I dont train, I exercise. Bodyweight&rubberbands

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

JDub
Staff Sergeant

I dont train, I exercise. Bodyweight&rubberbands

Post by JDub » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:44 am

Starting a log here. I am 33 with a lot of injuries from past sports, lifting, and jobs. I am mainly sticking to bodyweight shit and jump stretch bands. I have AC shoulder joint issues I'm rehabbing, golfers fucking elbow on both sides, and have had a dodgy back for years from a squat injury. Anyway, for those that give enough fucks to read this, this is what Im working with.
Last edited by JDub on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T200 wrote:Drinking is for posers until you are drinking Everclear from a an old freebase kit you found in the park.

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Re: I dont train, I exercise. Bodyweight&rubberbands

Post by JDub » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:44 pm

If anyone cares right now I'm running a 4 day rotation that looks like this:
Day 1- lower, Day 2- upper, Day 3- conditioning, Day 4- restoration, Day 5 repeat. I do a joint mobility routine to warm up before each workout and end each workout with static stretching and band traction. I won't be logging that shit, just the main workout. Also I use the flexbar and ironmind hand expanders daily for the elbow.

Goals- rehab injuries, fix posture issues caused by injuries, become pain free. Getting back to weights, possibly.

Monday 9/9/13

1 Leg Hip Thrust- 3 sets of 10/side, bodyweight only
Bulgarian Split Squats x 15, 12, 9 per side, bodyweight only
Swiss ball leg curls- 3 sets of 20, bw only
Swiss ball crunches x 15, 12, 10

Tuesday 9/10/13

Ring Rows- 8 sets of 2, all at different angles. Feet elevated and adjust straps up or down each set. I can do these pain free on my elbow if I keep the reps low, the longer I grip the more the pain comes back.

Banded Pushups- 3x5 w/light band; pullaparts between sets
Pullaparts-2 x20(micro band), 1x15(mini band)
Band Lateral Raises- 2x15 (micro band)
T200 wrote:Drinking is for posers until you are drinking Everclear from a an old freebase kit you found in the park.

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Post by JDub » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:56 am

I guess I better start logging what I've been doing in here. I havent logged since I started this thing due to being busy as hell but I have been putting the work in. I will just start with todays workouts. I want to first start with my training background and what my goals are just in case anyone reads and is curious.

I'm 33 y/o, a midget@a massive 5'6" tall, and currently weigh around 195-200 depending on the time of day. My bodyfat is actually not terribly bad at this weight, I have visible top abs atm.

Anyway, I started training at 13 y/o for junior high football. I had an old plastic and concrete barbell set from sears, no bench, not squat rack. I lifted three days per week and ran three days per week. Didnt know much of anything about programing or anything at all really. My workouts consisted of military press, bent over rows, pushups, upright rows, tricep extensions, pullups, curls, situps, deadlifts, and a shit form power clean. This was done three days per week for 3 sets of 8-10, adding 5lbs a month to each exercise. I ran a mile on opposite days and usually 4-5 100 yard sprints after the mile. It wasnt the best but it served its purpose. I did this for 2 years during the off season.

High school improved as far as exercises and programming. We did a routine based off of Power Cleans and Hang Cleans (decently coached), Box Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Presses, and Push Presses. We threw in lat pulldowns, chins, and rows as well. Lots of sprints, cone drills, plyos, hill sprints, etc. 4 years of that.

I spent first 2 years of college thinking bodybuilding was cool and lifted accordingly with little to show for it.

I spent the next year on a program unfucking myself. I did lots of conditioning to lose the fat, stretching, and a bare bones lifting program of Squat, Bench, Row one day, Deadlift, Press, Chin the other day.

Two years spent training more geared toward PL'ing, similar to 5/3/1 as far using percentages and going all out on the last set(different %'s than 5/3/1, this was long before Wendler put it on paper). I had a squat day, bench day, deadlift day all once per week. 2-3 accessories for each day. Walked a lot. Did some comps, blah blah blah.

Grew up, got into law enforcement, had less sleep, less time, a wife, and kids. Tried Kettlebells for solely for a year or two. Used the programs Pavel layed out in the first KB book, windmills, press, tgu, swing, snatch, long cycle, threw in lots of running, pullups, pushups.

Got into Ross Enamait's bodyweight stuff and stayed there until I started having lots of random injuries last year.

Goals as of now are to fix my fucked up lower back issues (cause by pelvic issues), fix my "weightlifters shoulder" in both sides the best I can without having my collarbone cut off on each side, and fix the golfers elbow I have deleveloped in recent months.

I would like to be back to lifting barbells by January of next year.

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Post by JDub » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:22 am

Monday- 9/16/13

AM Workout:

Joint Mobility Warmup for about 7 minutes:

Neck Circles x 10 each way, 20 total
Shoulder Rolls x 10 front and back, 20 total
Arm Circles x 10 front and back, 20 total per arm
Elbow Circles x 10 each way, 20 total per arm
Wrist Circle x 10 each way, 20 total per arm
Side Bends x 10 each side
Torso Twist x 10 each way
Hip Hinge AKA Goodmorning Stretch x 10
Rounded Back Toe Touches x 10 (stacking the back slowly on the way up)
Hip Circles AKA Hula Hoop Circles x 10 each way, 20 total
Front to Back Leg Swings x 10 each leg
Side to Side Leg Swings x 10 each leg
Leg Extension x 10 per leg
Ankle Circles x 10 each way, 20 per ankle
Bodyweight Squats x 10, slow 5 sec in bottom

Daily Activation Shit, for about 3-4 min:

Hip Thrust x 40 reps, back and feet on the floor, slow reps, pause and flex at the top
Band Pullaparts x 20 reps w/ micro band
Plank on Elbows x 1 min

Workout-Upper Body- 30 minutes:

Neutral Grip Chin x 1, realized my elbow was not having this so stopped
Standing 1 Arm Band Rows- 3x10 per arm with the light jump stretch band, pause and squeezing upper back each rep
Band Resisted Pushups- 3x3 w/ light jump stretch band, these are easy but I am just doing enough to keep a base
Band Pushdowns Superset w/ Band Hammer Curls- 1x25, 1x20 for both exercises w/ mini jump stretch band
Flexbar(green bar) Reverse Tylers Twist- 2x5 each arm
Ironmind Hand Expanders- 1x30(#3 band), 1x30(#2 band), 1x30(#1 band)- 1 is the easiest band, 5 is the hardest...

Cool down: 10 min

Static Stretching for Chest and Lats, 2 sets of 30 seconds for each muscle and each side

Band Traction stuff for the shoulders using a light jump stretch band, over head, behind back, across the body, to the side, etc.

Voodoo Floss both elbows, doing elbow circles, curl/pushdown motions, wrapped close to a minute each elbow

Total Workout about an hour

PM Workout:

LAX Ball Trigger Point and Rollling on: upper traps, mid and lower traps, upper back around scapula, Front/Side/Rear Delt, Pecs, forearms

PVC Roll on: upper back, mid back, low back, lats

Pec and Lat Static Stretches for 30 sec on each muscle and each arm

Band Traction for shoulders same as AM

2 Mile Walk in 30 min, .5 mile walk to a 1/4 mile track, walk a mile, 1/4 mile walk back, mainly flat all around

Total PM Workout was about 50 minutes.