TAN REN

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Re: TAN REN

Post by zak-zombie » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Tuesday cont,

Open mat, rolled with a white belt who is closing in on his blue belt, played a heavy top game trying to disrupt spinal alignment, used kimuras to finish. Second roll with a 2 stripe blue belt, he's strong and powerful and tough to finish rather than risk losing to much position I used wrist locks to finish, ive been watching a lot of Leo Vieria and been trying to use his passing and control style, its been working well. Final roll was with my professor he let !e work my game for a while then countered and smashed me, he uses one pass every time I know its coming and still can't stop it, its damn frustrating.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Wednesday,

KB warm up then:

10 x 10 swings with the 24
5 x 1/1 get ups with the 24
Pistols +8kg 4 x 1/1
Pistols 4 x 1/1
Wall walking 2 x 2

Jiu Jitsu, more x guard entries and drills, sweep into footlock 4 x 6 min rolls, feeling like shit in these timed rolls at the minute absolutely no gas or pop, felt sick at the end of class dont know wtf is causing it to be this bad I felt ok during open mat.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Friday,

Took yesterday off as I was feeling run down.

Jiu Jitsu guard retrieval drills for the class good, my coach calls it the box step when he taught his seminar in Brazil they had never seen it and loved the drills, he also used it to defend the guard in the paulista championships when he was there. Rolling was ok but I'm no where near as dynamic as I was at blue, some puzzle that needs to be unlocked. I need more aggression, Sweep combos forpeople on knees basically regroup and advance.

May fit in KB workout later.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Saturday,

Kids jiu jitsu end of year party, was great fun for the kids and adults, sharing the mats with my son is an awesome experience.

KB work,

100 swings with the 24
5/5 getups
10 pistols each leg some weighted 12kg most not
Wall walking x 2
20 chins done in sets of 5

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Sunday,

KB work,

100 swings with the 24
5 x 1/1 getups 24
20 chins in sets of 5
Pistols x 4/4

Need to make some time for mobility and stretching.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Monday,

KB work,

100 swings mixed h2h and 2 handed used the 24
5 x 1/1 tgu using the 24

No chins or extra work today, toying with the idea of adding in mini strength work throughout the day, bodyweight work or weighted bodyweight work.

Jiu jitsu, last session before Christmas open mat was the order of the day rolled with a blue belt for 30 mins he is new to the belt, it was a nice warmup. Spent the last 30 mins rollingf with my professor, it was light hearted and positions were exchanged without 100% resistance.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Tuesday,

100 swings with the 24
5 x 1/1 get ups with the 24
Pistols 8 x 1/1
Chins x 20
Wall walking x 2

Move up to the 28 after the new year is out of the way, ticking along nice with this programe for now.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:30 pm

Thursday,

No training yesterday, church with family and spent a nice Christmas day chilling with the family.

Today:

100 swings with the 24
5 x 1/1 get ups witb the 24

Wife got me a captains of crush 1.5, I'm not far from closing with the right left hand is way behind. Would be nice to close the 3 in time seems like good fun, nothing wrong with having strong hands.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Some loose goals for this year:

1. Train consitently using simple & sinister as a base hopefully using the 32kg. Adding on some pushups, chins and squats for some spice.
2. Mobility and flexibility work, its something I need to get back to doing on a regular basis I have been slacking in this are most.
3. Some general rucking and or running, as a base of fitness it cant be beaten again its something I have been slacking on.
4. Brush up on some camp craft and basic hunting skills, my son is coming to an age where it will be something cool to do with him and I want to instill ideals of self reliance in him. It doesn't hurt to be prepared either, although gun laws are especially tight here I will be using air rifles and slingshots.

Other than these I need to keep my mind open to doing new challenges and reinstil a spirit of adventure.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:39 am

This week I've kept things simple by focusing on jiu jitsu with no additional training I've clocked up 7 jiu jitsu sessions. Next week i will add in some additional work slowly, combination of stability and mobilty the S&S routine is a good base for this.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:42 pm

Finding it hard to fit anything other than jiu jitsu at the minute, beyond some light jump stretch work the spirit is willing but the flesh is week currently doing 7 jiu jitsu sessions a week.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:41 pm

Monday,

Going to try and be more consistent with logging.

Kb warm up

100 swings with 24kg bell
5/5 TGU with 24kg bell

Jump stretch flexibility work later in the day before jiu jitsu.

Jiu jitsu, class was on getting into the x-guard and then passing it, stuffing the top hook or leg drag to pass, lots of specific training to finish.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Tuesday,

Extra drilling with professor in the morning, working sweeps for an hour.

