Kenny's Krazy Kettlebells (and Brazilian jiu Jitsu, too!)

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Kenny's Krazy Kettlebells (and Brazilian jiu Jitsu, too!)

Post by Kenny X » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:49 am

This is an experiment.

I have had a general malaise, and restlessness in-terms of training for a while. Half of me wanted to do good at Jiu Jitsu, the other half of me wanted to total 1500 pounds in a legit PL meet, and the other, other half of me wanted to look like Bill Pearl.

And I freely admit that those combined-goals, at least for me, became a recipe for a lot of silliness and a lot of treading water and not really getting anywhere (besides improving my Jiu Jitsu game).

I also hadn't been sleeping like I should have been.

Anyway, whatever. At least I was still in the gym on a regular basis all that time. There's a lot to be said for that.

Which brings me to now. Right now I need simplicity. I need something I can do in the gym that will keep me strong and healthy, and that I can easily do before Advanced Jiu Jitsu class. Shaggy posted this article: http://irongarmx.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225074 and because I like him and what he says I gave it a read, and I really liked what I saw. SO, I've decided that I am going to do this program here for my lifting, for the next nine weeks to see what happens. The article calls for six, but since I have no idea what I'm doing, and I need coaching with some of this stuff (some friends at the gym are helping me with that), and because I've been feeling crappy lately, I wanted to start on the light side and give myself some time to acclimate.

I think it'll be fun. Here's today's work.

TOTAL WALKING:
  • 80 minutes
LIFTING:

All weights are in kilograms

KB Clean KB Press KB Front Squat Renegade Row
  • 1. 20's x 1, 20's x 1, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 L
    2. 20's x 1, 20's x 2, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 R
    3. 20's x 1, 20's x 3, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 L
    4. 20's x 1, 20's x 4, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 R
    5. 20's x 1, 20's x 5, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 L
    6. 20's x 1, 20's x 6, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 R
    7. 20's x 1, 20's x 5, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 L
    8. 20's x 1, 20's x 4, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 R
    9. 20's x 1, 20's x 3, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 L
    10. 20's x 1, 20's x 2, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 R
    11. 20's x 1, 20's x 1, 20's x 1, 20 x 1 L
KB Swings
  • 1. 28 x 10
    2. 28 x 10
    3. 28 x 10
    4. 28 x 10
    5. 28 x 10
    6. 28 x 10
    7. 28 x 10
    8. 28 x 10
    9. 28 x 10
    10. 28 x 10
I picked a pair that I knew I could do six reps with with good form, like the article said. Maybe could have used the 24's or the next one above that, who knows. But like I said, I'm giving myself 3 weeks to lead-into this. And I had no idea what walking into Jiu Jitsu tonight would be like afterward (because I've never done this before), so I figured it'd be good to be super-conservative.

Renegade rows are hard.

I did not restrict rest period times between sets. But I didn't sit on my ass for 5 minutes between sets either- I just did the old "Wait until you've caught enough breath to form a complete sentence and then go again."

This whole thing, swings included was done in just under a half hour.

ADVANCED JIU JITSU:

I felt awesome going into class tonight, and a lot of folks came out which is always great. I managed to not get trapped in Big Chris's mounted arm-bar tonight and I consider that a small personal victory. I fucking hate getting caught up in that miserable position, and I should be doing my job better, making sure that if I get mounted I defend myself properly to prevent it, and escape. As for drilling, we worked on a nice positional change you can do whenever the opponent manages to turn into you in a 50/50 and undehook your outer arm. Using it you can shift your position, clean his arms, free your foot and mount and if you do it right, you have a nice Kata Gatame all set-up when you do mount. It was a profitable class and I was glad to be there.

...I don't feel like I got hit by a truck, after training tonight. I don't feel all keyed-up either. I feel calm and relaxed. I'm going to read for 20 minutes and then go to sleep. I can sleep an extra hour into the morning because the VP is taking us contractors to a Pirates game tomorrow, so I don't have to be there till late morning.
WildGorillaMan wrote:$4000 bicycle. $300 shoes. $400 spandex.

