Fixing shit

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Re: Fixing shit

Post by JDub » Wed May 14, 2014 3:55 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Light pulling and pushing as long as it's not on a waist belt is probably fine. Just nothing where you have to brace the abs and rotate, brace and extend, or bear down hard.

I think pushing and pulling may be perfect over the long haul.
Yeah I hate to jump on the Louie Simmons train but this shit will keep you strong and fairly well conditioned and it's fun. As much as I miss squatting and pulling I'm not sure I will head down that road again. That's mainly due to assessing risk/reward for me.

By the way how do you like sub q injections? Can you tell any difference in absorption compared to IM injections. I either go IM in the glutes or quads but wouldn't mind cutting down on scar tissue. You're using sustanon aren't you?
T200 wrote:Drinking is for posers until you are drinking Everclear from a an old freebase kit you found in the park.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed May 14, 2014 4:04 pm

JDub wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Light pulling and pushing as long as it's not on a waist belt is probably fine. Just nothing where you have to brace the abs and rotate, brace and extend, or bear down hard.

I think pushing and pulling may be perfect over the long haul.
Yeah I hate to jump on the Louie Simmons train but this shit will keep you strong and fairly well conditioned and it's fun. As much as I miss squatting and pulling I'm not sure I will head down that road again. That's mainly due to assessing risk/reward for me.

By the way how do you like sub q injections? Can you tell any difference in absorption compared to IM injections. I either go IM in the glutes or quads but wouldn't mind cutting down on scar tissue. You're using sustanon aren't you?

Yeah. I get sust. so more frequent is a little better. I love subq. at 250mg/ml I can use a tuberculin syringe and a a 27g needle. Miniscule amount so never any pain or weird swell that some people get from subq with oils.

I do notice less est. swings with it. every 3 days is about right.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Post by JDub » Wed May 14, 2014 4:10 pm

Hmm. I wonder if it would work as well with me being on a single test vs you being on a test blend. I'm just using cypionate but I may try it for a few weeks.
T200 wrote:Drinking is for posers until you are drinking Everclear from a an old freebase kit you found in the park.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed May 14, 2014 4:13 pm

JDub wrote:Hmm. I wonder if it would work as well with me being on a single test vs you being on a test blend. I'm just using cypionate but I may try it for a few weeks.

It does. I know several folks who are fans of low dose tren on top of a test cycle or low dose T (200 ew) backing up a hard androgen. They will subq ED or EOD. Low amounts of oils work fine this way. Crisler has a YT vid on all the benefits.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Post by JDub » Wed May 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks. I'm going to give it try and see how I like it.

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Post by JDub » Thu May 15, 2014 1:05 pm

5/15

Joint mobility warmup
Band Pullapart sequence
Planks x 60 seconds x 1 set
Neutral Chinups x 1, 2, 1, 2, 1
Banded Pushups- 3 sets of 6 with light band
1 Arm Standing Band Row- 2 sets of 8/arm with light band
Band Pullaparts- 10 sets of 8 with micro band (5 sets palms up, 5 sets palms down)
Stretching throughout the day and that will be it. No sled dragging scheduled today and probably won't walk due to thunderstorms and general laziness.

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Post by JDub » Thu May 15, 2014 11:54 pm

I keep saying I am going to discontinue pushes and chins for all rows and upper back for a while but I always end up doing them. Then I'm pissed several hours later when my shoulders and elbows bother me. Normally lasts several days. Maybe this time I will mean it.

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Post by JDub » Sat May 17, 2014 1:11 pm

5/17

Sled:

Forward Walk: 70lbs/60yds/2 trips, 115/60/2, 160/60/2, 205/60/2
Lateral Ankle Drag: 70lbs/20 reps/1 set per side

At home:

Planks- 1x60 seconds
Stretching

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Jdub, can you give me some good resources on sled pulling programs? I used to have a printout from Diesel Crew but can't seem to locate it now. I had some other stuff as well. I've got a buddy who just bought a sled and wants a basic program. He wants to start out with just lower body work, dragging forwards and backwards, but will add in upper body later on. He said he'll probably do it 2-3 times a week.

Shit, I think I may start doing some sled dragging again too.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Hm,draging the sled while walking backwards hits the quads hard.Had forgotten about that.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".