made some decent progress. Can definitely assemble squat rack now at least.

Super fucking humid and I'm not used to it.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:44 am

If you were to start a video blog or podcast of just you going about your day I would pay to watch it. Don't know why but I think it would be interesting as well as funny.

Of course I will sometimes pull up a camera set up at one of the local beaches and just watch and listen to the waves at work. Take that how you will.