Open mat in the evening, rolled for an hour and a half with two blue belts, working on developing a good top pressure and relentless guard passing both in pressure and movement.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Wednesday,

Jiu jitsu, drilled sweeps for an hour with my professor, this is extra training for him and a game development session.

Jiu jitsu class, class was on passing/staying safe in the 50/50, my coach doesn't like the position but recognises the importance of understand all aspects of grappling, during specific training/sparring I was doing really well, thn I rolled with a fellow purple who is my equal in skill maybe ahead even, after a drawn out battle I broke and conceded the pass, it wasn't the pass but the fact that I broke that bothers me, but jiu jitsu really does expose your flaws warts and all, so its something to work on.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Thursday,

Jiu jitsu, whole class was dedicated to sparring from closed guard, sweep or submit from bottom, pass from the top. I was determined to set a good pace and work consistently without taking any breaks, some tough guys tonight including several judo guys with excellent base.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Friday,

Walked about 8 miles today with a pack as well as two jiu jitsu classes:

1st class I covered i showed some leg drag variations from the half guard, I didn't spar as the numbers were even and nobody wanted to sit out.

2nd class was open mat rolled with a big blue belt who is about 120kg im 78kg at the minute, he's rusty and coming back to training after a month off, was an interesting roll I'm finding a lot of success from the bottom with X guard from the footlock position and the traditional open guard to armlock, I'm also loving the kimura control.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Saturday,

Jiu jitsu, covered class again, showed some leg drag positions from half guard. 6x8 min rounds rolling was a good workout some people had trouble pacing themselves, for some reason I'm able to hit a pace and keep it regardless if I'm tired or not. As part of competition prep I ran a quick circuit at the end of class.

Sunday,

Jumpstretch flexibility work enjoying using the bands for stretching, I also need to pull the trigger and do some kb work, I like the S&S routine, I'm also tempted to just do some bodyweight work with sandbag squats and some swings etc.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Monday,

Jiu jitsu,

Still covering classes for the professor whike he is away in Jordan coaching one of our mma fighters, I dont mind doing it but feel self concious doing so. I showed several leg drag opportunities from half guard. Been looking into some pro-hormone stuff been offered some for free, its not something I know a great deal about..

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Tuesday,

Nogi in the morning, taught some leg lock entrys that I liks, then got dragged into rolling by someone whomhas been calling me out for weeks, put him away with footlocks and a kimura.

Open mat, rolled with a purple belt mostly flow rolling, just playing with positions catch and release submissions, good stuff.

Safe to say Im not going down the prohormone route, didnt realise its code for steriods lol how naive.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Wednesday,

S&S

Warm up with the 24 for goblet squats and 16 for halos

1. 50 swings with the 24
2. Getups 5 x 1/1

Good stuff the bit playing about I did with this before christmas felt good I just need to build up some momentum again, I've also been struggling with some thoracic pain after being slammed in jiu jitsu a few weeks ago, trying to shrug it off isnt working.

Jiu jitsu, class was on attacking the turtle basic stuff on controling from the top and some nice submissions top from there, I didnt spar today might be sensible for a while and see if this back pain dies down.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:56 pm

Thrusday,

Helped out at the kids class and then took the adults class went through some guard retreival drills and side control transitions.

I have been offered a submission only match in March 15 minute time limit, time to step it up.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Monday,

Jiu jitsu, our professor attended a Leo Vieira seminar at the weekend as usual the concepts provided where awesome, technical standup drill applied to passing guard, double leg control for passing, incredibly basic stuff but when applied in with his insight its awesome. I got fucked over in sparring today, not even in the game haha.

Really finding things hard at the moment, depression has come back strong in the last few weeks. Its not a fun place to be dragging my ass around everywhere, need to find a way out.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:08 pm

Tuesday,

Kb warmup, goblet squats, bridges and halos

1. Swings 10 x 10 with the 24
2. TGU 5x1/1 with the 24
3. 5 x 2 pullups

Jiu jitsu, open mat rolled for an hour or so, playing defensive honing my survival skills, its fun to see people get frustrated and then give space to escape because they are rash at the wrong time, its a dangerous game though and I did get caught a couple of times.

Made an appointment to see a gp today.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Wedensday,

1. S&S Warm up x 3
2. Swings using 24kg 10x10
3. TGU with 24kg 5 x1/1

Jiu jitsu, continued the work from monday same concept of not accepting any postion. 5 x 7 minute rounds to finish, I hit some nice butterfly and xguard sweeps, seems to be my go to guards at the minute.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Busy week, finished by four classes with Leo Vieira, if there was ever someone who knows guard passing its him, unbelievable few days, simple concepts put together reallh well, he squashed me like a bug...