35% bodyfat.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Kenny's Krazy Kettlebells (and Brazilian jiu Jitsu, too!

Post by Dunn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:08 am

Awesome work and I think you will definitely feel a benefit in recovery versus when you were PL. Stick with this for 9 weeks and then reasses. Maybe add in a conservative amount of BB work to help with strength. Also, give a look at Pavel's Fast Tens article.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Thank you, Dunn. :happiness:

I read the PDF, and enjoyed the article. And as to the work I did yesterday, the morning after is definitely different from mornings after PL training followed by Jiu Jitsu. Getting to sleep last night still proved difficult, I think in drifted off around 11:30 and that's typical for me; BJJ is over at 8 and it just seems like it takes a while for all the adrenaline to wash out of my system. I'll continue with the reading, and relaxing in the evenings afterward and hopefully I'll adjust. I will say though that getting out of bed this morning was much easier than it has been, in the past. I woke up on my own at 5:45, and I didn't feel beat up at all. Granted the "tonnage" I did at the gym probably barely equals a warm-up, but I'm thinking I made the right call, easing my way into this.

As to barbells and fast tens, after my experiment is over, if I've decided I enjoy the kettle bells, I may work deadlifts, and benching back in; on a strictly low-volume maintenance type of way, and keep with the kettle bells. I nice push/pull session consisting of a few sets of four, benching followed by a KB C&J ladder, and pull ups could be doable, maybe. There's options and info like the look of that fast tens, as it is. So I have options for later.

For the time being I'm going to ride this and see where it goes.

Thanks again!

35% bodyfat.

Soupbone

Post by Soupbone » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Doc,

I love the new ideas and new log, that was the first that I had seen of this article. I may give it a go sometime. As far as the sleeping goes, I have referenced a ton of my clients (and jiujitsu buddies) to the book and companion cd by Paul McKenna "I can make you sleep". The book is ridiculous garbage, but the cd is a guided hypnotic progressive relaxation that works. I used it a lot when I was working midnights and I have been a lifelong insomnic. Also Jon Kabat-Zinn has a guided mindfulness meditation cd set that I have used with a lot of folks who have trouble sleeping. Give it a go if you want to.

Your jiujitsu sounds fantastic! I can really tell by reading that your game is getting better. Keep it up!

Soup
I just started a blog called The Happy Grappler. Check it out at http://happygrappler.blogspot.com

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:13 pm

Thank you on all counts, Soup!!

A few of my training partners thought it was weird that my weekly mat time decreased and I improved. For me it was a combination of two things-

1. Doing private lessons with Prof. when I can afford it, and doing EVERYTHING he tells me to do and fixing EVERYTHING he wants me to fix

2. A change in attitude, vis: I had to accept that everything that happens on the mat is a positive learning experience. Doesn't matter how many times I get tapped out as long as I'm paying attention and keeping things in perspective. I just go, pay attention during the demo/lecture and drills, and I make an effort to take what happens during rolling as it comes and use what techniques I've learned to try and deal with it, while keeping a positive attitude. No class is ever a bad class.

It's amazing how well we can do with the right attitude you know? And it carries over into tho ga like work life, too.

As for the sleep resources, THANK YOU!! I will definitely try them out!!

CHEERS!!!

35% bodyfat.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:Thank you on all counts, Soup!!

A few of my training partners thought it was weird that my weekly mat time decreased and I improved. For me it was a combination of two things-

1. Doing private lessons with Prof. when I can afford it, and doing EVERYTHING he tells me to do and fixing EVERYTHING he wants me to fix

2. A change in attitude, vis: I had to accept that everything that happens on the mat is a positive learning experience. Doesn't matter how many times I get tapped out as long as I'm paying attention and keeping things in perspective. I just go, pay attention during the demo/lecture and drills, and I make an effort to take what happens during rolling as it comes and use what techniques I've learned to try and deal with it, while keeping a positive attitude. No class is ever a bad class.

It's amazing how well we can do with the right attitude you know? And it carries over into tho ga like work life, too.

As for the sleep resources, THANK YOU!! I will definitely try them out!!

CHEERS!!!

Your Prof. will notice this and train you accordingly. I know I would. :supz:

Seeing people wilfully repeat the same mistakes that you have called out again and again can be very frustrating and those you see make improvements, even little ones they beat the fuck out of themselves to make are the ones you give more time and deeper teaching to.

You bet your Ox bloods that you need to accept defeat on the mats as learning. When I watch a higher rank block out with extra guile and skill a throw or waza a junior student earns, or acts like it's the end of the world when they get taped, or screw a waza, l wince. (and other things)

Die a thousand times on the mats to survive on the street
Die a million times on the mat to win on the street
Die a billion times and become a master

-Darth Sensei

Have any idea how long a billion would take? I' don't, I'm no where near it, yet.

Like you.

Great stuff Doc!

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:59 pm

DARTH wrote:Your Prof. will notice this and train you accordingly. I know I would. :supz:

Seeing people wilfully repeat the same mistakes that you have called out again and again can be very frustrating and those you see make improvements, even little ones they beat the fuck out of themselves to make are the ones you give more time and deeper teaching to.

You bet your Ox bloods that you need to accept defeat on the mats as learning. When I watch a higher rank block out with extra guile and skill a throw or waza a junior student earns, or acts like it's the end of the world when they get taped, or screw a waza, l wince. (and other things)

Die a thousand times on the mats to survive on the street
Die a million times on the mat to win on the street
Die a billion times and become a master

-Darth Sensei

Have any idea how long a billion would take? I' don't, I'm no where near it, yet.

Like you.

Great stuff Doc!
DARTH-

Thank you! This is most encouraging, not to mention appreciated. Thanks so much!

And you're absolutely right about accepting defeat on the mat. Once began to accept it, I began to improve. It's like Carlos said, you've never losing, you're learning, y'know? And I like the fact that BJJ has this built-in mechanism, defeat, which keeps us from becoming deluded elitists. It's amazing stuff!

35% bodyfat.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Today's session!

TOTAL WALKING:
40 min.

LIFTING:
Trying to type this up a little clearer. All weights in kilograms unless otherwise specified.
  • KB Clean: 20's x 1
    KB Press: 20's x 1
    KB Front Squat: 20's x 1
    Renegade Row: 20 x 1 L

KB Clean: 20's x 1
    KB Front Squat: 20's x 2
    Renegade Row: 20 x 1 R

KB Front Squat: 20's x 3

KB Front Squat: 20's x 4

KB Front Squat: 20's x 5

KB Front Squat: 20's x 6

KB Front Squat: 20's x 5

KB Front Squat: 20's x 4

KB Front Squat: 20's x 3

KB Front Squat: 20's x 2

KB Front Squat: 20's x 1
Snatch Test (L + R):
  • L: 20 x 9 sets of 3
    R: 20 x 9 sets of 3
Note: No bangers.
Time: 8:47

Leg Raises:
  • BW x 5
    BW x 5
    BW x 5
    BW x 5
    BW x 5

Renegade Rows are easier today. It came to me to push down into the handle hard while rowing the other and I could feel a strong connection through the bell and into the floor. The rack position feels more comfortable than last time, as well.

I really enjoyed doing this session today. A buddy helped me with my snatches and I understood how to do them after he was done. I think of it like "punching up through them" to put them in their proper place at the top without banging your wrists up. He gave me a great demo and explanation and I was off to the races.

This is a fun workout to do.

35% bodyfat.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Some days your the windshield and some days your the bug. You're on the right path my friend. Much like you I have had the same experience recently. I roll in one night and fucking smash everyone(except our instructor and the purple belts) and the next time I come to class everyone is making me feel like a motor moron. I have learned to let it wash over me and just enjoy the class. This is the most fun I've had grappling or training in years.

It's funny that you are taking this training path. I was considering switching to cattleballs before I saw Tom's post. I've got 2 16s, 2 24s, a 32, and a 40 just gathering fucking dust so it's time to get them back into the cycle. Tom's bodyweight book is exceptional as well. I'm going to be doing a bit of that on my off days. Much like you I'm taking 8 to 12 weeks away from barbells but I'll be adding them back at some point. Plus I'm doing Nightman's cattleball comp in December with Gin Master and maybe Shaf.

Peace and love baby. Just keep having fun and the training will be great.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:14 pm

My man EZ! Thank you for your candor!

I will add BB's back eventually, but purely on a conservative, most bang for my buck basis. Maybe one big movement a week, 5x5, in conjunction with the Kookyballs. And I bought Tom's bodyweight book as well, it's really great stuff. I'll be using bodyweight stuff in place of "assistance" work I had been doing with DB's and cables and shit, in the dosages he recommends. All in good time.

Definitely the path for me. It's like I was telling Tom and Dunn earlier- I like feeling good after training, not wrecked. This stuff seems to agree with me more.

35% bodyfat.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Let's see of this can be logged even more efficiently!

Total Walking:
90 minutes

Lifting

KB Clean + KB Press + KB Squat + KB Renegade Row
  • 20's x 1 + 20's x 1 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 L
    20's x 1 + 20's x 2 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 R
    20's x 1 + 20's x 3 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 L
    20's x 1 + 20's x 4 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 R
    20's x 1 + 20's x 5 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 L
    20's x 1 + 20's x 6 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 R
    20's x 1 + 20's x 5 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 L
    20's x 1 + 20's x 4 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 R
    20's x 1 + 20's x 3 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 L
    20's x 1 + 20's x 2 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 R
    20's x 1 + 20's x 1 + 20's x 1 + 20 x 1 L
KB Swing
  • 28 x 11
    28 x 11
    28 x 11
    28 x 11
    28 x 11
    28 x 11
    28 x 11
    28 x 11
    28 x 15
Didn't have any trouble getting through this today. But I am glad I picked the 20's to start out with. You know how sometimes you come back from a layoff or switch it up and you go a little too heavy and the first few sessions are good, and you feel good about it and then it catches up with you all of a sudden and everything sucks? I didn't want that to happen. And the session went well today- I got into a groove where I'd do the set, finish, walk around for a minute or two breathing, record the set and get back to it. The complex lasted 27 minutes that way. And I only looked at the stop watch at the very end, paid no attention to it otherwise. LOL and I took a few minutes there to help Andy hand Ryan the 70's for his seated shoulder presses.

The swings took 9 minutes and change. I timed that because that's what Pavel calls for and I'm sure there's a good reason for that. Will do the sets of 11 again next time.

Schedule is fucky this week because I'm taking Saturday and Sunday off when Megan is in town, so it's KB's Mon. Wed. Fri. and BJJ Fundies Tue. and Thur. and I'm looking forward to hitting the mat tomorrow.

35% bodyfat.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:38 pm

I missed a few days of Jiu Jitsu and training because my schedule got messed up for a few reasons-

1. Had to work late twice
2. Had to stick by my phone one evening because the Bank's hiring manager needed to call me TO DISCUSS A PERMANENT POSITION FOR ME!! :supz: I was not missing that call
3. Spent another evening updating my resume and filling out miles of paperwork online for getting hired on!

I'm stoked!!

BUT, I don't like missing training.

SO, I bought some kettlebells, so I can lift at home whenever I'd like on lifting days! They should arrive in the mail in a few days. Now I'm not tied to the gym, which for me, is good.

Did hit the gym today though, and it felt good!

LIFTING

KB Clean + KB Press + KB Squat + Renegade Rows - Squat pyramid today.
20 kg Bells
Pyramid the squats to 6 and back down again
Renegade Rows R + L on each round
10 snatches left, 16 kg Bells
10 snatches right, 16 kg Bells
And then I GTFO because Megan is on her way to spend the weekend with me!

35% bodyfat.

keyboardpress
Staff Sergeant

Post by keyboardpress » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:12 am

what kb sizes did you order?

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:12 am

A 16kg, two 20's and two 24's to start out with.

Today's work-

Total Walking:
80 min.

Lifting:
KB Clean + KB Press + KB Squat + Renegade Rows - Press Pyramid Day!
20 kg Bells
Pyramid the Presses to 7 and back down again

I also did 130 swings total, 1 arm, L then R with the 16 in 9 minutes.

I read Pavel's ETKB book. I did myPresses the way he describes they should be done. Holy shit that's different. "Pressing myself away from the bell," engaging my gluteus, lower back, quads... I was smoked after the top set of 7. I wanted 8 but I thought I might fail so I called it at 7. No training to failure.

Interestingly- my shoulders feel really, really good. They didn't bother me at all at Jiu Jitsu tonight.

Jiu Jitsu
Tonight's lecture and demo and drilling was all about breaking grips when you're doing a spinning arm-bar and the other guy is being stubborn. I can't really describe what we went over, unfortunately. My brain is a little mushy right now. Physically though, I feel really good. The last 40 minutes was rolling and I didn't have to take a rest between matches like I normally do. I'd get worked, but I was good to go when I hit the mat again. I ended up in some weird situations during a match with Mike. Didn't know what to do, and got a little freaked out at one point. He took my back, and I did my best to defend the choke and kind of weasel my way out of it. Mike knew I was uncomfortable, I don't end up there a lot, and he coached me on how to cope with it. Defend the neck, (in this case) break the grip on my lapel while working my back to the mat. I have to remember that for when it happens again.

Good session all around. Felt good when I got home too. Time for dinner.

35% bodyfat.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:22 pm

Lifting
3 min. KB Snatches
L: 16 x 4 x 5
R: 16 x 4 x 5
Shadow-boxed between sets. This felt good.

5 min. Turkish Get-Ups
L: 16 x 2
R: 16 x 2
Cut it off here. Had a minute and change left.

I wanted to do something today. This was a nice afternoon wake-up session and I enjoyed it.

35% bodyfat.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:

It's amazing how well we can do with the right attitude you know? And it carries over into things like work life, too.
I really like this, stealing for my journal! Keep up the good work and attitude!
"If you live through defeat, you are not defeated. If you are beaten but acquire wisdom, you have won." - RZA

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:15 am

Bram wrote:
Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:

It's amazing how well we can do with the right attitude you know? And it carries over into things like work life, too.
I really like this, stealing for my journal! Keep up the good work and attitude!
Please do! :happiness: and thanks for the good word!

35% bodyfat.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:12 am

WALKING

90 min.

JIU JITSU

Tonight was definitely one of those "I'm a bug getting smashed on a windshield" night LOL Nothing felt right at all. Professor wanted to drill some basic stuff for the benefit of our guys doing the tournament in October. I botched pretty-much all of it, at least at first. It was weird, it was like my head just wasn't in it. Whatever, that kind of stuff is going to happen from time to time.

When we rolled I got paired up with a purple belt who's been MIA for three months or so. He's getting his sea-legs back. Subsequently, he whacked me in the chest with his shin, and caught me upside the head several times as well with his feet, elbows, even his ass at some point as I recall and how on Earth that happened I'll never know.

HOWEVER- all that being said, I still managed to make sense of some stuff and make it work during rolling, like the bump-then-hip-escape-then-get-the-underhook-then-over-the-shoulder technique for escaping cross body, I actually made that work, and that was really cool. I also managed to pass my friend Mike, the brown belt, finally. I been trying to pass him for a while. LOL he of course escaped my cross body with the same one I used successfully today, but hey, baby steps. He told me I'm doing better, and he smiled when I told him "No comfort zone, tonight."

Last time Mike and I rolled, he put me in some weird situations I hadn't been in before, and I mentally jammed up. Not the thing to do, in weird situations, and he called me on it. And I told him straight-up- "Yeah its like I get in this comfort zone, and I feel good and I do good but then a way more experienced guy puts something new on me and BOOM! I'm a deer in head lights."

Mike said- "Well don't do that. No comfort zone. Do SOMETHING!"

So tonight I did. Grips and knee shields. I tried to give him a good fight, just kept coming at him after he submitted me each time.

I learned a lot from that experience with him. I pretty-much always do, with Mike. I like rolling with him, and I'm thankful that he'll take some time out after to give me constructive criticism and advice. Great guy.

So I got off to a rocky start tonight but fuck it, I'm glad I got to roll with Mike again and hey, having some trouble getting into it during drills, and getting a little banged up during rolling by silliness and leaving with a headache (no nausea) isn't even a bump in the road, more like a small pot hole or two in the grand scheme of things.

Great session.

35% bodyfat.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:17 pm

WALKING

60 min.

FUN STUFF

KB Swing: 24 kg x 15
Jog :50
Repeat

Sets: 6
Time: 9 min and change

35% bodyfat.

Bud Charniga's grape ape

Post by Bud Charniga's grape ape » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:36 pm

how's the dick work going?

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Bud Charniga's gaping asshole wrote:how's the dick work going?
I got some stuff fresh out of my patented distillation-and-synthesis centrifuges that'll make you dick so huge you could make a clydesdale's asshole gape.

35% bodyfat.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:29 am

WALKING

90 minutes

LIFTING

KB Clean + KB Press + KB Squat + Renegade Rows - Squat pyramids
20 kg Bells
Pyramid the Squats to 7 and back down again

Then some get-ups, and some windmills.

35% bodyfat.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:37 am

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:WALKING

90 minutes

LIFTING

KB Clean + KB Press + KB Squat + Renegade Rows - Squat pyramids
20 kg Bells
Pyramid the Squats to 7 and back down again

Then some get-ups, and some windmills.
Nice work.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:11 am

Dunn wrote:Nice work.
Thank you Dunn! I am really enjoying this stuff!!

JIU JITSU

Well, tonight's class was interesting. Drilled more passes, and that was enjoyable. The funny thing was, during my first match, I got the guy in my guard after a scramble, and noticed all of a sudden-

"Holy shit! I'm not gasping for breath and my heart isn't beating out of my chest thud!-thud!-thud! like normal!"

And instead of being stoked about it, I panicked...

LMFAO I though I was dying. I'd been scrambling really hard, and I didn't feel like I needed to catch my breath or anything. It totally caught me off guard and I freaked.

I am such an idiot sometimes.

My training partners didn't know I was wigging out. I kept it all inside, and just tried to focus on rolling.

The panic wore off fast but left me shaky. One minute after that match finished I was sitting against the wall all shaky, and BOOM! Time to roll again. Felt fine during that match, even escaped a mounted triangle and turned the situation around into a -somehow- a nice stack pass -those are getting easier to do.

Aside from feeling a little wired between matches, everything was great! No complaints!

35% bodyfat.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:49 am

Jiu Jitsu

I am really glad I went to class tonight. Drilling was all mount escapes. Those high percentage fundamentals that are always worthwhile. Turn your body, get your palms into his hip bone, bump fast and use the space to get your knee shield through and either "put back on guard" or go for the 50/50 and make sure to get that underhook. Drilled the piss out of that and the. We rolled.

I did not gas out at all on the mat. No anxiety either.

Pulse was 80 when I left.

I did KB's earlier this week like usual but I've been busy with work at home in the evenings for my job I forgot to log it.

Will get better about that.

35% bodyfat.